Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Fomble View Post
    Again are there are any major far-left sources that would be closest to "Garbage Level" on the chart?
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    No there is not. Nothing even close.
    C'mon, there's gotta be one out there. We ALL know both sides are just as bad!
    Pull List: Animosity,Babyteeth,Birthright,Black Hammer,Black Science,Damned,Deadly Class,Descender,East of West,Eternal Empire,Hellboy,Hillbilly,I Hate Fairyland,Injustice,Kill or be Killed,Lazarus,Manifest Destiny,Outcast,Paper Girls,Rat Queens,Saga,Seven to Eternity,Sex Criminals,Southern Bastards,Star Wars,Stray Bullets,Uber,Usagi Yojimbo,all Valiant,Walking Dead,Wayward,Wicked & Divine.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    C'mon, there's gotta be one out there. We ALL know both sides are just as bad!
    I find it hard to believe that one side as a whole would have absolutely no garbage on them. And I say this as someone who's actually Liberal and Progressive.

BANNED

I find it hard to believe that one side as a whole would have absolutely no garbage on them.
    And nobody is saying that.

People are just suggesting that when one side is a little bit smudged, and the other side lives in a septic tank, we maybe should maybe not say they are the same.

Mighty Member

I find it hard to believe that one side as a whole would have absolutely no garbage on them. And I say this as someone who's actually Liberal and Progressive.
    I'd say there are outlets on the left that focus on the sensational or something like that.

HuffPost has been mentioned. I would not use them as a news source, but at this point they aren't much different than an entertainment site that zeroes in on all the little (or big) dumb things Trump does and creates articles about them.

It's still a far cry from what InfoWars does though, or even Fox News. Those outlets, especially in the case of the former, have created, fostered, and perpetuated things that are completely false, or unprovable at best. The latter is not much better. And the two outlets have devoted, die hard audiences. HuffPost has an audience too, obviously, but I would wager most of their readers or people who click on their links do it for the point of laughing at Trump's gaffs, and not has part of their ideological lifestyle.

The joke is that both "sides" are all in the same swamp together. It's all just business.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Duskman View Post
    The joke is that both "sides" are all in the same swamp together. It's all just business.
    Yeah good point.

There's also the Alternet, which had an article that called for the white race to be abolished.

Spectacular Member

Found a better picture from Google:

Mighty Member

MoveOn is a news organization?

I thought they were just like a...you know, organization intended to promote activism on the left. Townhalls and shit.

Found a better picture from Google:

That's got Fox News listed as "mostly factual".

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    That's got Fox News listed as "mostly factual".
    I think the people who made this are tried to make it look more balanced in an effort to shy away from being called biased.
    Pull List: Animosity,Babyteeth,Birthright,Black Hammer,Black Science,Damned,Deadly Class,Descender,East of West,Eternal Empire,Hellboy,Hillbilly,I Hate Fairyland,Injustice,Kill or be Killed,Lazarus,Manifest Destiny,Outcast,Paper Girls,Rat Queens,Saga,Seven to Eternity,Sex Criminals,Southern Bastards,Star Wars,Stray Bullets,Uber,Usagi Yojimbo,all Valiant,Walking Dead,Wayward,Wicked & Divine.

Spectacular Member

Yeah to be honest the other chart that was posted earlier felt kinda short and incomplete compared to the one I just posted.

Mighty Member

One thing of note on that chart is that articles/headlines from the left propaganda sites do not get anywhere near the traction/views/audience and stuff from the propaganda right.

Also, I don't know how Red State is now, I haven't looked at it in a bit, but for a while they seemed pretty balanced, at least as far as writers who toed Trump's line and conservative writers who didn't like him, NeverTrumpers or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    I think the people who made this are tried to make it look more balanced in an effort to shy away from being called biased.
    There is an acknowledged distinction between Fox's reporting and their opinion shows.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Royal Castle of Atlantica, High Court of Terra

For the most part, trying to just a single News Source/Service/Media is like making assumptions about everyone who lives in the same community (Town, City, etc.)

Some sources are blatantly consistent. Fox may be considered Conservative, but even they have some genuine Journalists on staff. MSNBC may be thought of as Liberal, however there are conservative journalists on staff, as well as frequent Conservative commentators and panelists.

Same for many other sources. I'd prefer to see a chart that doesn't rank sources, but instead ranks individual Journalists, news anchors, commentators, programs, columnists, and so on.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.
    DBM: Meagan/Cyanna/Dash/Mirror Mage

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    For the most part, trying to just a single News Source/Service/Media is like making assumptions about everyone who lives in the same community (Town, City, etc.)

Some sources are blatantly consistent. Fox may be considered Conservative, but even they have some genuine Journalists on staff. MSNBC may be thought of as Liberal, however there are conservative journalists on staff, as well as frequent Conservative commentators and panelists.

Same for many other sources. I'd prefer to see a chart that doesn't rank sources, but instead ranks individual Journalists, news anchors, commentators, programs, columnists, and so on.
    ^ You know that is actually a very good point. Like take for example, Charles M Blow.