Boisterously Confused

Default A rant about the randomness of DC's digital back issues.

Unquestionably, there's some (okay, lotsa) First World "Waaaa" in what comes next. But durnit DC! Get it together!

If we look at all the innovations that have ever happened in comics, you are the greatest comics company in America. Now, in the new century, with a new medium of delivery, You Are Dropping The Ball!

Your Main Competitor, to support a movie with one its b-list characters, made sure to get every back issue of that character (all three incarnations of Ant-Man) into digital release. Even the really terrible stuff.

You, DC? You got holes all over the place. Seminal issues, like Luthor's assault on Superman with The Powerstone, probably the first time Supes ever got his glutes handed to him, missing. Two-part issues, like The Libra/Amazo JL story, chopped in half. Episodic arcs of all your Consistent Big 7 characters looking more like Swiss Cheese than stories. Some of your most popular crossovers (JL/JS, Legends) missing key issues outside of the collected editions.

DC, you ARE the comics publisher with Deep History. Act like it. Chumps like me will pay for it; get your archives on digital.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

As someone who has bought hundreds of digital comic books in recent years, I'm totally with you.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Maybe it's a question of how difficult it is for DC to get quality copies of some issues/stories to translate into an acceptable digital version?

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Maybe it's a question of how difficult it is for DC to get quality copies of some issues/stories to translate into an acceptable digital version?
    As they have an almost complete run of All-Star Comics, with only a few key issues missing, I have a hard time buying that.

I couldn't agree more. If you look online on Comixology, and check out Action Comics, you'll see issue 105... and the next consecutive issue is 252.

marvel's digital catalog IS better, no question. though they as well have some notable gaps in runs i've been waiting on.

i would love to see dc pump out more of their back catalog. particularly, i've been waiting on some 90s gems like the complete connor hawke green arrow stuff, and hourman.