Page 654 of 775 FirstFirst ... 154554604644650651652653654655656657658664704754 ... LastLast
Results 9,796 to 9,810 of 11621

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Exactly. It's Gunn's script, so I doubt his version of Phyla was written with sequels or spin-offs in mind. He's never given a damn about the MCU's larger plans, which is what made his films so great lol. I think making Phyla a child just contributes to the symbolic passing of the torch onto a new generation of guardians. And its emotional payoff for the subplot about rescuing the children, because you see that they're growing into individuals with free-will, rather than toys for the High Evolutionary to play God with.
    Maybe they could've used Nikki.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    She was only called Phyla, even in the credits. The lack of a surname MAY suggest they didn't want to tie her to Mar-Vell, although it's not impossible for someone to establish in the future that the High Evolutionary used Kree DNA to create her, which could still make her a Vell.
    Sounds like the origin is still pretty vague then, and could go either way.

Good enough for me then. And it wouldn't be the end of the world if MCU Phylla isn't a Vell, though I'd definitely prefer that. Still, it's not her last name that makes her interesting, it's just icing on the cake.

Man, I'd love to see this movie in theaters but I really doubt I'll find the time. Gonna have to wait for D+ I fear.

Ah well.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Sounds like the origin is still pretty vague then, and could go either way.

Good enough for me then. And it wouldn't be the end of the world if MCU Phylla isn't a Vell, though I'd definitely prefer that. Still, it's not her last name that makes her interesting, it's just icing on the cake.

Man, I'd love to see this movie in theaters but I really doubt I'll find the time. Gonna have to wait for D+ I fear.

Ah well.
    Maybe someone who's full of their own "cleverness" decided to make her origin as a Vell a surprise reveal....

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I would bet that in Gunn's mind, Nikki is still the Ravager elder played by Sharon Stone that was intended for the Yondu funeral cameos in GOTG vol2.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Comics-Nikki as a character should seriously get some cred. She's got super-human reflexes and agility, making her as hard to hit as Spider-Man when she's going all-out, *and* she's highly resistant to / absorbs some wavelengths of energy, making her almost impervious to the number one weapon of choice in the space/cosmic setting, energy blasters! Badoon can shoot at her all day, and on the off-chance one of them catches her by surprise and actually *hits* her, she shrugs it off! And, with super-agility and reflexes, her own return fire practically never misses! She's a death-machine in a space setting. (Although foes who generally don't use energy weapons, like the Brood, will not play to her strengths, but she's still got Spider-Man-like agility and reflexes, plus, yanno, blasters of her own...)

The flaming hair might be tougher in live-action (Ghost Rider effects 24/7 might be a bit much, with an actual actresses head juxtaposed with the shot), but replacing it with glowing fiber-optic-strand-like hair would be fine, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Comics-Nikki as a character should seriously get some cred. She's got super-human reflexes and agility, making her as hard to hit as Spider-Man when she's going all-out, *and* she's highly resistant to / absorbs some wavelengths of energy, making her almost impervious to the number one weapon of choice in the space/cosmic setting, energy blasters! Badoon can shoot at her all day, and on the off-chance one of them catches her by surprise and actually *hits* her, she shrugs it off! And, with super-agility and reflexes, her own return fire practically never misses! She's a death-machine in a space setting. (Although foes who generally don't use energy weapons, like the Brood, will not play to her strengths, but she's still got Spider-Man-like agility and reflexes, plus, yanno, blasters of her own...)

The flaming hair might be tougher in live-action (Ghost Rider effects 24/7 might be a bit much, with an actual actresses head juxtaposed with the shot), but replacing it with glowing fiber-optic-strand-like hair would be fine, I suppose.
    Might get a bit Captain Marvel Binary-y

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Maybe someone who's full of their own "cleverness" decided to make her origin as a Vell a surprise reveal....
    Any powers displayed by MCU Guardians Phylla?
    Could just be the use of the name because the word “Phyla” plays into the High Evolutionary’s species evolution trademark

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Wrestler Seth Rollins was seen on the set of Captain America and some are saying that hes playing a member of the Serpent Squad

Any chance they are confusing the SERPENT Squad/Society with SONS of the SERPENT
    ? Might be an easier adaptation into the Captain Falcon mythos?
    The green matches…

(update, although I just saw that Sam faced off against the SQUAD during his solo run as well)
    Last edited by Thirteen; 05-24-2023 at 07:31 AM. Reason: updated and amplified

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Could just be the use of the name because the word “Phyla” plays into the High Evolutionary’s species evolution trademark
    None. She was just introduced and is still just a kid.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Ultimate Member

Yeah, Phyla / phyle, Genis / genus. They just need a sibling named Clade.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Wrestler Seth Rollins was seen on the set of Captain America and some are saying that hes playing a member of the Serpent Squad

wait until they announce Becky Lynch as Siryn...

Any chance they are confusing the SERPENT Squad/Society with SONS of the SERPENT? Might be an easier adaptation into the Captain Falcon mythos?
    The green matches…
    Probably so or it could be a mix of both

(crossposting from the Fantastic Four thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Surely nobody seriously thought Mila Kunis (Meg Griffin from Family Guy) was going to be cast as The Thing? Yeah, not Invisible Woman, the Thing, because she happens to be Jewish.
    https://www.cbr.com/fantastic-four-mcu-mila-kunis/
    With the rumors of Mila Kunis non-Sue F4 casting, I wondered if they might make the Original 4 Thing member either Sharon Ventura or Darla Deering...
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I hope to God not. We’re finally at the point where we can get a GOOD FF movie, and it would only take **** like this to ruin it. Leave the characters gender and ethnicities alone and just make a great FF movie using the original formula. They can mess with some of the side characters a bit, but make the four (and Doom) authentic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    The actress said she is not playing the thing. I could see one of them in the film non powered as bens friend however.
    More than not playing the Thing, Mila Kunis said she's NOT in the movie...but KNOWS who is....

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

In the first post-credit scene, you can see her fists briefly starting to glow, so I'm assuming she's gonna have the classic energy manipulation type of powers. I personally thought it was quite similar to Captain Marvel's MCU powers, which makes sense if they're keeping her origins comics accurate to some extent.

Although something not a lot of people are bringing up is that Gunn teased that Quasar was going to be in this movie years ago while it was still in development, so it's possible they are giving her Quasar-like powers (which is not very different from MCU Ms. Marvel's powers, actually).

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    In the first post-credit scene, you can see her fists briefly starting to glow, so I'm assuming she's gonna have the classic energy manipulation type of powers. I personally thought it was quite similar to Captain Marvel's MCU powers, which makes sense if they're keeping her origins comics accurate to some extent.

Although something not a lot of people are bringing up is that Gunn teased that Quasar was going to be in this movie years ago while it was still in development, so it's possible they are giving her Quasar-like powers (which is not very different from MCU Ms. Marvel's powers, actually).
    Well, Phyla WAS a QUASAR at one point (Wendell can't get no respect!)

Looks like she has the glow-y eye as well!
    Last edited by Thirteen; 05-25-2023 at 01:39 AM.