Page 617 of 775 FirstFirst ... 117517567607613614615616617618619620621627667717 ... LastLast
Results 9,241 to 9,255 of 11619

I thought we knew that already? Or is this just official confirmation?

Shame it's being pushed back, but not surprising.

Give me my Nova, dammit!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I thought we knew that already? Or is this just official confirmation?

Shame it's being pushed back, but not surprising.

Give me my Nova, dammit!
    There was some rumored talk this year that it would be a movie(focus on richard mostly) and a show(focus on sam mostly) that i posted awhile ago,but since then there as been even more clear info that only a show is coming out.

Jon Bernthal is back as the Punisher for the upcoming Daredevil series!

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    Curious how they'll end up using him.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

This is great news, I hope we get more comic Punisher badassery and I hope all the whinging about Punisher being slowly removed from Marvel will be over.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

And the same article confirmed Deborah Ann Woll and Elden Henson are not slated to return as Karen and Foggy, which is kind of a bizarre decision when you think about it (this show has 18 episodes, there's no way they couldn't figure out how to add the two most important supporting characters anywhere), but it just further points towards this being more of a soft reboot than a continuation of the previous show.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    And the same article confirmed Deborah Ann Woll and Elden Henson are not slated to return as Karen and Foggy, which is kind of a bizarre decision when you think about it (this show has 18 episodes, there's no way they couldn't figure out how to add the two most important supporting characters anywhere), but it just further points towards this being more of a soft reboot than a continuation of the previous show.
    I feel like the episode lengths are gonna be similar to the Mandalorian around 30 minutes.

I wonder if Karen and Foggy will show up as a surprise.

I struggle to imagine a Daredevil without Foggy so I'm hoping they just recast. Articles didn't say the characters weren't gonna be there, just that the Netflix actors won't return right?

So I expect recasting for Foggy. Karen, I'm not sure if we'll see her at all. I don't feel like she's such a critical aspect of Matt's life she *has* to be there, y'know? She was one of his major love interests but I feel like her biggest story was dying and maybe the show should just move on to Elektra or someone?

Crazy pumped about Bernthal, that's the best thing I've heard since they said Cox was coming back. I didn't think we'd be lucky enough to get Bernthal back as Frank but hot damn it's exciting. Losing the guy who played Foggy hurts, I loved him in the role, but my heart will heal in time.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Unless they make their appearances a surprise (let's face it, it wouldn't be the first time a returning Marvel actor lied about appearing in an upcoming project), I'm really curious as to why they wouldn't want these actors to return. It couldn't possibly be the money, as a guy like D'nofrio (while worth every penny) has to be far more expensive to cast. Recasting any of them just seems...sacrilegious, imho.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

We're getting a Will Poulter/Adam Warlock MCU variant cover for the Guardians of the Galaxy #1 comic.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...r-adam-warlock

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Karen is one thing, but not having Foggy back feels wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    We're getting a Will Poulter/Adam Warlock MCU variant cover for the Guardians of the Galaxy #1 comic.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...r-adam-warlock

I hope Gunn does Adam justice but I'm skeptical.

Extraordinary Member

Anthony Mackie's Falcon Replacement Looks Jacked for Captain America 4 (Photo)
    Anthony Mackie's replacement as the MCU's Falcon, Danny Ramirez, shared a thrilling look into the physical progress he's making for his role ahead of Captain America: New World Order.
    Danny Ramirez is prepping for his Joaquin Torres to take over the mantle of Falcon in the MCU once Sam Wilson’s wings fell into his possession in Episode 5 of The Falcon and the Winter Soldier.
    To read more clink link.
    https://thedirect.com/article/anthon...tain-america-4

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Karen is one thing, but not having Foggy back feels wrong.

I hope Gunn does Adam justice but I'm skeptical.
    Will Poulter is an odd choice for Warlock. Good actor mind you, but I always though of Adam as more of a pretty-boy type. Still, maybe Gunn knows what he’s doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Will Poulter is an odd choice for Warlock. Good actor mind you, but I always though of Adam as more of a pretty-boy type. Still, maybe Gunn knows what he’s doing?
    I'm also curious how they'll use the Soul Gem here.

Extraordinary Member

Bob Iger Questions Marvel Sequels, Need to Bring Back Characters: ‘You’re Going to See a Lot of Newness’
    The Disney CEO spoke about the future of the MCU at the Morgan Stanley’s 2023 Technology Media and Telecom Conference.
    “Spider-Man: No Way Home”

Marvel Studios is never shy to bring back a fan-favorite character or give an old favorite a sequel. Over 24 years and 31 movies, the only characters that have been officially retired are a few tentpoles like Captain America (Chris Evans) and Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.). But according to Disney CEO Bob Iger, the studio’s upcoming slate is all about going to be introducing fresh faces and less about bringing back old stalwarts.

During Disney’s Thursday presentation at Morgan Stanley’s 2023 Technology Media and Telecom Conference, Iger spoke about the future of Marvel at the company. During the next five years, Iger said Disney would reevaluate whether certain characters need sequels, or need to be brought back at all.

“Marvel — there were 7,000 characters, there are a lot more stories to tell,” he said. “What we have to look at at Marvel is not necessarily the volume of Marvel storytelling, but how many times we go back to the well on certain characters. Sequels typically work well for us. Do you need a third or a fourth, or is it time to turn to other characters? There’s nothing in any way inherently off in terms of the Marvel brand. I think we just have to look at what characters or stories we’re mining. And if you look at the trajectory of Marvel over the next five years, you’re going to see a lot of newness. We’re going to turn back to the Avengers franchise, but with a whole set of different Avengers.”

The “turn back” to the “Avengers” franchise is a reference to “Avengers: The Kang Dynasty” and “Avengers: Secret Wars,” which will end Phase 6 in 2025 and 2026. Destin Daniel Cretton is slated to direct “Kang Dynasty,” while the “Secret Wars” director has yet to be announced.

Upcoming Marvel sequels include a third “Guardians of the Galaxy” movie, “The Marvels,” “New World Order” starring Anthony Mackie as new Captain America Sam Wilson, and “Thunderbolts,” which will team villains and anti-heroes from past films. The only films completely starring new characters is “Fantastic Four,” which will introduce the titular team to the franchise, and “Blade” starring Mahershala Ali. That said, three unannounced films from Marvel Studios have been dated for July 25 and November 7, 2025, and February 13, 2026.

Iger also addressed another Disney tentpole, Lucasfilm’s “Star Wars,” during the call. The franchise has mostly been cosigned to Disney+ since 2019’s “The Rise of Skywalker” ended the sequel trilogy, and earlier this week it was reported that two in-development films — Patty Jenkins’ “Rogue Squadron” and an untitled project from Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige — have been shelved. Iger explained that Disney wanted to pause their release of films in the franchise after the commercial disappointment of spin-off film “Solo,” but that new films are still being made by Lucasfilm.

“‘Solo’ was a little disappointing to us. It gave us pause just to think maybe the cadence was a little too aggressive. So we decided to pull back a bit,” Iger said. “We still are developing ‘Star Wars’ films. We’re going to make sure that when we make one that it’s the right one, and so we’re being really careful there.”

https://www.indiewire.com/2023/03/di...ls-1234817799/