Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    Introspection is never a strong suit with people like this. They often put a much higher moral emphasis on the 'sins' that other people commit than the ones they themselves are guilty of. Any bad behavior they are guilty of pales in comparison to that of others. Their ability to rationalize the indefensible seems to have been cultivated from a very young age. I've always found it odd how very few people who claim to be Christians actually make even the slightest effort to remain abstinent until marriage, are pro death penalty, vehemently support turning away foreigners seeking asylum, etc.
    That's because, for most people, religion is just a security blanket. They treat it like a light switch. On when they really need it. Off most of the time and never introspective about their own behavior because it's just there to comfort them.
    Power with Girl is better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    That's because, for most people, religion is just a security blanket. They treat it like a light switch. On when they really need it. Off most of the time and never introspective about their own behavior because it's just there to comfort them.
    Even as someone of a Christian background myself, you might be right, but religion is more than just comfort, it's to give me a sense of purpose in life.

Again, did anyone read the article I posted?

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    When a person make a big show about his being righteous, you should be suspicious of him.
    These people seek praise or to be thought as a "good" person. They never heard of "deeds not words". Christian scolds are not fooling anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    99% of the time it gives them their justification to hate/discriminate on those they don't like. The Evangelical Christian Death Cults are all perfect example of hating because Jesus said so. Without their hate (enemies) they would turn on each other.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    These people seek praise or to be thought as a "good" person. They never heard of "deeds not words". Christian scolds are not fooling anybody.

99% of the time it gives them their justification to hate/discriminate on those they don't like. The Evangelical Christian Death Cults are all perfect example of hating because Jesus said so. Without their hate (enemies) they would turn on each other.
    What of other groups than Christians?