Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    So damn cool. I hate how DC ditches these cool updates for nostalgia. Vic, Supes, Bats, everyone’s going back to their old costumes except ones like Barry who actually had better old costumes.

Cyborg has had a few neat moments in Snyder's JL run so far but I'm not a fan that when he talks about future stories focusing on particular characters, he never mentions Cyborg. Even when he tweets about the different JL members, he always seems to leave Cyborg out. It's like the character doesn't seem to be much of a priority to him. I hope I'm wrong of course and maybe he does have plans for the character that he isn't allowed to share just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

This is still the best version of Vic in my opinion. A very cool modern design. So much wasted potential. Damnit DC! As ironman2978 said, it’s been 1 step forward and 2 steps back with Cyborg’s development since the New 52.
    I really miss 'wish-fulfilment' Cyborg. It was finally desireable to want to be Vic.

The Reis art certainly helped too. I was very pleased by Will Conrad's art in the Semper run as well.

Mighty Member

Cyborg has had a few neat moments in Snyder's JL run so far but I'm not a fan that when he talks about future stories focusing on particular characters, he never mentions Cyborg. Even when he tweets about the different JL members, he always seems to leave Cyborg out. It's like the character doesn't seem to be much of a priority to him. I hope I'm wrong of course and maybe he does have plans for the character that he isn't allowed to share just yet.
    I don't think he IS a priority for Snyder, which is sad because i really think he can benefit from having some sort of mythology to call his own. John has the Ultraviolet Emotional Spectrum and Barry has The Still Force. I wouldn't be surprised if Vic is only on JLO because Snyder doesn't want to do anything with him. It's all good. Hopefully he shines there.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    I don't think he IS a priority for Snyder, which is sad because i really think he can benefit from having some sort of mythology to call his own. John has the Ultraviolet Emotional Spectrum and Barry has The Still Force. I wouldn't be surprised if Vic is only on JLO because Snyder doesn't want to do anything with him. It's all good. Hopefully he shines there.
    It's possible, but I think if he didn't want him there, he just wouldn't have him there. Snyder must have enough influence to where editorial wouldn't be able to force him to write characters that he doesn't want to write. But like I mentioned elsewhere, if they did take Cyborg off the roster now that they have MM, John and Hawkgirl there, they would've made it perfectly clear that Cyborg was only there for diversity. The fact that he's still there gives me hope that there are plans for him and DC and Snyder don't see him as irrelevant or expendable.

Another great character with a unique look, unique powerset and tragic origin with lots of associated emotional baggage. Cyborg has so much wasted potential in the comics it is just sad.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Great design.

^Now that's a Cyborg!

Is it such a taboo to show there’s more left of Vic than half his face? C’mon DC.

Great design.

Argh it breaks my heart. One of the coolest designs just thrown in the trash. Makes no sense.

Well written Cyborg alert!!!

Justice League Odyssey was the first quality performance for Vic beginning to end. It's...it's like somebody cared about how he was portrayed for once.

Also, Justice League Odyssey #1 was outstanding!

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Is it such a taboo to show there’s more left of Vic than half his face? C’mon DC.
    It's all to plain to see there's an issue with valuing black faces and body. Everybody isn't comfortable with it when it comes to hero worship.