Default Sequel quadriology? (Perhaps inspired by Infinity War?)

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainm...-date-backlash

Just a rumor really (and wouldn't this technically make the "second part" Episode 10?). Curiously, fans on some forums were wondering if this was a possibility all the way back to 2016, with discussion of course becoming more prevalent in the last few months due to Infinity War's approach.

Also, although at least three TV shows are in the works (Live-action, Resistance and Clone Wars revival), there hasn't been any announcement of a Star Wars film for 2020, and "splitting" 9 could perhaps work towards that.

Wouldn't be the first idea to have a trilogy end on a cliffhanger (Don't really count ROTS's ending since it was known what was going to happen) In some early stages, ROTJ was intended to have a cliffhanger and continue the story with some characters dying but Luke still on his quest to become a Jedi and overthrow the Empire. (However, Lucas decided to compress things into ROTJ) There was also of course one ending idea that would reveal Luke actually went to the dark side and put Vader's helmet on his own head....
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 08-09-2018 at 10:04 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

What a frightful idea.

If they have enough story to expand the trilogy into four movies, I say go for it. If it's just padding, I don't think it's a good idea.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

No, just... call it Episode 10 if you want. But let's not get into 9.1 and 9.2 territory. Also bear in mind another Rey/Kylo era movie (regardless of what it's called) is going to delay the other two trilogies and anything else planned, unless Lucasfilm ends up doing what I think is inevitable and having two Star Wars films a year...

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I am having hard time getting excited for Episode 9 let alone if they split it. After the mixed reaction of The Last Jedi they need to focus on just doing a good ending and not trying to split the climax. Of coarse this could be JJ going in and having to make two movies to make up for Johnson ignoring everything he set up in Episode 7 and getting the story back on track.

BANNED

Reality check: nobody at Lucasfilm has even remotely suggested Ep. IX is being split.

The article is about a dude going on about how it would be neat if it were split and his followers agreeing.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Reality check: nobody at Lucasfilm has even remotely suggested Ep. IX is being split.

The article is about a dude going on about how it would be neat if it were split and his followers agreeing.
    Agreed, remember that we knew for years that Infinity War would effectively be split into two films (before they were more firmly separated) so I would expect with less than a year and a half to go till Episode IX we'd be aware of it by now if they were splitting it up.