Page 643 of 775 FirstFirst ... 143543593633639640641642643644645646647653693743 ... LastLast
Results 9,631 to 9,645 of 11619

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    It really has.

https://www.cbr.com/jonathan-majors-...anager-arrest/

Things are not looking good for Majors. It’s being reported he got let go by his PR agency, too.

I’ve got no idea if the guy is guilty or not, but professionally, these things are bad signs for him.

I have no idea how getting a good agent to keep his career on track works.

For PR, crisis communications is a specialty that costs a lot of dough. Not every PR firm or communications agency does that kind of work. Even among firms that do that kind of work, they won’t necessarily take a client that could harm a firm in some financial or political manner. Sometimes, a firm will only handle communications for a client in trouble if they actually believe in the person in some way. It’s not a good sign when your PR firm dumps you.

Yeah, not a good sign, but the question quickly becomes what it's a sign OF... and that is the real question I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah, not a good sign, but the question quickly becomes what it's a sign OF... and that is the real question I guess?
    It’s a sign of his career imploding.

Unless he mauled this woman — which has not been indicated, although she did require medical attention — he’s likely to walk in some manner, like no jail time or minimal jail time for a first offense, especially with a victim who apparently isn’t cooperating with the prosecution. He will almost certainly be required to go through counseling, and he won’t do a lot of time. Beyond that, who can say what will happen? I’m not saying he’s guilty or innocent. I’m not saying a light sentence or any sentence is the correct one. No one is going to argue against stronger sentences in domestic violence cases, least of all me. I’m just observing how these things often go down in the legal system.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

dang, it was over before it even began.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    It’s a sign of his career imploding.

Unless he mauled this woman — which has not been indicated, although she did require medical attention — he’s likely to walk in some manner, like no jail time or minimal jail time for a first offense, especially with a victim who apparently isn’t cooperating with the prosecution. He will almost certainly be required to go through counseling, and he won’t do a lot of time. Beyond that, who can say what will happen? I’m not saying he’s guilty or innocent. I’m not saying a light sentence or any sentence is the correct one. No one is going to argue against stronger sentences in domestic violence cases, least of all me. I’m just observing how these things often go down in the legal system.
    but on the balance... should you be able to destroy someone's career with a single unverified or false accusation?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    but on the balance... should you be able to destroy someone's career with a single unverified or false accusation?
    I think careers are destroyed all the time over accusations less serious than this. That’s just reality. The world is not a just place. That said, he could be guilty for all I know

You know, I can't stop comparing this situation with the Ezra Miller case and thinking about the differences and similitudes and why Majors has less defense. Leaving outside the possibility of racism (something we can't rule out and for what Majors could demand I guess), maybe they know a lot more about the case and saw it could be worse. We don't know, but still seems a little radical.
    There were video as proof, right?
    Still, it seems too much radical reaction.
    And even if Marvel can recast him, still this could affect the chronogram. Even with the excuse of the variants.
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 04-18-2023 at 07:57 AM.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I guess I just want to know what really happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    It's a shame that Marvel hasn't used Disney Plus to launch a new "ongoing" TV series yet. Something like Agents of Shield that could be its own project with its own stories while also taking advantage of/fleshing out some of the stuff that happened in other MCU shows or series.
    Daredevil might be close, but I think budget might be part of the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    You know, I can't stop comparing this situation with the Ezra Miller case and thinking about the differences and similitudes and why Majors has less defense. Leaving outside the possibility of racism (something we can't rule out and for what Majors could demand I guess), maybe they know a lot more about the case and saw it could be worse. We don't know, but still seems a little radical.
    And even if Marvel can recast him, still this could affect the chronogram. Even with the excuse of the variants.
    The Flash was filmed before Miller's arrest. Similarly S2 of Loki was filmed before Majors' arrest. Considering noone else has hired Miller since his troubles started, DC is also likely to drop him regardless if The Flash is successful or not. So Miller isn't really being let off the hook here, DC clearly just wishes to move on from this but there's a lot of money on the line so they have no choice but to see how it all plays out. FWIW, Deadline says Marvel has had zero conversations about dropping Majors, so in perspective so far Majors' future with Marvel seems brighter than Miller's future with DC.
    Last edited by Johnny; 04-18-2023 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Yeah, it's weird. In the Miller case there was PROOF.... and they still did nothing seemingly. that in and of itself was strange. So that case I'd call atypical, and thus not a good comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    My biggest criticism of the visuals in the trailer...could these villains look MORE bland? The blue skinned Kree look Blue-er than usual and the lead villain fades into ultra-drabness, not that Starforce looked that dynamic but...
    Could they have taken something from the print version of Dar Benn to adapt for Zawie Ashton's look?

I disagree I really like the new kree costumes, there are something more military imho and weird in comparaison to the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    This is a 200 million movie. Where are they spending the money? Other than SLJ none of the cast is expensive
    130 million, after tax break around 104 million:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/carolin...two-years-ago/

Quantumania has a more important "tax break", the budget was not the ones reported by the media (around 200 million) but closer to 160 million.
    Last edited by Bolo; 04-18-2023 at 09:08 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bolo View Post
    I disagree I really like the new kree costumes, there are something more military imho and weird in comparaison to the first one.

130 million, after tax break around 104 million:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/carolin...two-years-ago/

Quantumania has a more important "tax break", the budget was not the ones reported by the media (around 200 million) but closer to 160 million.
    Well as long as it's still reported officially as 200 million for ant-man 3 on movie websites like the numbers.com etc.. folks will still see ant-man 3 has a flop and not breaking even or making profit.

Extraordinary Member

Personally I think Majors' lawyer destroyed his career by releasing those texts from the alleged victim. Before that, more people were at least giving him the benefit of the doubt, but when his own side releases texts that sound exactly like the things abuse victims say ("it was my fault for trying to grab your phone"), I thought, if his own team is making him sound guilty, what is the prosecution going to do?

He really needs to fire his lawyers.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Personally I think Majors' lawyer destroyed his career by releasing those texts from the alleged victim. Before that, more people were at least giving him the benefit of the doubt, but when his own side releases texts that sound exactly like the things abuse victims say ("it was my fault for trying to grab your phone"), I thought, if his own team is making him sound guilty, what is the prosecution going to do?

He really needs to fire his lawyers.
    Exactly.

Those text messages read like an exchange between an abuser and the abused.

Now, I don't think anyone should rush to judgments and I don't think he should immediately lose gigs without people getting all the facts. IMO, life shouldn't work like that because it's just not fair.

That being said, those text messages should never have been released because all it's done is completely mess things up.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

I wonder if this changes the schedule and actor. They still have time to cancel the story and have Loki season 2 delayed or canceled. With the texts from his own lawyer and the court of public opinion making judgements, it's going to affect Majors's career and Disney has the money to make a variant from another universe come in.