Page 676 of 775 FirstFirst ... 176576626666672673674675676677678679680686726 ... LastLast
Results 10,126 to 10,140 of 11623

They were able to sell people on Shang-Chi but not the Eternals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Does he drop Kang for Doom?
    Probably depends on Majors (not looking good right now) and how much set up they need to do for Doom.

Ultimate Member

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...ey-1235614518/

It didn’t take long to see the problem after Marvel Studios’ Daredevil: Born Again paused production in mid-June during the writers strike. Fewer than half of the series’ 18 episodes had been shot, but it was enough for Marvel executives, including chief Kevin Feige, to review the footage and come away with a clear-eyed assessment: The show wasn’t working.

So, in late September, Marvel quietly let go of head writers Chris Ord and Matt Corman and also released the directors for the remainder of the season as part of a significant creative reboot of the series, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. The studio is now on the hunt for new writers and directors for the project, which stars Charlie Cox as Matt Murdock, a blind lawyer turned superhero.
    With Daredevil’s new direction, Marvel hopes to right the ship on a project with sky-high expectations. The show is Marvel’s first to feature a hero who already had a successful series on Netflix, running three seasons. But sources say that Corman and Ord crafted a legal procedural that did not resemble the Netflix version, known for its action and violence. Cox didn’t even show up in costume until the fourth episode. Marvel, after greenlighting the concept, found itself needing to rethink the original intention of the show.
    I'm not surprised.

It's good that Marvel is starting to understand the value of real showrunners.

Even as a "lay person", I'd long said it that Marvel's tv shows (and even some of the Star Wars shows) aren't properly formatted for TV.

I read the rumored leak about Karen and Foggy's fates on twitter. ...Thank god this show is getting rewritten...

Extraordinary Member

I read the rumored leak about Karen and Foggy's fates on twitter. ...Thank god this show is getting rewritten...
    I just googled it. That wasn't...a great move.

Even a little.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member

While I take the leak with a grain of salt, Feige has greenlit enough murder and mayhem in the MCU in the last few years. It's like the end of Infinity War convinced him that what everyone wants to see is edgy stuff like Wanda going on a murder spree and Maria Hill getting fridged.

As for going back to traditional TV production methods, I don't know if it will make things better but it sure will make things less wasteful. You should not be halfway finished shooting a show before you realize it isn't working and fire everybody. That's what pilots are for.

Feige's new way of working seemed to work for most of WandaVision, where Matt Shakman had more power over the production than the average TV director and parlayed that into the gig as Fantastic Four director. But that show has turned out to be a special case in a lot of ways.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    While I take the leak with a grain of salt, Feige has greenlit enough murder and mayhem in the MCU in the last few years. It's like the end of Infinity War convinced him that what everyone wants to see is edgy stuff like Wanda going on a murder spree and Maria Hill getting fridged.

As for going back to traditional TV production methods, I don't know if it will make things better but it sure will make things less wasteful. You should not be halfway finished shooting a show before you realize it isn't working and fire everybody. That's what pilots are for.

Feige's new way of working seemed to work for most of WandaVision, where Matt Shakman had more power over the production than the average TV director and parlayed that into the gig as Fantastic Four director. But that show has turned out to be a special case in a lot of ways.
    It was before that. He originally wanted to kill off all the original Avengers in Endgame.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    It was before that. He originally wanted to kill off all the original Avengers in Endgame.
    Wow. We may be living through the biggest and most expensive midlife crisis ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    Honestly? that could have been a good "well now what?!?!?" moment. Avengers vs Thanos and his army.... Avengers.... devastate Thanos, looks like they might win... but... no. BOOM! Avengers ded! Now who will finish what they started?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Honestly? that could have been a good "well now what?!?!?" moment. Avengers vs Thanos and his army.... Avengers.... devastate Thanos, looks like they might win... but... no. BOOM! Avengers ded! Now who will finish what they started?
    I think the idea would have been that instead of just Iron Man and Black Widow sacrificing themselves in Endgame, it was all of them. The Avengers made their own gauntlet, brought everyone back and defeated Thanos (x2) but now the original Avengers are all gone and the world must go on without them.

In a way that still shapes what a depressing place the post-Endgame MCU is. Even though Hulk is sort of still around and Thor is still getting movies and Steve has not actually been confirmed dead, the tone would be the same if they were dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

I'm not surprised.

Even as a "lay person", I'd long said it that Marvel's tv shows (and even some of the Star Wars shows) aren't properly formatted for TV.
    Not them being surprised that the show they put together with none of creative of the Netflix show and only 2 of the actors doesn’t resemble the previous version. Considering Disney+ felt comfortable putting out a season of Asohka that was a continuation of an animated series, and Marvel is comfortable putting out a Deadpool movie with all his supporting cast, idk why they took this *almost* hard reboot route w/ Daredevil. The previous 3 seasons are in Disney+, this new show should feel like a continuation.

Keith giffen creator of rocket raccoon and lobo has passed away. Rip.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/keit...-died-aged-70/

Niffleheim

I didn't mind their fates, both drove me up the wall.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

I'm hoping the reboot saves Foggy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

I'm not surprised.

This explains so much about why the Disney+ shows have turned out the way they did.

I wonder if this will effect Wonder Man first.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post

RIP. Death at 70 is somewhat young nowadays.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post

This one hurts.

Giffen's early DC work was amazing. People refer to his JL work as "overly comedic" which it was but it was also a clinic in character work.

May he RIP, 70 isn't really that old.