Page 656 of 775 FirstFirst ... 156556606646652653654655656657658659660666706756 ... LastLast
Results 9,826 to 9,840 of 11621

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    It would piss me off that they did it again, but I guess it's less worse than the possibility of one of them being introduced as an adult while the other is still a child.

It just upsets me that Gunn never really bothered to develop Drax's family backstory more. It seems like he really wanted his daughter to stay dead in that universe, and with Dave Bautista likely not returning, her comics origin is pretty much off the table if they ever decide to use her.
    I wonder if it was something from above. Because he mentioned on Twitter a few years back about fighting to get Moondragon and Phyla-vell in and losing that fight so far.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I wonder if it was something from above. Because he mentioned on Twitter a few years back about fighting to get Moondragon and Phyla-vell in and losing that fight so far.
    It did seem like he really teed it up and had it ready to go. Thanos was the holder of the Mind Stone. The Mind Stone could be used to empower people (as even Strucker's tinkering did with Wanda and Pietro). Thanos abducted young girls from the worlds he depopulated. Drax's daughter (Kymera?) would therefore be perfectly suited to show up as one of the 'all of our father's daughters' that Nebula mentioned when telling Gamora that she 'hated her least,' complete with psychic powers from Thanos' Mind Stone dabbling (since he also liked to experiment on / enhance his kidnapped 'daughters').

But, pfft. All the pieces were in place. But movie two was Quill's daddy issues, and now movie three develops Rocket's backstory, so Drax (and Groot) take a back seat.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    He also said on Twitter once that Disney never interfered with his Guardians work, so who knows? We might never find out what happened there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    It did seem like he really teed it up and had it ready to go. Thanos was the holder of the Mind Stone. The Mind Stone could be used to empower people (as even Strucker's tinkering did with Wanda and Pietro). Thanos abducted young girls from the worlds he depopulated. Drax's daughter (Kymera?) would therefore be perfectly suited to show up as one of the 'all of our father's daughters' that Nebula mentioned when telling Gamora that she 'hated her least,' complete with psychic powers from Thanos' Mind Stone dabbling (since he also liked to experiment on / enhance his kidnapped 'daughters').

But, pfft. All the pieces were in place. But movie two was Quill's daddy issues, and now movie three develops Rocket's backstory, so Drax (and Groot) take a back seat.
    Not having Moondragon as one of Thanos' adopted children was SUCH a missed opportunity. I remember thinking about the Black Order and how Supergiant was left out for no reason... at the time my favorite theory was that they were perhaps saving the psychic spot of the group for Moondragon. I mean... I guess they COULD still do that at some point, but now that Drax's story wrapped and the Thanos hype has faded, I don't really see how that would come up. Maybe with Starfox? Then again, the future of the Eternals franchise also seems uncertain.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 05-31-2023 at 08:32 PM.

Now that I think about it, MCU Nebula's personality isn't that far off from comic Moondragon. And they're both bald .

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I don't speak Spanish, and I'm not sure if whoever tweeted that actually does either. Like I'm not sure if María Elena Ríos is speaking personally or speaking up for someone else, since she's an activist because she had a relationship that ended with her having acid thrown on face.

Here's her original tweet:

https://twitter.com/_ElenaRios/statu...508810753?s=20

I'm sure there's more to this, given her claims of harassment and Huerta's claims of harassment and the doxing of him and his kids, a payment dispute, and the anti-racist organization she and Huerta have stepped away from. Regardless, I'm saddened to hear of this.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

This really sucks, especially for the victim. And like a one-two punch after what happened with Majors.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I don't speak Spanish, and I'm not sure if whoever tweeted that actually does either. Like I'm not sure if María Elena Ríos is speaking personally or speaking up for someone else, since she's an activist because she had a relationship that ended with her having acid thrown on face.

Here's her original tweet:

https://twitter.com/_ElenaRios/statu...508810753?s=20

I'm sure there's more to this, given her claims of harassment and Huerta's claims of harassment and the doxing of him and his kids, a payment dispute, and the anti-racist organization she and Huerta have stepped away from. Regardless, I'm saddened to hear of this.
    and this is the article she's talking about: https://www.reporteindigo.com/piensa...mo-depredador/

sounds like part of the issue is Tenoch being part of some activist group that Maria is no longer willing to work with.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Damn, Marvel is going through it, huh? They got lucky to last as long as they did without major controversies with their stars, but I guess the bigger you get and the more actors become involved with your brand, the more likely you are to be put in situations like these.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Damn, Marvel is going through it, huh? They got lucky to last as long as they did without major controversies with their stars, but I guess the bigger you get and the more actors become involved with your brand, the more likely you are to be put in situations like these.
    No those folks have always been around.

It's how they choose to behave and who they are around that tends to be the issue.

Some bring that stuff with them and you never hear about it.

Now that I think about it, MCU Nebula's personality isn't that far off from comic Moondragon. And they're both bald .
    Miss the classic blue hair nebula. Never was a fan of "cyborg nebula". Was so let down when marvel used that version for the film.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Marvel Delays Avengers 5 & 6, Fantastic Four, Blade and More

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-delays-av...ur-blade-more/
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post

Not that surprising. Many people already expected something like that.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post

They needed a long break. It's a shame the delays aren't for the Disney Plus shows. They're worse than the movies.

Also goes to show how Disney cares for it's workers and unions that make the media happen. Without them, there is no movie/show.

Extraordinary Member

The shows/specials etc.. on average were strongest part of phase 4 and most folks and critics think so too looking at the RT scores and most of the movies did really well at box office/disney plus.
    No break required.