Page 620 of 775 FirstFirst ... 120520570610616617618619620621622623624630670720 ... LastLast
Results 9,286 to 9,300 of 11621
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Yeah. I get they're trying to add new characters and see what works and what doesn't and go from there. These characters are okay, but in Agatha's case, she was all right in WandaVision, but to warrant a show and have them push back their schedule to accommodate her? I don't know, but they are.

Some of the characters appearing later felt a bit forced in their appearances, like Iron Heart. I would think she'd appear first in Armor Wars, or even just in her own show.
    Coogler's company is doing the IronHeart show, IIRC, which is why she appeared in Wakanda Forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    I think Iron Heart deserves her own show or movie. Whether the IP is successful remains to be seen. Her debut in BP2 didn't seem forced to me at all. The movie needed as much help with Boseman gone and having Namor with Iron Heart helped a lot.

Agatha is a real head scratcher to me. Her performance was good but to warrant a show on her own? And the same with Echo. She was a good character. But again a whole TV series? The MCU to me is getting too cocky in their IPs. Not every IP can stand own its' own. It will be interesting what happens when the new IPs just aren't successful will they finally return to the original characters with different actors?
    Iron Heart was totally a mcguffin in Wakanda Forever. She was the weakest part of the movie, IMO. She's getting a show because of Coogler.

Agatha and Echo, again, I'm clueless on why they are getting shows. I can name 20 characters that should get shows instead of these characters. Ditto Wonderman, but I think he's getting one because of the director.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    WandaVision,agatha and the upcoming vision quest mcu show is heavily connected.
    Agatha and vision quest is just the aftermath of wandavison,so it makes sense for them to continue to show that part of the mcu(more magic etc..).
    You could say agatha and vision quest is just season 2 and 3 without wanda being the main main focus,but she could still show up in these shows.

Agatha: Coven of Chaos

https://marvelcinematicuniverse.fand...Coven_of_Chaos

Vision Quest

https://marvelcinematicuniverse.fand...i/Vision_Quest
    That may be now, but is there really a reason why Agatha couldn't have been folded into VisionQuest?

I'm all for Vision getting his own series. Agatha still no. The problem I have with sequels and TV shows are the budget constraints, especially when an actor/actress becomes too popular and the salary eats up a good chunk of the budget. Now it's adios IP and hello new cheaper IP. I hope Olsen makes an appearance in both series but with her price tag it's probably not likely.
    I don't know about the actor salaries being such a big deal. That said, it's the budget / show constraints, especially since they are talking about cutting back, that make some of these choices questionable to me as a fan. If there's a limited number, then yes, I'd rather see something else chosen. That said, I trust Feige has his reasons and hope it will all come together and I see the characters I'm interested in before I die of old age.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    No one, or rather, the target streaming audience doesn't care about the IP's at all. No one really knew The Boys or The Walking Dead, but the writing was good and they took off. We can't say the same about Jupiter's Legacy. So I don't think "cocky" is the right word for Disney using all their IP's and seeing what works and what doesn't. Thor was failing until they found a good direction for him.
    But The Walking Dead and The Boys were based on their own source material. They had actual books and each IP had their own supporting cast. The comic books were popular. Thor has a massive supporting cast with various storylines to choose from. Agatha? No books. No distinctive storyline. Pretty much a brand new revised IP from WandaVision. Her popularity is not that high as the MCU would like to think. Same as Echo.

I don't think the MCU should start plucking random characters and trying to make them a starring vehicle. They should use popular characters or characters that become popular onscreen.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Coogler's company is doing the IronHeart show, IIRC, which is why she appeared in Wakanda Forever.

Iron Heart was totally a mcguffin in Wakanda Forever. She was the weakest part of the movie, IMO. She's getting a show because of Coogler.

Agatha and Echo, again, I'm clueless on why they are getting shows. I can name 20 characters that should get shows instead of these characters. Ditto Wonderman, but I think he's getting one because of the director.
    I think IronHeart was going to either get a movie or tv show regardless if Coogler wasn't interested. RiRi fits the MCU diversity checklist, not to mention she is a prominent newer generation character and had a few books on her own.

I'm okay with Wonder Man getting his own show. At least he's been around for decades and appeared in hundreds of books, a few mini series and cancelled series. Agatha and Echo?

Extraordinary Member

That may be now, but is there really a reason why Agatha couldn't have been folded into VisionQuest?
    Agatha spin off came first.
    It was not clear/or known at the time for the public if vision would get his own show,but he got it later.

I'm okay with Wonder Man getting his own show. At least he's been around for decades and appeared in hundreds of books, a few mini series and cancelled series. Agatha and Echo?
    Agatha has become popular.
    That's is one of the reasons she is getting a show and of course the other reason i mention above.

Echo?

Well it's clear that the mcu is getting more diverse,so of course echo is getting show.
    A native american is getting show.

Red wolf is not getting a show,so you have to name a native american superhero outside of x-men to get a show and echo is it.
    It's clear to me.
    She is the one most consistent native american/latino superhero shown in marvel comics outside of the x-men native american superheroes and getting more of a push in comics and live action.
    That's why it is one of the main reasons she getting a show,plus she is connected to daredevil(in comics and future mcu ) and kingpin(comics and mcu) and they want to expand that world/corner of the mcu like the non canon mcu netflix shows did.

Note- in the mcu, she just native american.
    In comics like i mention above she is native american/latino.
    Last edited by mace11; 03-12-2023 at 11:42 AM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I will always defend Agatha: Coven Of Chaos because it is likely the sequel WandaVision deserved. I mean, actually, the most logical thing was to do a Scarlet Witch solo project after that, but Marvel messed up by doing what they did to Wanda in Doctor Strange 2, so we were not exactly left with the best of options. Agatha and Vision Quest will probably pick up the pieces and set the stage for Wanda's return to the MCU, which has the potential to be a whole event of its own. So I say let Jac Schaeffer cook! She was responsible for a very successful, well received and awarded show with WandaVision. If they want to let her continue the story through other shows, I'd say that's hardly a bad idea. I feel more confident about that corner of the MCU than something like Thunderbolts, which is a completely wild card.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I will always defend Agatha: Coven Of Chaos because it is likely the sequel WandaVision deserved. I mean, actually, the most logical thing was to do a Scarlet Witch solo project after that, but Marvel messed up by doing what they did to Wanda in Doctor Strange 2, so we were not exactly left with the best of options. Agatha and Vision Quest will probably pick up the pieces and set the stage for Wanda's return to the MCU, which has the potential to be a whole event of its own. So I say let Jac Schaeffer cook! She was responsible for a very successful, well received and awarded show with WandaVision. If they want to let her continue the story through other shows, I'd say that's hardly a bad idea. I feel more confident about that corner of the MCU than something like Thunderbolts, which is a completely wild card.
    Thunderbolts just feels like discount Marvel Suicide Squad to me with an added dose of feeling more like a Black Widow sequel than it's own thing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Thunderbolts just feels like discount Marvel Suicide Squad to me with an added dose of feeling more like a Black Widow sequel than it's own thing.
    I heard that bucky will be the leader,not yelena.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

But The Walking Dead and The Boys were based on their own source material. They had actual books and each IP had their own supporting cast. The comic books were popular. Thor has a massive supporting cast with various storylines to choose from. Agatha? No books. No distinctive storyline. Pretty much a brand new revised IP from WandaVision. Her popularity is not that high as the MCU would like to think. Same as Echo.

I don't think the MCU should start plucking random characters and trying to make them a starring vehicle. They should use popular characters or characters that become popular onscreen.
    Well Disney has been plucking "random" characters because they were all nobodies for the most part. A "popular comic book character" means zero to the general audience. The only thing that matters is the script. They don't change the source material for the media because it would work. Most of the time characters are just loosely based off a comic or changed a lot.

The opinion of comic book readers means nothing in a room discussing how to make a show when it comes to choosing characters, and bashing on characters is more of a personal preference than how movies and TV suits go about making IP's.

The Avengers are more popular and financially successful than the X-Men on screen, but in the comics aren't at the same level of popularity and it didn't matter. And they were random IP's at the time they were made.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

The Suicide Squad movies were terrible. They're the discount of themselves. I haven't read their comics, so I'm just talking about what I do know about them. There is room for the Thunderbolts to come out on top.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    I heard that bucky will be the leader,not yelena.
    Although that doesn't necesarilly make him the main character.

Extraordinary Member

Edited above.

By the way let's not forget spiderman is number 1 solo selling superhero in marvel and thor is the most consistent second highest selling solo superhero in marvel comics,just like superman is after batman in dc.
    If spiderman,batman and superman could get keep getting movies after the 3rd,one then why not thor?
    Plus he does not have any mcu flops and his last two movies made over 700 million and up.

His last one could have made over 800 million(make more then the batman) if it played in china,russia etc..
    Thor may still get a 5th movie if you see the post credit scene.
    Last edited by mace11; 03-12-2023 at 12:19 PM.

Astonishing Member

I probably wouldn't be too bothered with another Thor sequel. However if his supporting cast starts getting solo movies that would definitely raise my eyebrows. Maybe TV shows on his supporting cast but not a whole movie even if the writing is great.

I probably wouldn't be too bothered with another Thor sequel. However if his supporting cast starts getting solo movies that would definitely raise my eyebrows. Maybe TV shows on his supporting cast but not a whole movie even if the writing is great.
    The way they left Thor I feel like there really isn't much left to do because they put him in such a status quo that it would be hard to follow up on in a logical manner.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

The way they left Thor I feel like there really isn't much left to do because they put him in such a status quo that it would be hard to follow up on in a logical manner.
    Gimme that King Thor film at the end of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Gimme that King Thor film at the end of the universe
    They already wasted Thor as king in Ragnarok->Endgame.

Meanwhile Valkyrie's just chilling, turning Asgard into a tourist trap, and waiting for something to kill her so she can hook back up with her old girlfriend.