Page 630 of 775 FirstFirst ... 130530580620626627628629630631632633634640680730 ... LastLast
Results 9,436 to 9,450 of 11619

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    There also the issue that even if there was exonerating footage, it’s regrettably about 20 hours too late to head off the court of public opinion
    With the technology already exists, can we trust footage??
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

I think the further MCU strays from the source material, the poorer the films seem to do. I guess there have been exceptions like Thor: Ragnarok which many people seemed to love -- while I found it a huge groanfest. But there are obviously a lot of high points in Marvel history that MCU doesn't need to change as much as they do.

Ant-Man 3 was not the place to introduce Kang, IMHO. They didn't need such big stakes -- Ant-Man worked absolutely great with less cosmic villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    If it’s Marvel’s recent standard of cgi I think we’ll be able to tell!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Me too. The Kang character was never a part of either Secret Wars 1984 or 2015. Those were mainly Doom-centric. I prefer if Kang were left out of the movie completely anyway. I prefer when the MCU stays more faithful to the comics, like Captain America: The First Avenger. The only thing they left out was calling the Red Skull a Nazi. IIRC, they made him part of Hydra

Another option is they could always have multiple versions of Kang and have different actors play some of the variants and still keep Majors.
    I assume the fight against Kang in Kang Dynasty creates Battleworld and then the Beyonder (which might end up being a Kang Variant) takes over.

Doom probably depends a lot on how much setup they do with him prior to that.

Jonathan Majors Charged with Multiple Counts of Assault by New York District Attorney After Arrest
    Per The Associated Press, Majors is next scheduled to appear in court on May 8.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I'd say you should never automatically trust anything you see on the internet, and I said that long before deepfake technology became a thing.

Just check your sources. Check your source's sources. If it's coming from some random, sketchy website, like Fox News, it's probably not trustworthy.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

"Multiple Counts" - Uh oh.

Also feel like if the DA is going ahead and pressing charges then whatever surefire evidence his lawyers had wasn't enough to get them dropped. Or they're really playing it close to the vest.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Now let's what to see what Disney/Marvel's move will be. Do they make a "We're going to wait and see" announcement or terminate Majors' relationship and wish him luck. Since it looks like he may be embroiled in a court case, it could be the end of his contract with Marvel esp if they have some clauses in his contract that covers this kind of thing.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 03-27-2023 at 03:27 PM.

In more positive news Liv Tyler is returning as Betty Ross for Captain America: New World Order.

Is this basically a Hulk movie at this point? His villain, his love interest, his other nemesis...

Extraordinary Member

Now let's what to see what Disney/Marvel's move will be. Do they make a "We're going to wait and see" announcement or terminate Majors' relationship and wish him luck. Since it looks like he may be embroiled in a court case, it could be the end of his contract with Marvel esp if they have some clauses in his contract that covers this kind of thing.
    They should definitely wait and see. We all know that just because someone gets charged with something doesn't always mean they did it, and cutting someone loose prematurely can backfire, like (though this was a much smaller thing) Disney firing James Gunn over his old Tweets only to hire him back again after giving him the opportunity to build a relationship with Warners/DC.

Wait and see is the best bet, at least with the information the public has now.

Niffleheim

SECRET INVASION’ will premiere on June 21

https://comicbookmovie.com/tv/marvel...1324#gs.troxu6
    Last edited by Tofali; 03-27-2023 at 07:30 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Betty! About time. Last time they said her name was the first avengers. Wonder if she will get her powers?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Betty! About time. Last time they said her name was the first avengers. Wonder if she will get her powers?
    Well, the go-to move to make love interests more relevant is to give them costumes or powers (because who cares about civilians?), so maybe.

Although considering all the complaints about Marvel's CG and FX, even with She-Hulk, I'm not sure if basing a Captain America movie around a bunch of Hulks.

They’ll wait and see for a little bit. They don’t have to make a decision, yet.

His lawyer is claiming all sorts of things — that the woman is recanting, that there’s exculpatory video evidence, that there are witnesses to this incident with Majors committing no crime, that the defense is communicating all this to the prosecution, and that the prosecution will soon drop the charges.

If the defense is sitting on what it claims, it seems odd that the prosecution would continue, but it’s all early. We will all see what happens.

https://comicbookmovie.com/tv/marvel...e-date-a201324 I have no idea how that URL got this badly broken, but i fixed it.

At any rate, if it's like the Captain marvel movie.... ;/