Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Sad that the show got the design right but the movie couldn't be bothered. Gee I thought according to Dan that look was so iconic that no one could change it and that is why Walker caught hell for trying to do it.
    Yeah it’s sad how much better Cyborg with practical effects looks over the cgi version. They could’ve saved a lot of money and just gone with something like this. Obviously the movie quality would be better than the tv show.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    What other versions of Doom Patrol have featured Vic? Curious to see how his role is differentiated from Robotman.
    Cyborg has never been a member of the team but he has had interactions with them during the NTT days. But Cyborg as a character fits perfectly with the Doom Patrol concept. Someone who has survived tragedy and ended up with life altering powers. Maybe he’s the young hero who convinces the old team of “freaks” to reassemble.

The image of Brenden Frazier as human Cliff as the race car driver looks like it’s from the 70s. So maybe Robotman is a very old model compared to Vic. Cliff prefers to just punch stuff while Vic is all about using his technology.
    Last edited by Robotman; 12-21-2018 at 01:49 PM.

It's still quite interesting to me that Cyborg is part of the Doom Patrol here. I wonder if it had anything to do with some WB/DC embargo of sorts. If they allowed them to use the character on these shows as long as he's neither a Leaguer nor a Titan.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    It's still quite interesting to me that Cyborg is part of the Doom Patrol here. I wonder if it had anything to do with some WB/DC embargo of sorts. If they allowed them to use the character on these shows as long as he's neither a Leaguer nor a Titan.
    Isn't the actor also contracted to appear on Titans at some point?

I'm not sure. But yeah, maybe it's not a coincidence they put a classic Titan member with the Doom Patrol.

Mighty Member

Vic will be on there for a reason. I don't think he is there randomly. We need to wait for context first. I know he's suppose to send them on some mission. Other than that that is all we know.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Cyborg has never been a member of the team but he has had interactions with them during the NTT days. But Cyborg as a character fits perfectly with the Doom Patrol concept. Someone who has survived tragedy and ended up with life altering powers. Maybe he’s the young hero who convinces the old team of “freaks” to reassemble.
    That’s also my recollection from being a reader through the New 52 Era. I think there was even an overture made to Cyborg to join up by the Chief. Just wondered if it came to fruition at some point I missed.
    Also Vic Stone being known as “Robotman” in KINGDOM COME all spins my wheels.