Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Preview: Astonishing X-Men Annual #1

Preview here: http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...-men-annual-1/

I can't wait for Jean to meet the original X-Men. Should be a blast with Rosenberg writing.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

It looks like it will be excellent. That initial conversation is pitch perfect. I appreciate how Bobby is okay!

I'm surprised by how much I dislike the art, though. I loved Travel Foreman on Animal Man, but his take on the X-Men is just not working for me.

I'm looking forward to this. Preview looks good, the dynamics between them all are fun. Angel not hugging Hank is noticeable.

BANNED

"Weaponizing nostalgia seems a tad gauche, no?"

lol Rosenberg just put 80% of the X-writers and editors on notice.

Apocalypse Wars........Astonishing X-Men (2017) #7.....#12.....how many times does Warren need to be reassured that being Archangel isnt a problem anymore????

Well, besides that, I like that Bobby's feeling more well off since #600, Extraordinary, and his solo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Apocalypse Wars........Astonishing X-Men (2017) #7.....#12.....how many times does Warren need to be reassured that being Archangel isnt a problem anymore????

Well, besides that, I like that Bobby's feeling more well off since #600, Extraordinary, and his solo.
    I don't know, I think they can run that plot point into the ground a little more, yet.

Like the preview, i hope that Rosenberg can keep the quality during the whole issue.

I really like the preview. Although, I thought that Warren no longer had to worry about his Archangel persona since X seemingly healed his mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    I really like the preview. Although, I thought that Warren no longer had to worry about his Archangel persona since X seemingly healed his mind?
    Unsurprised that Bunncanny gets ignored, but him being healed literally happened in the same run as this annual. And for something being so connective to Soule's run, it's odd to see something so major being so ignored. But, I'll still post some scans to commemorate all that was already established:

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I don't know, I think they can run that plot point into the ground a little more, yet.
    Can't beat a dead horse if the horse is....catatonic?

It looks great, but the whole thing with X erasing everyone's memories including Warren's just seems stupid now that he's gonna expose himself anyway.

Alright X comes out to his students, I'm down for that.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Jean's saying what we've all been thinking for years....Xavier's dream was only that and ever since he put them together it's just been a militia.

The wine bothers me....that's clearly a label for Dom (which is a sparkling white) and it's a red wine....ugh...don't know what's worse...that, or Jean's flaccid hair.

"Warren struggling with the Archangel persona" is the new "Rogue struggling with not being able to touch people." Any changes will always be reverted to status quo.