Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Odyssey was so good, love the new design and the interaction with Cy and Kori. Can't wait to see whats in store or what other characters might join the ride. Too bad we're gonna lose that gorgeous art.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

By J. Fabok

So is Snyder even interested in writing Cyborg in his JL run? He shows up on covers but he's barely featured in the stories. He hasn't shown up in 3 issues, they didn't show his JL headquarters when they were going over that in the last issue and he only got a mention instead, he didn't show up in the new issue at all and whenever he's there it's pretty much for cameos that don't really add much to the story. Is he mandated by DC to be there or is Snyder just not interested to do anything with him. I get that he's in JL Odyssey but WW is in JL Dark and she hardly gets neglected in Snyder's run. I feel Snyder has enough of an influence to where if he didn't want to have Cyborg in JL he just won't have him there, yet the character is promoted as being part of his book yet he's not getting anything in it.
    Last edited by Johnny; 10-18-2018 at 05:07 AM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    So is Snyder even interested in writing Cyborg in his JL run? He shows up on covers but he's barely featured in the stories. He hasn't shown up in 3 issues, they didn't show his JL headquarters when they were going over that in the last issue and he only got a mention instead, he didn't show up in the new issue at all and whenever he's there it's pretty much for cameos that don't really add much to the story. Is he mandated by DC to be there or is Snyder just not interested to do anything with him. I get that he's in JL Odyssey but WW is in JL Dark and she hardly gets neglected in Snyder's run. I feel Snyder has enough of an influence to where if he didn't want to have Cyborg in JL he just won't have him there, yet the character is promoted as being part of his book yet he's not getting anything in it.
    Cyborg is a main character in JLO not JL

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Cyborg is a main character in JLO not JL
    And like I said, WW is in JLD as well as JL, but she's not getting cameo appearances in JL. If Firestorm and Adam Strange can show up in JL, I'm not sure why Cyborg can't, when he's supposed to be one of the featured characters.

I think he’s there because he has to be, or maybe Snyder didn’t feel strong enough about him to want him gone, but neither does he care about him enough to want to write him. I’m just happy to have two black characters on the JL for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I think he’s there because he has to be, or maybe Snyder didn’t feel strong enough about him to want him gone, but neither does he care about him enough to want to write him. I’m just happy to have two black characters on the JL for once.
    Well, what does it matter when one of those two characters literally gets nothing. Most of the previous writers didn't do much with him either, but at least he had a presence in the stories, he was featured in every issue. Here, initially he was lucky if he got a single line of dialogue, now he'd be lucky if he even makes an actual appearance. That ain't right, fam. If Snyder doesn't care about writing Cyborg, then he shouldn't be promoted as if he's part of his book. That's false advertising and it's not doing the character any favors.

He hasn’t been promoted at all though. When was the last time he appeared on a cover? And I’d rather have him stay on the JL even in a background role then be sent to the Titans dumpster. Also there’s always hope Snyder does have a plan for him.

Well, what does it matter when one of those two characters literally gets nothing. Most of the previous writers didn't do much with him either, but at least he had a presence in the stories, he was featured in every issue. Here, initially he was lucky if he got a single line of dialogue, now he'd be lucky if he even makes an actual appearance. That ain't right, fam. If Snyder doesn't care about writing Cyborg, then he shouldn't be promoted as if he's part of his book. That's false advertising and it's not doing the character any favors.
    Cyborg did get some screen time in the Totality arc.

I see what you mean, though. Tom King did the same thing, where he hardly ever used Duke Thomas in Batman, which he didn't really have any use of the character. I personally think it's more of an editorial decision in both of these cases. Sure, Scott Snyder indeed has lots of power at DC. He's frankly one of the top DC writers and no one can deny that. But Cyborg already lost an ongoing, unfortunately. So I'm sure DC doesn't want readers to speculate that Cyborg is no longer in the Justice League, because his ongoing got cancelled. If Cyborg still had his ongoing, I don't think he would've stayed in the main Justice League. I think Cyborg is there, because Snyder was told that he should be there.

Mighty Member

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they are trying to find someway to put Vic back with the Titans, unfortunately.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He hasn’t been promoted at all though. When was the last time he appeared on a cover? And I’d rather have him stay on the JL even in a background role then be sent to the Titans dumpster. Also there’s always hope Snyder does have a plan for him.
    He's on the cover of the latest issue.

And on the cover of the next issue.

Plus, he got a Jim Lee variant cover for the fifth issue.

So yeah, he's clearly been promoted as being part of this book. And yet...
    Last edited by Johnny; 10-18-2018 at 07:22 PM.

I’m not bothered that Vic hasn’t been prominent in Snyder’s Justice League lately. The book has gone down hill really fast. I’m done as of last issue. Sticking with JL Odyssey and Dark for now.

I wasn't thoroughly pleased with Cyborg's Jim Lee cover. I was hoping for a heroic...iconic...dynamic shot like Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash, Martian Manhunter, Hawkwoman got. Instead for him it was a static, cropped shot. Nothing as amazing as the others. I didn't think John Stewart's was all that amazing either. Just him looking stoic again.

Now, I will say that Black Lightning got the kind of dynamic cover I was looking for with The Other History of the DC Universe #1 drawn by Alex Dos Diaz.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
    I wasn't thoroughly pleased with Cyborg's Jim Lee cover. I was hoping for a heroic...iconic...dynamic shot like Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash, Martian Manhunter, Hawkwoman got. Instead for him it was a static, cropped shot. Nothing as amazing as the others. I didn't think John Stewart's was all that amazing either. Just him looking stoic again.

Now, I will say that Black Lightning got the kind of dynamic cover I was looking for with The Other History of the DC Universe #1 drawn by Alex Dos Diaz.
    Do you mean that you was expecting more of an action type of dynamic where they either do something or about to do something on those covers?

So yeah, he's clearly been promoted as being part of this book. And yet...
    Yea, I wouldn't have put him on the cover if he's not being used.