Page 725 of 776 FirstFirst ... 225625675715721722723724725726727728729735775 ... LastLast
Results 10,861 to 10,875 of 11640
    Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    An Eternals sequel would be suicide right now for Feige and the MCU. Ha. No chance that’s real.
    I can see Eternals 2 happening under a new director
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Extraordinary Member

An Eternals sequel would be suicide right now for Feige and the MCU. Ha. No chance that’s real.
    If there is a eternals sequel it will be for phase 6 or after.
    It could be a limited series as well.
    Last edited by mace11; 11-25-2023 at 05:05 PM.

Yeah, if they get around to Eternals 2 it will be way down the line. Once they’ve hopefully won their core fan base back, so they can afford to take the risk. Right now they can’t.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member

With so many tuning out the MCU, I just can't imagine an Eternals sequel. I didn't mind the movie but not enough people want a sequel. It would be a financial disaster to green lit another movie.

I saw a fan casting that replaced Kang with an older “Kang Prime” variant played by Denzel Washington. I’ve enjoyed Majors’ take on the character, but if they have to move past him because his day in court does not go well for him, this is the way to go IMO. Talk about giving the character some gravitas.
    That's a great thought.

But I'd prefer to see Denzel as... Adam B, the Blue Marvel
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Extraordinary Member

By the way blue marvel looks like a man in his early 40's,so they would need a actor to start in the late 20's to early 40's maybe mid 40's and to stick around in the mcu for at leasts 10 years or more.
    When blue marvel comes to the mcu it will most likely be in phase 6 or after.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    The only way I see an Eternals movie (which was beautifully shot, but kind of fell apart with the whole use of the CGI two-dimensional-monster Deviants, making it a pretty, but bad, movie, IMO, great direction/filming, good acting, bad writing) is if it explicitly ties into the mutant debut in a big way, like the petrification of the Celestial unlocked the wave of creative power that led to human mutation appearing/manifesting all over the world (with a select few rare mutants existing *before* the Celestial died, but those few dozen-ish being joined by an exponential leap in 'new mutants' after the Celestial died).

Tying the Celestials to the existence of mutants, as they are in the comics, seems the only way to make them even remotely seem relevant to the MCU. (And, since it sure doesn't help the Eternals a bit in the comics, it would be more relevant to the MCU-specific fans who aren't necessarily comic-book fans, not the comics fans who also watch Marvel movies!)
    Being so associated with the Eternals could actually hurt the X-men, so I doubt they will do it now.
    They should have hinted at mutants in the first movie if that’s where they were going, now it’s too late.

Quote Originally Posted by comicstar100 View Post
    A question for everyone, How do you currently feel about the MCU overall?

I know a lot of news outlets are doom and gloom. I'd say personally I could do without most the Disney Plus shows, that I'm ready to move away from the Avengers and into Fantastic Four and X-Men.
    Honestly I was only still with it because of all the Young Avengers bait they were dangling in my face. It's the only thing I've cared about. The other was the Thunderbolts but the bland roster has soured my excitement tremendously. So I have very little to look forward to. I do hope we finally get a good Fantastic Four movie. They so deserve one.

I think the Multiverse could have been a interesting idea for a movie or two, but a entire saga built around it? It's just used for nostalgic cameos of characters from other universes and the writing gets lazy for it. I do not like the Fox X-Men movies outside "First Class" and just wished they would have rebooted the Mutants from scratch. I want to get excited for a New Avengers team, but what's the point if they assemble just to lose and have to be saved by "Multiverse" Avengers from a failed universe? That's a sure way to kill the Avengers brand if the new ones can't beat their first villain and have to be saved by nostalgia. So far only Into the Spider-Verse has done a Multiverse story that I enjoy and fine deeply engaging.

So yeah I'm not high on the MCU right now. If Young Avengers wasn't teased I wouldn't follow it closely. I don't even know if a MCU YA will be good anymore given what's been happening lately. And it's not even doing it's job of synergy by giving me a volume 3 in comics. I'm so frustrated.

Ultimate Member

I know a lot of news outlets are doom and gloom. I'd say personally I could do without most the Disney Plus shows, that I'm ready to move away from the Avengers and into Fantastic Four and X-Men.
    Nothing has change.

I am not required to watch everything.

I am tired of this toxic behavior that isn't really about the actual story content but a segment of folks that think excluding POC and LGBTQA+ on the screen and off the scene is the solution.

Folks screamed for all this and now are MAD that they got it?

Not mainly mad about story scripts and effects but mad that Marvel opened the door to those the good old boys kept out?

We still got 33 movies despite it all. This is not DC Comics.

And yes a lot of those movies featured folks who don't sell comics. Which is a bonus. A lot of their trades got into hands of a lot of folks.

The best Marvel can do is learn from this and do ever better. And channel out the dubebros attacking the Marvels because of the women on and off camera.

The Marvel underperforming is NOT a greenlight to bury those characters nor deny other females of their shots.

What is a bigger embarrassment The Marvels or Flash or Justice League?

Black Panther and Cap Marvel both made a billion & movies with Batman and Superman don't. Show me in what reality was that suppose to happen?

SO there are victories to take from MCU along with defeats. I say the victories outnumber the defeats.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Honestly I was only still with it because of all the Young Avengers bait they were dangling in my face. It's the only thing I've cared about. The other was the Thunderbolts but the bland roster has soured my excitement tremendously. So I have very little to look forward to. I do hope we finally get a good Fantastic Four movie. They so deserve one.

I think the Multiverse could have been a interesting idea for a movie or two, but a entire saga built around it? It's just used for nostalgic cameos of characters from other universes and the writing gets lazy for it. I do not like the Fox X-Men movies outside "First Class" and just wished they would have rebooted the Mutants from scratch. I want to get excited for a New Avengers team, but what's the point if they assemble just to lose and have to be saved by "Multiverse" Avengers from a failed universe? That's a sure way to kill the Avengers brand if the new ones can't beat their first villain and have to be saved by nostalgia. So far only Into the Spider-Verse has done a Multiverse story that I enjoy and fine deeply engaging.

So yeah I'm not high on the MCU right now. If Young Avengers wasn't teased I wouldn't follow it closely. I don't even know if a MCU YA will be good anymore given what's been happening lately. And it's not even doing it's job of synergy by giving me a volume 3 in comics. I'm so frustrated.
    If it helps they probably won't be an official Avengers team but just a collection of heroes like IW .

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    It's just used for nostalgic cameos of characters from other universes
    Loki and What If didn't rely on nostalgia at all though. And the characters that were brought back are used for lead and supporting roles, not cameos.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

It's a mess and has lost its way. It turned from proving themselves to just being a cash cow and losing sight of what made them successful.

Multiverse storyline has gone on way to long and needs to be wrapped up.

I'm so bored of the multiverse stuff already. A lot of it just teases and references and nothing interesting. spoilers:
    If they don't handle the multiverse F4 and X-Men well then it's all over. The Kang stuff I'm already over.
    end of spoilers
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I think three films a year was the right cadence of releases. A movie would come out and you would think about it for a few months until the next film came out. It's pretty easy to watch three films a year without falling behind, so it was easy to stay current with the various storylines. Post-Endgame, the volume of content increased exponentially, and a lot of it I just didn't care about. Retiring fan favorites didn't help, but I wouldn't say I'd still enjoy things as much if they kept going; I think you can only stay interesting and relevant for so long, and Endgame was just a natural conclusion to a huge chunk of the MCU.

But honestly, I think some of the "bad" content wasn't that bad, and some of the stuff in the mid-2010s might've been a tad overrated, or at the very least they were new enough that they were easy to accept. I look at movies like Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3, Thor 2, and Doctor Strange as pretty weak compared to many of the other MCU movies from 2008-2019, but we didn't complain the way we did about stuff like Black Widow.

I no longer go out of my way to watch MCU movies, but if a title looks interesting then I'll watch it.

Extraordinary Member

It looks like some folks and some youtubers still do not get it.
    Things have pushed back because of covid, the strikes etc..
    Don't forget there is still a war going on in eastern europe and china playing games with the box office for awhile and because of covid alot of folks in china are not going to see hollywood movies like they did before covid before making these films earn less worldwide.

Are folks forgetting that the marvels was not even suppose to come out this year.
    It was suppose to come out like last year or two years ago i think.
    That's why it is taking longer for the multiverse saga to end.

It would have been almost over with if it was not for covid and the strikes and certain thing had to be changed but overall they are still sticking to thier plans.
    The mcu is not the dceu for example.
    The only multiverse projects coming up so far that we know of is deadpool 3 and two avengers films.
    The mcu x-men/mutant film would have been almost here already.

The FF4 may take place in another universe and maybe the mcu x-men but who knows.
    For those tired of multiverse i bet deadpool 3 and mcu x-men and mcu FF4 will not make those tired for those upcoming films if they are hardcore fans of those superheroes and teams.

I Remember some folks talking about they would rather have the mcu x-men in another mcu universe anyway.
    So which it?
    Can't have it both ways.
    Just saying.

Oh and most mcu projects after endgame or after phase 3 were not multiverse films and shows anyway.
    Last edited by mace11; 11-26-2023 at 07:31 PM.