Page 732 of 775 FirstFirst ... 232632682722728729730731732733734735736742 ... LastLast
Results 10,966 to 10,980 of 11619

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I hope they just recast. It would feel very unsatisfying to end Kang's journey with Quantumania and Loki. I guess Loki did a good job in terms of establishing that Loki replaced He Who Remains as the ''God Of Time'', but Quantumania obviously left more to be explored. I mean, they literally announced a whole Avengers movie to wrap up the Kang saga. I'm fine if they scrap any plans they had beyond that (like maybe Kang having a role in Secret Wars), but I think at least The Kang Dynasty needs to have a proper conclusion with, you know, Kang himself. Recasting a character that has multiple variants should be the least controversial thing a studio can do.
    Narratively I get it but considering the overall response to Kang and their handling of him so far, I can see why they might feel they should ditch it even if they could recast the role.

It's not like anyone was hyped for the Council of Kang's.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    That was quick. Bet everyone now is going to blame him all of the Marvel/MCU problems.
    I think it was plan all along they were just waiting for the verdict
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

One more look back at one of the more comics-accurate costume translations in the MCU for QUANTUMANIA

I was worried after the (literal) soft adaptation as "He Who Remains" in LOKI
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

I just heard the news on the radio while driving home from work. My thoughts? Overall I'm tired of the Multiverse. I'm sure I've voiced that before. The sooner we get away from it the better. I've made it known that Kang was not the reason I went to see Quantumania though I did enjoy Major's performance in it. If they drop the Kang character than what a waste of a iconic Marvel villain, but at the same time I kind of always thought Kang was going to be a hard sell with the multiverse angle for some casuals. I think if they focused more on the time travel aspect it might have been slightly easier, but even that is convoluted. One of the biggest mistakes Marvel made was constantly marketing him as the new Thanos before the movie was out. It's too soon for another Thanos I keep saying. So it'll be interesting to see what they do with Kang's Canceled Dynasty. Do they recast Kang or use Dr. Doom or another villain? Both could be a disaster.

I think I'm more worried about if this will effect Kang in the comics. Like I hope they don't "Inhuman Drop" the character as I still think he solid in comics. That's the downside of synergy. Also let it be known that Scott Lang has now beaten both Dr. Doom and Kang. Who's the strongest Avenger now?

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    I just heard the news on the radio while driving home from work. My thoughts? Overall I'm tired of the Multiverse. I'm sure I've voiced that before. The sooner we get away from it the better. I've made it known that Kang was not the reason I went to see Quantumania though I did enjoy Major's performance in it. If they drop the Kang character than what a waste of a iconic Marvel villain, but at the same time I kind of always thought Kang was going to be a hard sell with the multiverse angle for some casuals. I think if they focused more on the time travel aspect it might have been slightly easier, but even that is convoluted. One of the biggest mistakes Marvel made was constantly marketing him as the new Thanos before the movie was out. It's too soon for another Thanos I keep saying. So it'll be interesting to see what they do with Kang's Canceled Dynasty. Do they recast Kang or use Dr. Doom or another villain? Both could be a disaster.

I think I'm more worried about if this will effect Kang in the comics. Like I hope they don't "Inhuman Drop" the character as I still think he solid in comics. That's the downside of synergy. Also let it be known that Scott Lang has now beaten both Dr. Doom and Kang. Who's the strongest Avenger now?
    Kang hasn't done much lately in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Isn't he in the current Avengers run right now? I know he's been in the background mostly but he's still around.

Honestly I think Loki acted as an okay conclusion to the character. We got to see his humble origins and how menacing he can be in the future. The season did end w/ the TVA monitoring/ hunting Kang’s and the situation being under control.

I just don’t see the point of recasting a character for a storyline that was already losing a lot of steam. At the end of the day Marvel has been building investing in Majors’ Kang, and a new interpretation of the character just seems to risky for both the actor who takes that on (their performance won’t be able to stand on it’s own) and for the overall success of the storyline.

I agree with having Galactus be the cause of the Incursions, with him eating universes instead of planets. Then maybe have the Watcher come in to salvage some universes to create Hickman’s version of Battleworld. I will say, I am scratching my head thinking about the Doom of it all. Because, YES it does seem to last minute to introduce Doom as a major villain… but also were they really planning on adapting Secret Wars without him? That seems a bit misguided.

Time to drop kang. Man got beaten my ants he’s no threat.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I'm going to agree with who said Evil Iron Man or, if they can't get him, Evil Strange, or Hydra Cap, or Evil Anybody Else They Can Get.

While I think the decision to make Wanda the villain of Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness caused the downward spiral of the MCU, they probably still think people enjoyed seeing familiar heroes chew the scenery as villains. They've already had brief glimpses of three evil versions of Strange (two in MoM, one in What If). It solves the problem of how to make the audience care about a villain and plays into the only thing anyone likes about the Multiverse, the ability to see alternate versions of familiar characters or guest stars from other Marvel movies.

There have already been two movies with Doctor Doom, and I don't think bringing a new Doom in would solve anything. To most moviegoers, a "big" comic book villain is no bigger than a minor one. Doom is not the answer to their woes any more than the X-Men are (unless it's a huge star like Jackman/Wolverine).
    I said it before and I'll say it again: Lore (an evil Wanda variant) should have been the villain for Multiverse of Madness instead of the main Wanda.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Honestly I think Loki acted as an okay conclusion to the character. We got to see his humble origins and how menacing he can be in the future. The season did end w/ the TVA monitoring/ hunting Kang’s and the situation being under control.

I just don’t see the point of recasting a character for a storyline that was already losing a lot of steam. At the end of the day Marvel has been building investing in Majors’ Kang, and a new interpretation of the character just seems to risky for both the actor who takes that on (their performance won’t be able to stand on it’s own) and for the overall success of the storyline.

I agree with having Galactus be the cause of the Incursions, with him eating universes instead of planets. Then maybe have the Watcher come in to salvage some universes to create Hickman’s version of Battleworld. I will say, I am scratching my head thinking about the Doom of it all. Because, YES it does seem to last minute to introduce Doom as a major villain… but also were they really planning on adapting Secret Wars without him? That seems a bit misguided.
    I assumed Doom would be introduced in Fantastic Four, and that film would be due before Secret Wars? The FF of course will be a rebooted version for Earth-199999, while the X-Men would only properly join the MCU after Secret Wars, which would combine elements of the X universe and MCU with a mix of recast characters and existing ones (I reckon they won't recast Deadpool for example). That's why FF was already announced and X-Men wasn't.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

A New York jury found Marvel actor Jonathan Majors guilty of reckless assault in the third degree and guilty of harassment.
    On two other charges, he was found not guilty of intentional assault in the third degree and not guilty of aggravated harassment in second degree.

There is a difference...just to be clear.

My personal take is...whichever way the sentencing goes...His career will get back on track and he's much better off not working for Marvel.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Isn't he in the current Avengers run right now? I know he's been in the background mostly but he's still around.
    Yes. He's an important player in the current overarching Avengers plot. Which has nothing to do with the story they intended for the MCU.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    And now is going to do even less.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Yes. He's an important player in the current overarching Avengers plot. Which has nothing to do with the story they intended for the MCU.
    I wonder if the role of Kang will change as aftermath of the Majors trial.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member

The current portrayal of Kang isn't affected by the MCU at all, so all this means is that there will never be a story where he is rebooted to be more like the MCU version.

At the moment it's just an Avengers story that happens to have Kang in it, as many Avengers stories do, since he's one of the few big villains they call their own.