Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    That seems a bit hypocritical coming from the writer of Phoenix Resurrection, the current New Mutants mini and the Havok redemption tour
    Lol...this is true...

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    maybe astonmishing will be a bridge between Ressurrection and X-men red
    Dare to dream, eh? I'm dying to have some sense of order and connectivity between the books.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    it invoked memories of twenty years after with the three musketeers reuniting after a prolonged period. the summary of Jean dying at the hands of the x mens greatest enemy was news to me as I never considered "xorn" as such.
    Further proof that Editorial and the writers are quietly restoring the original continuity of Planet X I.e. Xorn was really Magneto (or Magneto was at least part of Xorneto) hehehe ;p

Spectacular Member

Double post error
    Last edited by JDC001; 08-10-2018 at 04:28 AM.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magneticmushroom View Post
    Awesome, some definitive continuity! That clears a few things up, namely that:

Astonishing 1-12 take place before Red, and since that's true, it looks like Red all takes place before the bulk of Gold and R&G.

Thank effing Christ dude, this was stressing me out.
    ? Are you saying that all of X-Men Red takes place before the bulk of X-Men Gold? That logic cannot be true. I'd say it's a pretty safe assumption (you can't state with certainty anything about the current continuity) that Astonishing 1-12 and Phoenix Resurrection take place before the lead-in to the Gold wedding issues. So that puts the actual X-Men Red series after the end of Gold and Blue, and likely the events of Extermination.

I was under the impression Red was behind everything as well. Why is this so difficult to figure out? Can't someone just tell us?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Thats not what the issue says. The text contradicts Rosenberg as does the premise
    Maybe part of the annual takes place before Astonishing and the rest takes place afterwards? The reunion dinner is right after Jean was resurrected. The annual could then skip ahead after Astonishing and have X appear and highlight the difference with Warren before and after X's "gift". That's assuming that anyone cares about continuity, which is a big ask lately.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I was under the impression Red was behind everything as well. Why is this so difficult to figure out? Can't someone just tell us?
    It would require the editors in the X-office to do actual editing vs whatever they actually do under that title. The reason I say that Red is ahead of the rest is that while many characters can play dual roles on teams, Kurt's facial hair and costume don't coincide with what is happening in Red. And Storm's hammer and costume aren't addressed in Red, so I assume she loses the hammer before the start of Red. But again, I could be totally wrong. Allowing writers to write their books in a bubble with no regards to what's happening in the rest of the line is why Marvel is a hot mess at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Doublepost due to the terrible website issues. When will this get fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    It would require the editors in the X-office to do actual editing vs whatever they actually do under that title. The reason I say that Red is ahead of the rest is that while many characters can play dual roles on teams, Kurt's facial hair and costume don't coincide with what is happening in Red. And Storm's hammer and costume aren't addressed in Red, so I assume she loses the hammer before the start of Red. But again, I could be totally wrong. Allowing writers to write their books in a bubble with no regards to what's happening in the rest of the line is why Marvel is a hot mess at the moment.
    Definitely agreed.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    ? Are you saying that all of X-Men Red takes place before the bulk of X-Men Gold? That logic cannot be true. I'd say it's a pretty safe assumption (you can't state with certainty anything about the current continuity) that Astonishing 1-12 and Phoenix Resurrection take place before the lead-in to the Gold wedding issues. So that puts the actual X-Men Red series after the end of Gold and Blue, and likely the events of Extermination.
    I'm basing this on Gambit being alone and kind of somber, much like his characterization in Astonishing 1-12, which to me says that this his all prior to his marriage to Rogue. The Gambit in Red is not a happily married-lookin' dude.

Quote Originally Posted by magneticmushroom View Post
    I'm basing this on Gambit being alone and kind of somber, much like his characterization in Astonishing 1-12, which to me says that this his all prior to his marriage to Rogue. The Gambit in Red is not a happily married-lookin' dude.
    maybe he and Rogue go through a rough patch. I mean this wedding happened very fast and these two have always been dramatic

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    That image ... "...killed in a battle by one of their greatest foes."

WHAT?!?! That was not Magneto.

So how does Jean feel about the X-Men teaming up with her murderer?!
    Xorn pretty much fucked the X-Men sideways throughout Morrison's run, from the riot to Planet X. Dude deserves SOME recognition.

So I didn’t even bother to check this thread until now becaus I haven’t been interested in the astonishing books.

Is it normal for annuals to have an almost entirely (or at least very) different cast and plot than the regular series that it’s named after? I totally could’ve accidentally missed this gem.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?