Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Do you mean that you was expecting more of an action type of dynamic where they either do something or about to do something on those covers?
    For the most part. Even Aquaman's cover where he's just standing there with his trident looks iconic. They rest all have epic scenes captured. Cyborg is just standing in front of a raggedy brick wall with most of his body not accentuated.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
    For the most part. Even Aquaman's cover where he's just standing there with his trident looks iconic. They rest all have epic scenes captured. Cyborg is just standing in front of a raggedy brick wall with most of his body not accentuated.
    I see what you mean. Jim Lee could've done better.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Cyborg did get some screen time in the Totality arc.

I see what you mean, though. Tom King did the same thing, where he hardly ever used Duke Thomas in Batman, which he didn't really have any use of the character. I personally think it's more of an editorial decision in both of these cases. Sure, Scott Snyder indeed has lots of power at DC. He's frankly one of the top DC writers and no one can deny that. But Cyborg already lost an ongoing, unfortunately. So I'm sure DC doesn't want readers to speculate that Cyborg is no longer in the Justice League, because his ongoing got cancelled. If Cyborg still had his ongoing, I don't think he would've stayed in the main Justice League. I think Cyborg is there, because Snyder was told that he should be there.
    Yep, that and to avoid bad optics I suppose. Because if they did remove Cyborg from the JL now that John Stewart is there, they would've basically proven critics right that Cyborg was only there for his ethnicity and not because they thought he had value as an actual character. Besides it would've put both characters in a bad spot, since it would've looked like John was only added to replace another black character. They don't need any of that. So I would probably boil it down to Snyder not being interested in writing the character and/or the higher-ups not wanting bad press. In any event, Vic deserves better and I hope JLO does him justice.
    Last edited by Johnny; 10-19-2018 at 08:25 AM.

I found the exclusion of Cyborg's own room in JL weird but his absence in drowned earth is even more apparent. Hawkwoman, MM and GL have all been written out due to plot details but cyborg doesn't even get alluded to. I don't think DC care about him being in JLO as he was also meant to be in both regardless of delays. I wish they would at least make an offhand comment to explain his absence.
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

Really going to miss Sejic drawing Cyborg. He’s looked so damn cool in the first two issues of Odyssey.

Quote Originally Posted by Red obin View Post
    I found the exclusion of Cyborg's own room in JL weird but his absence in drowned earth is even more apparent. Hawkwoman, MM and GL have all been written out due to plot details but cyborg doesn't even get alluded to. I don't think DC care about him being in JLO as he was also meant to be in both regardless of delays. I wish they would at least make an offhand comment to explain his absence.
    I wish someone would just ask Snyder on twitter about Cyborg's status in his book. It comes off as very disingenuous to keep putting him on covers or give him one-page cameos and then not even acknowledge him for awhile. Is he still a core JL member or not. If not, they should stop pretending otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I wish someone would just ask Snyder on twitter about Cyborg's status in his book. It comes off as very disingenuous to keep putting him on covers or give him one-page cameos and then not even acknowledge him for awhile. Is he still a core JL member or not. If not, they should stop pretending otherwise.
    Snyder’s Justice League has been going down hill fast. Cyborg is lucky to not be featured. Odyssey has been way better so far. But we’ll see what happens with the new artist.

So I'm looking at the variant for this week's issue #3 with Vic as the cover. What's the deal with him wearing clothes? Is this still happening?

Issue #1 had him in pants. Sketches showed him in a tank top. In-story he's still..."naked". Would it be beneficial to the character to start wearing some clothes?

First look at Cyborg

Not great but I’m gonna wait to see what he looks like in action. A lot of the tv show costumes look bad in stills but work for the actual show. The Flash costume looks kinda bad in pictures but works when we see Grant Gustin in motion.
    Last edited by Robotman; 12-21-2018 at 09:08 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    First look at Cyborg

Not great but I’m gonna wait to see what he looks like in action. A lot of the tv show costumes look bad in stills but work for the actual show. The Flash costume looks kinda bad in pictures but works when we see Grant Gustin in motion.

They released a promo and Vic looks amazing.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Yeah, Cyborg looks good in the trailer.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    First look at Cyborg

Sad that the show got the design right but the movie couldn't be bothered. Gee I thought according to Dan that look was so iconic that no one could change it and that is why Walker caught hell for trying to do it.

Can’t wait to watch Doom Patrol.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Yeah, Cyborg looks good in the trailer.

What other versions of Doom Patrol have featured Vic? Curious to see how his role is differentiated from Ribotman.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    What other versions of Doom Patrol have featured Vic? Curious to see how his role is differentiated from Ribotman.
    I don’t think he’s ever been part of the team in comics, so I’m interested to see what they do with him here.