Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Default Death of Inhumans #2 (spoilers and discussion)

- Issue begins with Crystal at New Arctilan. She's crying holding what appears to be what's left of Lockjaw (his tuning fork)

- Blackbolt sends Karnak to Hala (or what's left of it) to parley with the Kree

- The Kree commander is very dismissive and will only entertain talk of Blackbolt's surrender

- Karnak clarifies he didn't come to discuss any surrender. The Kree unleash VOX!

- Vox takes down Karnak pretty quickly and stabs him in his gut

- Blackbolt comes in and (in a rather violent and gruesome sequence) uses his voice to blow the Kree to pieces. Literally.

- The Kree bring out their tanks and airships but Blackbolt blasts them to smithereens.

- Blackbolt kills all the Kree soldiers until he sees Vox holding a knife to Karnak's neck.

- The issue ends with Vox teleporting behind and slitting Blackbolt's throat.

This series is all kinds of awesome. Donny Cates is definitely Marvel's MVP. I just hope Blackbolt doesn't die at the end of all this...

Vox from Initiative??

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Vox from Initiative??
    Nope, Vox...a kree killing machine the likes we've never seen!

(i'm purposely being dramatic).

Although there are some slight similarities in their mask design...
    Last edited by Username taken; 08-02-2018 at 09:36 AM.

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

I thought getting his throat cut would kill Black Bolt, you think he will be OK?
    Baby Thanos

The solicitations for the next two chapters suggest he is fine but legitimately can't talk now. For the first time ever Black Bolt might be really mute.

Cates a losing me just a touch here

1. Why send Karnak like this? why not have BB show up himself?

2. Vox seems to have every power in the world

3. Black Bolt's voice gets more and more nerfed everytime he shows up. Remember when this dude was afraid to whisper because he'd shatter mountains? Now he screams constantly

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    The solicitations for the next two chapters suggest he is fine but legitimately can't talk now. For the first time ever Black Bolt might be really mute.
    This is like what... 5th time he's "lost" his voice powers sense the Inhuman push?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Cates a losing me just a touch here

1. Why send Karnak like this? why not have BB show up himself?

2. Vox seems to have every power in the world

3. Black Bolt's voice gets more and more nerfed everytime he shows up. Remember when this dude was afraid to whisper because he'd shatter mountains? Now he screams constantly

This is like what... 5th time he's "lost" his voice powers sense the Inhuman push?
    1. The Karnak thing really bothered me because felt like he was only there to be a hostage. I feel the better route would be to have him as a distraction so they wouldn't notice BB until it was too late. Him just being there to mock the kree with seemingly no plan is dumb

2. Vox definitely has more than a few powers. The biggest clues being in the 1st chapter when the narration said he had "almost all of their Inhuman abilities from birth". He also speaks in using we when speaking of himself but the kree guy did too so....

3. It's weird that his voice his so nerfed this chapter when a whisper let him push a ship FTL last chapter. It's said narration even the solications for this series the Black Bolt is at least a planet breaker. Yet thousands of words from him couldn't finish of an already destroyed Hala. Was he holding back to finish the list? Probably the weakest he has been during the entire Inhuman push maybe ever.

4. Writers love taking away his voice because they really don't feel like writing around it and you can only nerf it so much. I just hope Cates doesn't forget his power powers. Soule did that all the time in Uncanny Inhumans. I think Ahmed is the only person to remember he has powers besides the voice.

So far this series has just been pages of narration. Doesnt make for an engaging read.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

BANNED

I think the reason Black Bolt sent Karnak ahead of him was given his powers of predicting the enemy's move, then I can see why he would be able to find a way out of this before anyone blood is shed.

I apologize, I already wrote my thoughts in the main BB thread. I personally love this series.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post
    I personally love this series.
    It's been a great read so far. Love how brutal Vox is and I like that it's re-establishing the Kree as a serious threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    It's been a great read so far. Love how brutal Vox is and I like that it's re-establishing the Kree as a serious threat.
    I very much like that too!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Exactly.

The Kree are right proper bastards in this.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Exactly.

The Kree are right proper bastards in this.
    They are the Extreme Intelligence, It's in their name.

I think im suppose to care, but given the no build up, and how disconnected this series seems from the last 2 or so years that came before, i don't. It just comes off like a lazy culling. Its a shame really that after one of Marvel best and most creative series in years, Black Bolt, this is what comes next. No wonder the Inhumans aren't taking off.