Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Some of the characters are one to one, like Ray Clarke is Gil Kane. Some are combos of several comic personalities.
    I am confident of who Noah Gitlin is based on.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Issue #5 was excellent, dealing with Frank Miller and the DKR. Chaykin is not fond of Jim Shooter.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Invincible Member

Ok, I just got the first two issues...Dan Fleischer is Will Eisner? Ouch!

I don't know maybe because it's closer to now but the references to people and comics in the last two issues were on the nose.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    I don't know maybe because it's closer to now but the references to people and comics in the last two issues were on the nose.
    I think that's an accurate observation. The use of covers and thinly disguised characters makes the more familiar times more evident.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Well, at least now we can be sure Curt Powell is Frank Miller.

The final issue didn't say anything new.

It's funny how much space the author allotted to himself although the title has hardly been autobiographical.

Not sure what the point of this series was.

I think the point was to tell the story from the creators' perspective and not the fairy tales the publishers have been telling for years.
    It is a way for Chaykin to tell all the things he had heard from others and experienced himself over the decades. There was a lot of "warts and all" stuff that fans want to ignore.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Oh I get that. But all this information was available in print even before the Internet. Maybe it's intended for the titular "kids". Also, it mixes urban legends with actual history, but I guess it's only fitting: it's a comic about comics after all.

As a story, I don't find it very compelling. Perhaps it's just me; as much as I'm interested in the behind the scenes stuff, I care for the creative side far more. As for all the doom and gloom, cry me a river.