Page 96 of 775 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196596 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 11619
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    BREAKING: BLACK PANTHER: Kingdom of Wakanda Spinoff Series Coming to Disney+
    https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/...-ryan-coogler/

Black Panther: Ryan Coogler's New Disney Deal Includes Other "Select MCU Shows"
    https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/...t-disney-plus/

Wakanda Forever: Marvel Fans Celebrate Black Panther Spin-Off Series on Disney+
    https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/...ios-reactions/
    One thing I thought is that it'd be really interesting to see a disney plus series for Necropolis but that might be harder to do now with Boseman/Ta'Challa's passing.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Yeah that Wakanda series sounds awesome. As far was BW goes, I'm doing a slow drip rewatch of Star Wars movies and shows, then doing a slow drip rewatch of all MCU movies and shows. That'll put me I think into the summer. Hopefully things will be more sorted out by then. I wonder though, since because by now we were to get Black Widow, then Falcon/Winter Soldier and Eternals before the schedule shift, I wonder if that's the order that the early Phase 4 should be watched? BW-FAWS-Eternals-WandaVision so on and so forth?
    No, plans change. They probably removed the BW and FaWS connection in post production and changed it to BW and Hawkeye

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    BREAKING: BLACK PANTHER: Kingdom of Wakanda Spinoff Series Coming to Disney+
    https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/...-ryan-coogler/
    That makes me think that Feige talking about how BP2 was going to be all about ''the world of Wakanda'' was probably BS to cover up the fact that the movie will probably show us a new Black Panther, while this show is likely focused on what he said the movie would be. I really don't see the need for you to have two productions dealing with the same subject, so this show will have to set itself apart from BP2 somehow. Unless this is a prequel, showing us the ancient Black Panthers and an older Wakanda. That could work too.

My personal choice used to be a Shuri show, but since I suspect she's already going to have a bigger role in the movies going forward, that might not be necessary anymore. So now my personal choice would be a Dora Milaje show, led by Okoye, but also showing us more of the individuality and personality of the other warriors so they would feel more authentic and not just a bunch of women who look like each other and fight. Ayo and Aneka should be there too, 'cause they owe us for cutting that Ayo scene from the movie.

Black Panther: Ryan Coogler's New Disney Deal Includes Other "Select MCU Shows"
    https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/...t-disney-plus/
    That's interesting, and not shocking. I mean, when you give Disney a critically acclaimed, billion-dollar franchise, they're obviously gonna keep an eye on you for future projects. I would like to see Coogler's vision for something outside of Wakanda. I remember he wanted to introduce Eli Bradley on the BP movie initially, so maybe he could be involved with Young Avengers, or whatever else might spin out of The Falcon And The Winter Soldier? That would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Article based on a casting call that was posted. https://screenrant.com/doctor-strang...r-clea-rumors/

I'm just a little confused as to why the Illuminerdi is reporting this as a recent thing. Didn't we see this same casting call a while back already, and it was already speculated that it was for Clea? Why would they be casting for a leading lady NOW when the movie has already started shooting? I would imagine if Clea is there in a major role, she would've been cast by now, wouldn't she?

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    That makes me think that Feige talking about how BP2 was going to be all about ''the world of Wakanda'' was probably BS to cover up the fact that the movie will probably show us a new Black Panther, while this show is likely focused on what he said the movie would be. I really don't see the need for you to have two productions dealing with the same subject, so this show will have to set itself apart from BP2 somehow. Unless this is a prequel, showing us the ancient Black Panthers and an older Wakanda. That could work too.

My personal choice used to be a Shuri show, but since I suspect she's already going to have a bigger role in the movies going forward, that might not be necessary anymore. So now my personal choice would be a Dora Milaje show, led by Okoye, but also showing us more of the individuality and personality of the other warriors so they would feel more authentic and not just a bunch of women who look like each other and fight. Ayo and Aneka should be there too, 'cause they owe us for cutting that Ayo scene from the movie.

That's interesting, and not shocking. I mean, when you give Disney a critically acclaimed, billion-dollar franchise, they're obviously gonna keep an eye on you for future projects. I would like to see Coogler's vision for something outside of Wakanda. I remember he wanted to introduce Eli Bradley on the BP movie initially, so maybe he could be involved with Young Avengers, or whatever else might spin out of The Falcon And The Winter Soldier? That would be cool.

I'm just a little confused as to why the Illuminerdi is reporting this as a recent thing. Didn't we see this same casting call a while back already, and it was already speculated that it was for Clea? Why would they be casting for a leading lady NOW when the movie has already started shooting? I would imagine if Clea is there in a major role, she would've been cast by now, wouldn't she?
    I have no idea. I did see the casting call before, but maybe it was reposted. Lots of roles get cast after a production starts shooting though. Because everything is shot out of sequence.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

War Machine will appear in The Falcon and the Winter Soldier:
    https://brobible.com/culture/article...s-don-cheadle/

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Kinda nuts that Marvel dropped the bomb of "oh btw we can do comic events as stand alone shows instead of tying them to a characters franchise now". And now Secret Invasion starts shooting in like two months.

Ultimate Member

https://bleedingcool.com/movies/watc...s-blade-movie/

Blade was part of the 1-2-3 punch of that first movie, X-Men and Spider-Man, that helped make the superhero genre the thing it is today. It has also never really gotten the recognition it deserved for being part of that movement. Ever since that announcement; we haven't heard anything about the movie since it seemed to be one that was in very early development. Well, we finally have some movement as The Hollywood Reporter is saying that playwright and Watchmen writer Stacy Osei-Kuffour will be writing the new Blade, which seems to have the title Blade, the Vampire Hunter.

report is saying that Marvel was only looking at black writers for this project as Osei-Kuffour becomes the first black woman to write a Marvel movie. Marvel saw that staying true to the roots of a series and making sure that there are people of color not only in front of the camera but behind it as well worked so well for Black Panther that it isn't surprising that they are looking to try and make that lightning strike twice.

Mighty Member

With crossovers in the MCU vs. crossovers in comics why do some people (myself included) get really excited about crossovers in the MCU, but, say, we pick up an Iron Man comic and we see Spider-Man appearing in it and the reaction is more like "oh...cool, Spidey's in there". more low key. I love MCU crossovers. I was just wondering how the excitement level builds more there than in canon.

I thought it would be cool if Paul Bettany also played Wonder man. Its a inverse of the comic and a good replacement for Bettany in case Vision stays dead. But that would more trouble than it's worth.

It'd be cool if Wonder Man stays away from Wanda.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I thought it would be cool if Paul Bettany also played Wonder man. Its a inverse of the comic and a good replacement for Bettany in case Vision stays dead. But that would more trouble than it's worth.
    I can't really see Bettany as Simon/Wonder Woman.

I thought Nathan Fillion was a good choice even if it was just for a cameo, but that's probably not feasible on an ongoing basis.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Fantastic 4
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Couples counseling .

Happy to finally see Agent 13 kick butt .

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post

Fantastic 4
    This is a great little teas for F4. But isn't it a little early to do promos considering the release date is a couple years away?

They could be establishing the four in other movies or shows before giving them their own movies. Maybe in this universe, they are members of SWORD.