Page 623 of 777 FirstFirst ... 123523573613619620621622623624625626627633673723 ... LastLast
Results 9,331 to 9,345 of 11648
    Extraordinary Member

Marvel Studios Executive Victoria Alonso Exits Company
    Victoria Alonso, a longtime Marvel Cinematic Universe executive producer who was promoted to President of Physical and Post Production, Visual Effects, and Animation at Marvel Studios in 2021, has exited the company after 17 years. The veteran executive formerly served as the EVP of Production and as a producer on every film and television MCU installment since 2008's Iron Man, working in tandem with Marvel Studios president and CCO Kevin Feige and co-president Louis D'Esposito. The Hollywood Reporter broke the news, reporting Alonso left her position at Marvel Studios on Friday, March 17th. The reason for Alonso's exit are unclear.

Alonso has been a key figure in the Marvel Studios hierarchy since 2006, when the Argentina-born visual effects producer joined the then-independent Marvel Studios. As co-producer on Iron Man (2008), Iron Man 2 (2010), Thor (2011), and Captain America: The First Avenger (2011), Alonso helped shape the first phase of the MCU that would culminate in the team-up film The Avengers (2012), where Alonso was promoted to executive producer.

She would go on to serve as executive producer on the studio's biggest blockbusters, including Guardians of the Galaxy (2014), Black Panther (2018), Avengers: Infinity War (2018), Avengers: Endgame (2019), Captain Marvel (2019), and Spider-Man: No Way Home (2022). Alonso also executive produces the upcoming James Gunn-directed Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (out May 5th) and the recently pushed-back The Marvels (November 10th), which will mark her final film project for the studio; Alonso is also credited on the upcoming Disney+ series Secret Invasion, Echo, Ironheart, and Agatha: Coven of Chaos.

This story is developing and will be updated.

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/ma...s-company-mcu/

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post

Wow. That is a shocker. Interested to hear why she left.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

She's been there since the beginning alongside Feige, so it's hard for me to imagine this was his decision. She was promoted under him, after all. Maybe it was just an amicable split, but looking at the fact that her last position was head of Post-Production, Visual Effects and Animation, all of which have sort of been thrown into some sort of crisis during phase 4... I can't help but wonder if she ended up being a casualty from Disney trying to restructure Marvel Studios.

I fear Feige might be on the list.

I heard they offered to let her stay but only if she would start pronouncing Namor's name correctly. She declined.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I heard they offered to let her stay but only if she would start pronouncing Namor's name correctly. She declined.
    She had a lot of problems. VFX pros hate her; and when she got more responsibility for that area, their product declined in quality, and working for her was very sweatshop like. She also wanted to bring in the X-Men as the X-People or some such, and was responsible for much of the MCU's more recent diversity push which at the least took place while their box office and reviews tanked, whether or not there was causation. And, I've heard The Marvels is a horror show of badness, requiring reshoots---she may be catching heat because of that. Oh well, whatever the cause, I'm sure it will leak in due course.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    I fear Feige might be on the list.
    Only if Avengers 5 and 6 fail to be hits.

Extraordinary Member

Black Panther 2 Lack of Male Characters Explained by Marvel Studios VP

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    She had a lot of problems. VFX pros hate her; and when she got more responsibility for that area, their product declined in quality, and working for her was very sweatshop like. She also wanted to bring in the X-Men as the X-People or some such, and was responsible for much of the MCU's more recent diversity push which at the least took place while their box office and reviews tanked, whether or not there was causation. And, I've heard The Marvels is a horror show of badness, requiring reshoots---she may be catching heat because of that. Oh well, whatever the cause, I'm sure it will leak in due course.
    VFX artists are probably happy with this.
    Black Panther 2 Lack of Male Characters Explained by Marvel Studios VP
    Well, yeah, they killed off or imprisoned all the other prominent black characters in the first movie, T'Challa's dead, and they didn't introduce any of the other significant male Wakandan's.

Extraordinary Member

Here is some interesting talk and marvel is talk about too.
    Directors Are Getting Turned Off The Superhero Movies: Shazam Director Says He's Done

Note-i disagree with comment in the video by the viewer when he said phase 4 mcu and ant-man 3 put a bad taste in every one mouth and ant-man 3. It did not not for most folks.
    Last edited by mace11; 03-22-2023 at 05:33 PM.

Directors Are Getting Turned Off The Superhero Movies: Shazam Director Says He's Done
    I will admit Phase 4 has bern rather shaky ground.

Clickbait title, he said he's done for now. He's said nothing about having problems on-set or anything.

BANNED

What's interesting is that Alonso's been around since the start of the MCU; however, like with Feige, it's debatable what her actual contributions were to the building-up of the MCU until she had the power to exert more of her influence over the franchise.

Extraordinary Member

I'm sure she makes suggestions but ultimately everything that happens is because Feige approves it, and Disney approves of him approving it. People just assume it must be Victoria Alonso's fault because they don't know much about her except her name and some things she's said in interviews.

Just like people jumped to blame Michael Waldron and Jeff Loveness, and they deserve blame for their scripts, but ultimately they are carrying out what their bosses want, plus Feige's the one who decided to hand big movies to writers with no feature film experience. Or, I'll be more controversial here, the MCU's problem with women clearly was not entirely the fault of Ike Perlmutter, because it's continued in his absence. Perlmutter deserved blame but so did Feige and others; Perlmutter was the easiest target, that's all.

The simplest explanation for why Alonso was pushed out is that the VFX problems -- both the rushed-looking VFX and the horror stories about the way Marvel treats the VFX studios -- have been the single biggest source of bad publicity in the last couple of years, and Alonso is the executive most responsible for physical production and post-production, including VFX. She's the head that rolls first.

Quote Originally Posted by bat22 View Post
    What's interesting is that Alonso's been around since the start of the MCU; however, like with Feige, it's debatable what her actual contributions were to the building-up of the MCU until she had the power to exert more of her influence over the franchise.

Speaking of clickbait videos...