Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    So in the middle of the battle with Proteus and Shadow King? I can't believe that this doesn't take place after Astonishing's first run is over, as I thought X erased everyone's minds of him sans Psylocke. If so Warren likely doesn't remember/know he has been fixed by X.
    CBR is soo slow!

Actually, Rosenberg said on Twitter, "This takes place before X healing him."

And yeah, Warren not remembering makes more sense.

Double post.

BANNED

Loving the camaraderie and genuine warmth that just eXudes from the page, despite the somewhat murky atmosphere at play. Glad to see Rosenberg continues to lend his considerable gifts, to building up the Astonishing brand, so effectively. He's got a real good handle, on that certain je ne sais quoi, these particular characters possess when they're combined.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    I really liked the preview, specifically, Jean's feelings on everything that's happened. All the years, all the pain and she has nothing to show for it accept a husband that didn't love her, a Mother that died hating her and world that left her behind. I'd be drinking too.

I surprised myself by becoming a Jean fan so I'm glad she is in the X-Books but I do wonder what Jean's life would be like if it was an X-Man free zone.
    "A husband who didn't love her...." Ouch, even though he didn't act it sometimes. Jean believes Scott loved her.... lol.

And I agree. I do love how they're finally focusing on Jean's pain when the usual focus is on Cyclops or Wolverine moping about.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    "A husband who didn't love her...." Ouch, even though he didn't act it sometimes. Jean believes Scott loved her.... lol.

And I agree. I do love how they're finally focusing on Jean's pain when the usual focus is on Cyclops or Wolverine moping about.
    Wait, they retconned it? That wasn't the real Cyclops? When!? I missed some issues of Red...

Double post.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke is Slim View Post
    CBR is soo slow!

Actually, Rosenberg said on Twitter, "This takes place before X healing him."

And yeah, Warren not remembering makes more sense.
    They should've just let Xavier die. This X bullshit is too complicated. The whole run of Soule's Astonishing was a few HOURS and there wasn't a break at any time between X being here and the end of that run....it makes NO sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post

it is good to see Jean leading and having the focus. it is deserved

Cyclops really loved her, he was just too ******* about it

>This is depressing but the X-Men's lives have been horrific. I''m glad to see Rosenberg isn't shying away from that. Jean saying she shouldn't have come back is rough to hear. I genuinely hope they come out of this feeling better... and not via X's magic mind control.
    >Jean keeps weaponizing things: truth, nostalgia. And so acid about Rachel again! The writers have been putting that in at every chance lately.
    >As others have pointed out, there is no way this could have happened before X 'cured' Warren.
    >Can't believe I'm actually calling Xavier 'X'. Ugh.
    Last edited by nx01a; 08-09-2018 at 11:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    I really liked the preview, specifically, Jean's feelings on everything that's happened. All the years, all the pain and she has nothing to show for it accept a husband that didn't love her, a Mother that died hating her and a world that left her behind. I'd be drinking too.

I surprised myself by becoming a Jean fan so I'm glad she is in the X-Books but I do wonder what Jean's life would be like if it was an X-Man free zone.
    WHAT!?!?!?!

Claiming Scott didn't love Jean is revisionist history at its absolute worst. There's a reason the Phoenix brought Scott to her during Resurrecxion. He never stopped loving her. Not once. It's why he felt so guilty being with Emma. Because he wasn't able to love her as deeply as he loved Jean.

Scott loved Jean, Madelyne, and Emma. Jean was the one he loved the most.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    >This is depressing but the X-Men's lives have been horrific. I''m glad to see Rosenberg isn't shying away from that. Jean saying she shouldn't have come back is rough to hear. I genuinely hope they come out of this feeling better... and not via X's magic mind control.
    >Jean keeps weaponizing things: truth, nostalgia. And so acid about Rachel again! The writers have been putting that in at every chance lately.
    >As others have pointed out, there is no way this could have happened before X 'cured' Warren.
    >Can't believe I'm actually calling Xavier 'X'. Ugh.
    I don't think adult Jean is being rude about Rachel, I think she's referring to her teenage self there. Which would make sense as she's avoided Rachel at any opportunity. But it's certainly a rub against Rachel regardless.

And yeah, there is no way possible (time travel included) that this reunion takes place in the midst of X being secretly possessed by Amahl and Proteus destroying things up. Rosenberg is mistaken, or once again this is what the X-editors call "doing their job".

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I may have read it in the wrong way but the one who made that comment was bobby not jean, he is also serving the wine. I don't think it was Jean talking bad about Rachel or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    "Weaponizing nostalgia seems a tad gauche, no?"

lol Rosenberg just put 80% of the X-writers and editors on notice.
    That seems a bit hypocritical coming from the writer of Phoenix Resurrection, the current New Mutants mini and the Havok redemption tour

BANNED

I hope this guy's take on Jean isn't the default jesus christ.

Here we go with this "I wish I was dead" crap from the godawful, very slightly and very tangentially related to Jean mini-series.

Like...if you don't like a character, leave them for someone else to write.