Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I may have read it in the wrong way but the one who made that comment was bobby not jean, he is also serving the wine. I don't think it was Jean talking bad about Rachel or something like that.
    Bobby is quoting someone, and the only person he could be quoting given the context is Jean [or Jeen] regarding Rachel.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke is Slim View Post
    Wait, they retconned it? That wasn't the real Cyclops? When!? I missed some issues of Red...
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    I hope this guy's take on Jean isn't the default jesus christ.

Here we go with this "I wish I was dead" crap from the godawful, very slightly and very tangentially related to Jean mini-series.

Like...if you don't like a character, leave them for someone else to write.
    LOL Does Jean have Lana Del Rey on her playlist?

I don't know... I think this take on Jean is very real and humanizing. I generally don't like cosmic forces because they tend to make characters not believable. Consider Dr Manhattan who couldn't relate to anyone on earth because he was above it all.

Jean says in the issue she felt nothing when she died, so I think they're trying to strike a balance between being a previous cosmic force and being a human.

It's probably best she doesn't remember the White Hot Room or Here Comes Tomorrow because any human stuck there would turn them catatonic.

So I don't think they're trying to make her Jesus Christ ... it seems the opposite.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    LOL Does Jean have Lana Del Rey on her playlist?

I don't know... I think this take on Jean is very real and humanizing. I generally don't like cosmic forces because they tend to make characters not believable. Consider Dr Manhattan who couldn't relate to anyone on earth because he was above it all.

Jean says in the issue she felt nothing when she died, so I think they're trying to strike a balance between being a previous cosmic force and being a human.

It's probably best she doesn't remember the White Hot Room or Here Comes Tomorrow because any human stuck there would turn them catatonic.

So I don't think they're trying to make her Jesus Christ ... it seems the opposite.
    I didn't articulate that well. I meant that as in "jesus f*cking christ how annoying".

And I get where you're coming from, but I don't find the scoffing at a second chance to live life becoming of Jean, nor all that believable.

Also, the "we never wanted to be X-Men" angle is bad for the franchise, imo. In addition to being drab and unentertainingly edgy.

BANNED

"Thankth, Jeam!"... Heh, Bobby's the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    I didn't articulate that well. I meant that as in "jesus f*cking christ how annoying".

And I get where you're coming from, but I don't find the scoffing at a second chance to live life becoming of Jean, nor all that believable.

Also, the "we never wanted to be X-Men" angle is bad for the franchise, imo. In addition to being drab and unentertainingly edgy.
    Well... she has had a second chance at life. And a third. And a fourth. And if we count each revival during Endsong... 46 more times total.

I can understand her being weary. She's come back majorly three times. And each time, the status quo for mutants is arguably worse, and her X-family is more and more torn apart. It's a little on the nose, but her attitude is understandable.

Wait, they retconned it? That wasn't the real Cyclops? When!? I missed some issues of Red...
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Well... she has had a second chance at life. And a third. And a fourth. And if we count each revival during Endsong... 46 more times total.

I can understand her being weary. She's come back majorly three times. And each time, the status quo for mutants is arguably worse, and her X-family is more and more torn apart. It's a little on the nose, but her attitude is understandable.
    Yeah, the status quo for mutants has gotten increasingly worse, but this time it's better than her last revival. Mutants are at full population now, and they're no longer nearly extinct, thanks to Emma Frost and Cyclops.

Jean can afford a more peaceful approach in X-Men Red because she doesn't have the entire species hanging by a thread.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

This is kind of a somber take on Jean's voice but I can dig it so far, I'm just worried about how much it will match with what she's been saying over in Red.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

CBR is soo slow!

Actually, Rosenberg said on Twitter, "This takes place before X healing him."

And yeah, Warren not remembering makes more sense.

Thats not what the issue says. The text contradicts Rosenberg as does the premise

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Thats not what the issue says. The text contradicts Rosenberg as does the premise
    Awesome, some definitive continuity! That clears a few things up, namely that:

Astonishing 1-12 take place before Red, and since that's true, it looks like Red all takes place before the bulk of Gold and R&G.

Thank effing Christ dude, this was stressing me out.

That image ... "...killed in a battle by one of their greatest foes."

WHAT?!?! That was not Magneto.

So how does Jean feel about the X-Men teaming up with her murderer?!

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    This is kind of a somber take on Jean's voice but I can dig it so far, I'm just worried about how much it will match with what she's been saying over in Red.
    Well, she's in an intimate setting with close friends and gets to let her hair down. In Red she's the leader of a team and has to appear strong and resolute.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I was thinking along similar lines. THIS Jean and X-Men Red Jean feel like they are coming from very different places emotionally. So which one comes first? This meeting or the current events of Red? Wish we knew.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    I was thinking along similar lines. THIS Jean and X-Men Red Jean feel like they are coming from very different places emotionally. So which one comes first? This meeting or the current events of Red? Wish we knew.
    maybe astonmishing will be a bridge between Ressurrection and X-men red

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    I died laughing when Jean said Bobby was fine and he thanked her . In fact he is the only one who has been more or less unharmed all these years.
    Except he became gay? but i loved it. Hope Bobby gets a mutant boyfriend like Pyro or Northstar.
    Last edited by jalsrix; 08-09-2018 at 07:19 PM.

BANNED

The story and art looks great! Except Beast shouldn't be so huge...

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    That image ... "...killed in a battle by one of their greatest foes."

WHAT?!?! That was not Magneto.

So how does Jean feel about the X-Men teaming up with her murderer?!

Well, she's in an intimate setting with close friends and gets to let her hair down. In Red she's the leader of a team and has to appear strong and resolute.
    Well, that image tells you everything you need to know.

Notice Mags/Xorneto isn't named, but Scott is regarding Charles's death.