Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I'm loving these various covers. We're seeing different sides of Matthew Michael Murdock.
    I love how he used that name pretending to be his twin brother, and then it was turned to his middle name.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Battling Hitler has got to count for something.

I don't know. I think most, if not all, of us here on this board could have taken Der Fuhrer in a fist fight without DD's talents.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shalla Bal View Post
    Wally Wood--the priceless prose--and not one but two pulsatin' powerhouses (three if you count the Thing's cameo ). This one's got it all, tigers!

I almost picked this one. It brings back memories. After years of my Dad buying us comics, I did strike out on my own to the local Rexall Drugs IIRC to check out what was on the spinner racks. Our Daredevil run that Dad got for us had started with the John Romita Sr. issues. But the strange thing was the spinner rack several copies of Daredevil #7, in perfect shape. I never did figure out the mystery of why the drug store had these. I don't know if Marvel decided to reprint them or someone the distributor found some undelivered copies. But they were in mint condition. My brother still has it packed away in the long boxes. It is also one of my all time favorite Daredevil stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I almost picked this one. It brings back memories. After years of my Dad buying us comics, I did strike out on my own to the local Rexall Drugs IIRC to check out what was on the spinner racks. Our Daredevil run that Dad got for us had started with the John Romita Sr. issues. But the strange thing was the spinner rack several copies of Daredevil #7, in perfect shape. I never did figure out the mystery of why the drug store had these. I don't know if Marvel decided to reprint them or someone the distributor found some undelivered copies. But they were in mint condition. My brother still has it packed away in the long boxes. It is also one of my all time favorite Daredevil stories.
    Is there any doubt as to which cover our IM will be picking this week? She needs to grab it before someone else takes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Love the Wally Wood era! I was really torn as to whether or not to post one of those, glad you did
    Glad you like that cover, Scott and IM; and that it brings back good memories for you IM. It's long been one of my favorite covers.

Is there any doubt as to which cover our IM will be picking this week? She needs to grab it before someone else takes it.
    LOL! Yes, there's no doubt at all regarding what cover it will be.

EDIT:
    Btw the forum is moving super-fast now! Quite a relief after how annoyingly slow it's been the past couple of weeks.
    Last edited by Shalla Bal; 08-10-2018 at 02:04 PM. Reason: see EDIT

Currently re-reading: Captivology • Currently re-watching: Guardians of the Galaxy • Currently re-heating: brownies in the microwave

I've got several I'm thinking over so I may surprise you.

Niffleheim

i didn't know what i was signing up for - mike murdock
    Last edited by Tofali; 08-11-2018 at 04:39 AM.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I've got several I'm thinking over so I may surprise you.
    Yes, there's a few where the two DD's appear together

I've not had much luck with the Gene Colan covers with the two DD's but here's a more recent one by Paolo Rivera. If you look closely, Daredevil is "reading" the rivets on Doom's mask, which in Braille spells out Doom. Pretty clever by Rivera.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-12-2018 at 10:00 AM.

^^^
    OK, looks like I was totally wrong--that's far from the cover I was thinking of. My bad.

The one I was thinking of is a much older classic cover--maybe I'll post it after the conclusion of the contest.

EDIT:
    ABE subsequently posted the cover I was referring to--DD #38
    Last edited by Shalla Bal; 08-15-2018 at 11:02 AM.