Page 626 of 775 FirstFirst ... 126526576616622623624625626627628629630636676726 ... LastLast
Results 9,376 to 9,390 of 11619
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Well the problem with the VFX was not about pay. It was about getting work done. The quality of work was suffering due to poor management. Stupid crap like deadlines getting thrown out the window due to management changing things last minute. Sure, lowballing contractors is fine, but not getting the work done? THAT is a problem.
    How is that all Alonso's fault? She's not the one that decided Marvel needed to put out a ton of movies and shows to bolster the debut of Disney+. She's not the one who changed things at the last minute and demanded changes -- that's the directors and decisions made by Feige and the whole studio. She was in charge of VFX before, for all those Marvel movies people keep citing as the 'good old days.'
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Oh this is about to get messy. Even if he's innocent, it will probably take a long time to clear his name.
    Almost certainly it will affect his future at Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Oh this is about to get messy. Even if he's innocent, it will probably take a long time to clear his name.
    For sure.

Between this, Ant-Man’s results and Alonso’s firing, Disney and the MCU are making it look like DC Studios isn’t the only super-hero dumpster fire in Hollywood.

If this is true then this might be the quickest rise and fall in Hollywood history.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I agree. Things are gonna hit the fan now...
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Actor Jonathan Majors — who plays the Kang in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and recently starred in Creed 3 — was arrested in New York City Saturday morning under charges of strangulation, assault, and harassment.

A spokesperson from the New York Police Department's Deputy Commissioner of Public Information confirmed Majors' arrest to IGN and shared the following statement:

“On Saturday, March 25, 2023 at approximately 1114 hours, police responded to 911 call... A preliminary investigation determined that a 33-year-old male was involved in a domestic dispute with a 30 year-old female. The victim informed police she was assaulted. Officers placed the 33-year-old male into custody without incident. The victim sustained minor injuries to her head and neck and was removed to an area hospital in stable condition.”

IGN received a statement from Majors' representatives, which reads, "He has done nothing wrong. We look forward to clearing his name and clearing this up." Majors' relationship to the woman is currently unknown.
    Dang. That came out of nowhere.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Oh man I hope most of what I am reading and hearing is not true. This sounds awful. I love Majors and this is the last thing I wanted for him. Guy is on top of the world right now. Then this?!
    Not to convict him or anything, but often being in the top of the world makes aggressors think they're untouchable. And too often they're right.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    If this is true then this might be the quickest rise and fall in Hollywood history.
    Agreed. Went on Twitter to find Jonathan Majors trending alongside Ezra Miller. Bloody hell.

I know people at Marvel Studios are losing their minds right now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    Well, recasting shouldn’t be such a big deal if necessary. The movie and Loki said Major’s Kangs were variants, not the “real” Kang. Dropping in a new actor if needed won’t be such a big deal. A new actor would be the “real” Kang. Presto! Movie magic. It’s that easy. But if this drags out, it will be like the MCU has its own Ezra Miller-type problem on its hands.
    Last edited by Brian B; 03-25-2023 at 09:46 PM.

Wow, color me shocked. Majors seemed like such a soft-spoken, relaxed, and chill guy...but I guess you can't always know someone's true character.

I guess this doesn't necesarilly have to impact Phase 4 because honestly they've set up Kang in a way that they could very easily recast, and yet so much of Phase 4 is supposed to be centered on Majors' version of Kang and his standout performance in Quantumania (probably one of the few things to get unanimous praise for the movie) that it feels like yet another big shakeup.

I guess this is basically is Marvel Studios' Ezra Miller moment.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wow, color me shocked. Majors seemed like such a soft-spoken, relaxed, and chill guy...but I guess you can't always know someone's true character.

I guess this doesn't necesarilly have to impact Phase 4 because honestly they've set up Kang in a way that they could very easily recast, and yet so much of Phase 4 is supposed to be centered on Majors' version of Kang and his standout performance in Quantumania (probably one of the few things to get unanimous praise for the movie) that it feels like yet another big shakeup.

I guess this is basically is Marvel Studios' Ezra Miller moment.
    Don't forget his Anderson character in Creed III made an impact and that movie has already grossed more than the previous movie worldwide. And the Creed franchise is not really committed to Majors returning, unlike the Kang character in Marvel.

This actually looks worse for me than Miller's issues, especially if the Flash movie is well received (I thought the trailer was fantastic) and Miller and everyone else agreed to leave everything alone afterwards.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    this is why franchises should not be placed on the shoulders of a single individual.

I mean if RDJ was cast as Iron Man today he would get booed out the door.

Maybe people will allow this to play out and if this is true, allow Majors to make amends but who am I kidding he'll be ixnayed in t-minus 2 minutes

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    this is why franchises should not be placed on the shoulders of a single individual.

I mean if RDJ was cast as Iron Man today he would get booed out the door.

Maybe people will allow this to play out and if this is true, allow Majors to make amends but who am I kidding he'll be ixnayed in t-minus 2 minutes
    RDJ is a bit different because he was an addict, not an abuser. His "crimes" were only really hurting himself. Don't get me wrong. People are flawed and complex and I believe everybody deserves mercy and second chances, but having a drug problem isn't the same thing as strangling your girlfriend.

I'm not saying he's automatically guilty, but reading the details, it's not sounding good.
    Last edited by Refrax5; 03-25-2023 at 11:13 PM.