Page 638 of 775 FirstFirst ... 138538588628634635636637638639640641642648688738 ... LastLast
Results 9,556 to 9,570 of 11619
    Astonishing Member

This seems really comedy heavy. It could go either way really in terms of execution. The jokes will have to land honestly and after Thor Love and Thunder being way too comedic AND not as funny as it thought it was being...

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    This seems really comedy heavy. It could go either way really in terms of execution. The jokes will have to land honestly and after Thor Love and Thunder being way too comedic AND not as funny as it thought it was being...
    love and thunder was more caricature this hopefully is just plain ol' comedy
    Last edited by Tofali; 04-11-2023 at 07:28 AM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Marvel sure loves to throw the acronyms at us, I assume S.A.B.E.R. is the MCU name for the Peak?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Fun teaser. Good music. Looks better than I feared it would.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

This looks good. I was already excited for it but glad to see they haven't shied away from humor after Love & Thunder's reception. You can't use Ms. Marvel and not have it be funny.

I actually liked that teaser and am delighted that we'll be getting plenty of Monica in the movie.

No hint of the resentment Monica seemed to show in WandaVision at the mention of Captain Marvel. Maybe because this teaser trailer is all about good vibes between the three main characters, they're holding it back for the full trailer.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    G.I. Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    No hint of the resentment Monica seemed to show in WandaVision at the mention of Captain Marvel. Maybe because this teaser trailer is all about good vibes between the three main characters, they're holding it back for the full trailer.
    Really? I thought Monica and Carol both adamantly stating they're not a team and Monica clearly having no idea where Carol was when she says "Wherever you were" alluded to it.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Really? I thought Monica and Carol both adamantly stating they're not a team and Monica clearly having no idea where Carol was when she says "Wherever you were" alluded to it.
    On second viewing, yeah, could be that. The "not a team" thing slipped by me as they were answering Kamala. Plus they were all grinning at one point.
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.

There was a hint of animosity from Monica towards Carol. From her perspective it's pretty justified even though Carol was off doing her thing in space.

Does anyone know who the female villain is that is shown fighting them at 1:40?
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    she looks like an accuser and I vaguely remember Hala the Accuser and another female member in the accuser corps
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I think they intentionally cut Monica’s initial reaction to seeing Carol because the probably want that to be an emotional beat that you see in theaters. We know Monica’s mother passed during the Blip, so it’ll be interesting to see if Carol got to spend time with her while Monica was snapped.

I think I’ll watch this one in theaters. I actually don’t mind the MCU humor when the movie isn’t also trying to tackle serious subject like terminal cancer and the moral failings of godhood.

Some thoughts.

Good to see Nick Fury again.

The Beastie Boys? That is not a good sign. Great group, but the last major franchise to use them was Star Trek during the Abrams period.

Looks...cheap.

It's like Marvel just reached into the bin labeled "Rejected Spider-Man lines" and used them for Kamala Khan.

They are still using the cat? Really?

Is that a dance number? Really?

Seems kind of comedy heavy.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Apparently a genderbent version of Kree usurper General Dar-Benn, who appeared in the Silver Surfer title from the early 90s.