Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Bond was retroactively made Scottish in Flemings penultimate novel as a homage to Connery's portrayal. Prior to that it was just assumed that Bond was British proper.
    That means he's been Scottish/Swiss since before George Lazenby was cast.

Quote Originally Posted by TomServofan View Post
    NO, Bond was always white! make your own goddamn original movie you idiots.
    I agree with your general point, though not your childish and pointless anger. Bond would always be portrayed by a white actor if I had my way. I don't put white characters up on a pedestal as something that us "lowly" non-whites can one day get the "great honor" of playing. I'd rather some of the great black (if we're talking casting Elba) literary characters that haven't yet been adapted to the big screen get some love.
    Last edited by G. Boney; 08-13-2018 at 06:50 PM.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Incredible Member

I'd like to see Elba as the Doctor. He'd be great at it where skin color (and now gender) wouldn't be an issue and it's another iconic British character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    I'd like to see Elba as the Doctor. He'd be great at it where skin color (and now gender) wouldn't be an issue and it's another iconic British character.
    Would be cool, but I think Eldra might be a bit beyond the BBC's budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    He still works with the BBC on Luther. He actually works on a lot things that don't pay that well.
    Snowflakes melt in flame wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    He still works with the BBC on Luther. He actually works on a lot things that don't pay that well.
    Snowflakes melt in flame wars.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I wish Elba was in his 30's and could do the role for 10-15 years once Craig does finish. Honestly he's a great actor and would nail Bond. It shouldn't matter if Bond is black or white at all. As long as the actor is good and works.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

Isn't Elba dismissing this as just a rumor? Anyway I think he'd make a great secret agent movie it doesn't have to be Bond. Maybe they can make a new character. Craig definitely wasn't all that as Bond imo good actor not a good Bond.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I don't care who plays Bond next except I'd like to see to tone to be more like it was before Craig I miss old school Bond.
    "Spectre" was in quite a few ways a sort of more classically-styled Bond; Craig was more quippy than usual, Hinx was basically a new Oddjob/Jaws (complete with near total silence) and Bond got a proper gadget car again (although one that wasn't quite ready yet).

Plus the fancy hidden lair and many other visual references to past Bond films.

"Skyfall" also did this a bit but sort of still had some of the edge of the earlier Craig's, especially the parts with Silva/Bardem.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

They threw money at Spectre and it was still crap. Skyfall had the best balance between the classic Bond style and the post-Brosnan grit, imo, but Mendes failed to duplicate the formula for its follow up.

Boyle is a good director, but I worry what direction he'll take the franchise in - I don't want gimmicky plot-twists, I want genuine tension and good fight choreography, and I'm not sure if Boyle will be content with focusing on simply making a 'solid' Bond film.

Double Doh! seven
    Last edited by Panic; 08-14-2018 at 10:10 AM. Reason: double post bug

I'd rather prefer someone younger.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

How about creating a new black spy character instead of leeching off of a white characters legacy?

Also Elba is probably too old. At the most you would probably be able to get two movies before having to recast, and that would also depend on how soon Eon could get another Bond movie into production after Craig's next Bond film.

There were actually initial plans for a Jinx movie at one point: https://ew.com/article/2003/10/27/mg...-jinx-spinoff/
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    There were actually initial plans for a Jinx movie at one point: https://ew.com/article/2003/10/27/mg...-jinx-spinoff/
    They really dodged a bullet there.