Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    Snopes is good. My first stop whenever I'm doubtful of a "fact" quoted on the internet - but they did falsely try to claim that Mr Ed was a zebra.
    Oddly, many on the right and a lot of Greens that show up on my fb feed seem vehemently anti-Snopes and Politifact.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    America is much further right than most of Europe. BBC is probably left in American discourse
    I know America is way to the right, but there's this theory that the BBC is supposed to be strictly unbiased. Not towards the left, the right or the centre.

I know in reality, that's not really possible. Even if you write the stories purely from facts rather than opinion (which I think they do quite well), you still have to choose which stories to write and which ones to flag as "top stories" so the bias still creeps in.

It just amuses me to see the source people complain about being too right wing being listed as "left leaning".

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    Oddly, many on the right and a lot of Greens that show up on my fb feed seem vehemently anti-Snopes and Politifact.
    I've not heard of Politifact - but what is their issue with Snopes?

I've not heard of Politifact - but what is their issue with Snopes?
    They're not at odds with Snopes, many Greens and Republicans are against them both. Politifact analyzes things political figures say and judges how truthful they are being. Many have criticized them as being liberal because they judge Republicans more harshly, but if they lie and are shifty more frequently than Democrats, the results will match their findings, no?
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

They're not at odds with Snopes, many Greens and Republicans are against them both.
    That's what I meant. My post was clumsily worded.

Politifact analyzes things political figures say and judges how truthful they are being. Many have criticized them as being liberal because they judge Republicans more harshly, but if they lie and are shifty more frequently than Democrats, the results will match their findings, no?
    Exactly.

Extraordinary Member

I know America is way to the right, but there's this theory that the BBC is supposed to be strictly unbiased. Not towards the left, the right or the centre.

I know in reality, that's not really possible. Even if you write the stories purely from facts rather than opinion (which I think they do quite well), you still have to choose which stories to write and which ones to flag as "top stories" so the bias still creeps in.

It just amuses me to see the source people complain about being too right wing being listed as "left leaning".
    The thing you have to realize is that in America the primary right wing outlet is blatant misleading propaganda that will ignore or spin stories it doesn’t like

BANNED

Again are there are any major far-left sources that would be closest to "Garbage Level" on the chart?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Fomble View Post
    Again are there are any major far-left sources that would be closest to "Garbage Level" on the chart?
    HuffPost is right on the life of that chart. That’s probably the biggest outlet there

Mighty Member

No there is not. Nothing even close.

BANNED

What is the blue, circular one just above Infowars?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I don't know. Maybe it's whitehouse.gov

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Judicial Watch.

They're big on using FOIA requests to investigate misconduct, although they've made some big allegations that turned out to be untrue, about violence at George Zimmerman protests, Isis training camps in Mexico, Nancy Pelosi's air travel spending, and taxpayer money going to billboards depicting Trump as a Nazi.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Judicial Watch.

They're big on using FOIA requests to investigate misconduct, although they've made some big allegations that turned out to be untrue, about violence at George Zimmerman protests, Isis training camps in Mexico, Nancy Pelosi's air travel spending, and taxpayer money going to billboards depicting Trump as a Nazi.
    Oh yeah, as soon as I see the name Judicial Watch on something, I know it's partisan garbage of the highest order.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Judicial Watch.

Thanks.

They sound like very nice people...

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    No there is not. Nothing even close.
    C'mon, there's gotta be one out there. We ALL know both sides are just as bad!