Page 631 of 775 FirstFirst ... 131531581621627628629630631632633634635641681731 ... LastLast
Results 9,451 to 9,465 of 11619

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    In more positive news Liv Tyler is returning as Betty Ross for Captain America: New World Order.

Is this basically a Hulk movie at this point? His villain, his love interest, his other nemesis...
    I heard a rumor that Anthony Mackie will make a cameo in this movie too

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    It is fine if he does, Mackie already co-starred in a tv show about the same character so now he will get the same treatment as Evans got in Winter Soldier and Civil War.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Extraordinary Member

I need to bring this up.
    I remember when majors was cast as kang or even before the kang casting some were saying he should be playing original poc heroes like blue marvel etc..
    Anybody still feels that way now?
    Last edited by mace11; 03-27-2023 at 09:24 PM.

Extraordinary Member

The major's thing reminds me of someone who is famous and is/was on tv and now has a radio show.
    Anybody remember this case.
    Woman Accuses New York Police Commissioner’s Son of Rape
    The Manhattan district attorney’s office is investigating an accusation that Greg Kelly, a local television anchor who is a son of Police Commissioner Raymond W. Kelly, raped a young woman in Lower Manhattan last October, law enforcement officials and Greg Kelly’s lawyer said Wednesday.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/26/n...stigation.html

and

NYPD commissioner's son, Greg Kelly, will not be charged with rape: prosecutors
    (CBS/AP) NEW YORK - New York Police Commissioner Ray Kelly's son has been cleared of possible criminal charges after he was accused of raping a woman he met for a drink.
    Prosecutors said Tuesday they hadn't found cause to charge Greg Kelly. Kelly said in a statement following the news that he was looking forward to reappearing soon on local Fox affiliate WNYW-TV's "Good Day New York," but he didn't say when.
    The woman involved told police late last month that Kelly raped her in her office after they went out for drinks on Oct. 8. She told authorities she became pregnant from the encounter and had an abortion, a law enforcement official said.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nypd-co...e-prosecutors/
    Of course greg kelly was not found guilty and came back to tv later and now has a radio show.
    Last edited by mace11; 03-27-2023 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    It is fine if he does, Mackie already co-starred in a tv show about the same character so now he will get the same treatment as Evans got in Winter Soldier and Civil War.
    I mean, Winter Soldier was a pretty Captain America-centered story even in it's guest heroes.

Civil War, grant you, was basically an Avengers movie but Cap was still the lead and is a core component of a Civil War story.

This feels like it's 90% a Hulk movie masquerading as a Captain America film.

Extraordinary Member

I mean, Winter Soldier was a pretty Captain America-centered story even in it's guest heroes.

Civil War, grant you, was basically an Avengers movie but Cap was still the lead and is a core component of a Civil War story.

This feels like it's 90% a Hulk movie masquerading as a Captain America film.
    It will be the same for captain america 4.
    Sam will be the main lead but it will be even less of a problem if it's a long enough movie so sam could get the focus he needs and everyone else.

Niffleheim

Cap still needed a team to help him and an unstoppable antagonist(s) to fight. I guess instead of the Red Skull and super soldiers he is going to be fighting the Leader and Hulks. It looks like the same set up.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Extraordinary Member

The Real Reason Marvel Fired Victoria Alonso - And Why They Were Right To Do So

Niffleheim

Carl Lumbly back as Isaiah Bradley

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...ss-1235361579/

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    It will be the same for captain america 4.
    Sam will be the main lead but it will be even less of a problem if it's a long enough movie so sam could get the focus he needs and everyone else.
    It's just weird how little Captain America stuff seems to be in a Captain America movie. Or the fact that we have him dealing with stuff that, really, should be reserved for Bruce Banner.
    Cap still needed a team to help him and an unstoppable antagonist(s) to fight. I guess instead of the Red Skull and super soldiers he is going to be fighting the Leader and Hulks. It looks like the same set up.
    Well, a team of characters usually associated with him, and Winter Soldier was well within the means of somebody you would expect Captain America to fight in my opinion.

Niffleheim

It's just weird how little Captain America stuff seems to be in a Captain America movie. Or the fact that we have him dealing with stuff that, really, should be reserved for Bruce Banner.

Well, a team of characters usually associated with him, and Winter Soldier was well within the means of somebody you would expect Captain America to fight in my opinion.
    I think we're not going to agree on this because of the movie changing the genre of the franchise to suit Winter Soldier, Hydra and SHIELD while Cap and his team were just in the middle of this intrigue.

It makes a kind of sense though.

Hulk rights are still all mixed up with Universal right? We're not getting Hulk movies, so any Hulk-related content has to happen somewhere else. This is as good a place as any other.

Sam doesn't have any big rogues or stories as Cap to adapt that I'm aware of. He's got stories yeah, but nothing as big as a "Winter Soldier" or a "Kree/Skrull War" y'know?

It'd make more sense to use Cap stuff in a Cap movie of course, and borrow things from Steve. But Evans is done and Steve is gone, while Ruffalo is still playing Banner. So if Sam's gotta steal stuff from anyone, might as well be able to tie it into the Avenger who's still active.

And there's enough overlap in MCU Hulk and Cap stuff for this to fit. They're both tied to the military's super soldier program and Ross has become a major political player.

That said I'd rather Cap deal with Cap things of course, whether they're Steve things or Sam things or Bucky Cap things. But I'm not pissed they're using a lot of Hulk stuff; not my preference but it makes some sense to me.

And Liv Tyler coming back as Betty is something I've been wanting to see for a while.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Niffleheim

The connective tissue between a Captain America and Hulk story is the super soldier serum which Falcon and Winter Soldier dealt with in their show. This is just a continuation or an expansion of that story

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    You are kidding, right? I mean, he’s the star. Just making sure I am following. Thanks!

I think we're not going to agree on this because of the movie changing the genre of the franchise to suit Winter Soldier, Hydra and SHIELD while Cap and his team were just in the middle of this intrigue.
    I guess there was a genre-shift compared to First Avenger but it was still true to Captain America, particularly the Ed Brubaker era of Cap and Cap and his team uncovering and dealing with the plot was the main thrust of the movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    It makes a kind of sense though.

Hulk rights are still all mixed up with Universal right? We're not getting Hulk movies, so any Hulk-related content has to happen somewhere else. This is as good a place as any other.

Sam doesn't have any big rogues or stories as Cap to adapt that I'm aware of. He's got stories yeah, but nothing as big as a "Winter Soldier" or a "Kree/Skrull War" y'know?

It'd make more sense to use Cap stuff in a Cap movie of course, and borrow things from Steve. But Evans is done and Steve is gone, while Ruffalo is still playing Banner. So if Sam's gotta steal stuff from anyone, might as well be able to tie it into the Avenger who's still active.

And there's enough overlap in MCU Hulk and Cap stuff for this to fit. They're both tied to the military's super soldier program and Ross has become a major political player.

That said I'd rather Cap deal with Cap things of course, whether they're Steve things or Sam things or Bucky Cap things. But I'm not pissed they're using a lot of Hulk stuff; not my preference but it makes some sense to me.

And Liv Tyler coming back as Betty is something I've been wanting to see for a while.
    I guess you could probably spin something based off of the Nick Spencer run or one of Steve's stories rather than just have Sam deal with a bunch of stuff that is associated with a completely different character...which also doesn't feel fair to Bruce, unless he is in this movie. But this is the MCU so I don't really expect them to use Bruce all that well.