Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Lego Marvel's X-Men?

Lots of fans myself included have been livid at the X-Men's explusion from the lego games due to Marvel/Disney being pricks.

Now that they have gotten the rights back do you think we have a chance of an X-Men game?

Do the X-Men still have the "star power" to pull it off?

What would you like to see in an X-Men Lego game?

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    Lots of fans myself included have been livid at the X-Men's explusion from the lego games due to Marvel/Disney being pricks.

Now that they have gotten the rights back do you think we have a chance of an X-Men game?

It's an interesting idea for them to have their own game. To answer your questions:
    1) I think any solo game for the X-Men is still likely slim at this stage, but has potential.
    2)They certainly have more than enough characters to make such a game, and definitely have the star power. But I think the removal of them from newer games, and the treatment they have received previously due to rights has them at a disadvantage. I think those of us fans would buy it in an instant, but I think Marvel is still hesitant to push them right now.
    3) Would buy it in an instant, but would rather see another iteration of X-Men Legends first with expanded character use.

I really don't think so. So far i see characters as popular as Wolverine only being able to get places in Marvel games as DLC or unlockables.

EDIT
    I would say until we see more of the X-Men regularly appear back in more minor stuff like mobile games, we might have a shot at being part of a starting roster of a console game or something of that scope lol
    Last edited by Mr Abductor; 08-09-2018 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    It's an interesting idea for them to have their own game. To answer your questions:
    1) I think any solo game for the X-Men is still likely slim at this stage, but has potential.
    2)They certainly have more than enough characters to make such a game, and definitely have the star power. But I think the removal of them from newer games, and the treatment they have received previously due to rights has them at a disadvantage. I think those of us fans would buy it in an instant, but I think Marvel is still hesitant to push them right now.
    3) Would buy it in an instant, but would rather see another iteration of X-Men Legends first with expanded character use.
    I agree with each of these points! I would instantly buy a Lego X-men game but I think it's unlikely we'll get one soon.

I think they should first have an addition pack of some kind to the current Marvel Legos #2 game adding the X-Men purged from the first game to make way for the Inhumans and their push to be Marvel's new mutants.

I think they will start with mobile games 1st. After the movie reboot, we might see a console game

Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post

I do remember them being in the first game.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I do remember them being in the first game.
    They were kept out of the subsequent games. So was the FF.

I question the star power now given they have had some shitty movies and no cartoon in years.

I do think we could get an X-Men heavy Marvel Lego Superheroes 3 though fingers crossed. I would love to see them attempt to render Warlock.

I would be all for seeing great X-Men sites on LEGO Marvel that we haven’t so far.
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-10-2018 at 09:40 AM.

BANNED

Other than the upcoming Insomniac Spider-Man, Marvel haven't produced many games in the past few years, other than the mobile games which vary in quality. The Lego Games have been one of the only ways to play as iconic Marvel heroes, but unfortunately the X-Men (and FF) have been absent from the last few. I would love to see a Lego X-Men game, a self-contained story without Avengers, Guardians etc. There are so many characters who'd be really fun to play as, and I'd love to see lego minifigures for some of the unique X-Men aesthetics.

That would be fun! But which storyline would you do? I mean you couldn’t do a LEGO version of house of m, mutant massacre, Genoshan genocide, necrosha etc lol