Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Every Hero's Romantic History

I'm a completist, and a big part of a character's history through the years is the people they've fallen for. I started another thread long ago called Batman's Entire Romantic History, and that was a lot of fun to compile. So over time I've done it to other heroes, on my own.

Rather than wasting space on here, you can find my OCD chroniclings at characterromance.fandom.com. But I have a few questions.

First question: It's kind of traditional to think of Jimmy Olsen and Supergirl as having some sort of thing, especially in adaptations: Smallville, Supergirl. He even showed up in the Supergirl movie. Does that have any basis in the comics, I mean for the Kara/Linda Lee version?
    Last edited by Slimybug; 09-27-2020 at 07:53 PM.

DC, at least since Rebirth, has barely had Jimmy in it in any capacity beyond a couple panels here and there. And in Supergirl's Rebirth comic, by the end of it she had just started dating a boy from her high school.

Incredible Member

I asked this in another thread, but is there anything between Power Girl and Wildcat? I read once that he may harbor an attraction to her, and one issue of JSA Confidential had Clayface imitating him hitting on her.

Quote Originally Posted by Slimybug View Post
    I asked this in another thread, but is there anything between Power Girl and Wildcat? I read once that he may harbor an attraction to her, and one issue of JSA Confidential had Clayface imitating him hitting on her.
    Wildcat had a thing with Catwoman/Selina Kyle. He helped train her when she was younger teaching her boxing and recognized her knack for whips so he taught her how to use one. Their relationship was shown to be flirtatious in John/Goyer JSA where he is trying to have a sex chat with her over the phone before Injustice Society attacked headquarters and Ted had to protect the place while stuck in a towel. Then in JSA: Classified they teamed up for a bit and while the relationship remains professional and one between mentor/student, he does mention a few times how unbearably attractive she is.

I don't recall anything between Power Girl and Wildcat. They butted heads but it was usually an old guard vs new guard kind of thing. Connor and Palmiotti tried to hint at some UST between PG and Dr. Mid-nite (Pieter Cross), first in the PG mini Connor and Johns did then in the PG ongoing she and Palmiotti did.

Incredible Member

wildcat has a thing with catwoman and hippolyta but not pg that i recalled.

Incredible Member

I know I already asked this elswhere, but is there supposed to be anything between Captain Marvel Jr. and Mary Marvel? Kingdom Come shows them married with a kid, but other comcis feature him calling her "sis."

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

He was kind of an old school man's man and that rubbed PG the wrong way. There was never anything between them beyond that, and he kind of found her annoying to a degree.

He probably did find her attractive physically, but pretty much all superheroes are. I wouldn't read much into it.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Wildcat had a thing with Catwoman/Selina Kyle. He helped train her when she was younger teaching her boxing and recognized her knack for whips so he taught her how to use one. Their relationship was shown to be flirtatious in John/Goyer JSA where he is trying to have a sex chat with her over the phone before Injustice Society attacked headquarters and Ted had to protect the place while stuck in a towel. Then in JSA: Classified they teamed up for a bit and while the relationship remains professional and one between mentor/student, he does mention a few times how unbearably attractive she is.

I don't recall anything between Power Girl and Wildcat. They butted heads but it was usually an old guard vs new guard kind of thing. Connor and Palmiotti tried to hint at some UST between PG and Dr. Mid-nite (Pieter Cross), first in the PG mini Connor and Johns did then in the PG ongoing she and Palmiotti did.
    Finally, someone else who saw that seed planted with Doc Mid-Nite. All these years I thought I was the only one.

I know I already asked this elswhere, but is there supposed to be anything between Captain Marvel Jr. and Mary Marvel? Kingdom Come shows them married with a kid, but other comcis feature him calling her "sis."
    Reading the first volume of the Ordway 90s series, yeah Freddy and Mary are definitely attracted to one another. Though I haven’t read the whole series so I can’t say if it ever goes anywhere.

Incredible Member

What has Firestorm and Firehawk's relationship been through the years? I just re-read Crisis on Infinite Earths, and she calls him "lover," so were they actively dating at that time?

There was a spark of interest with Supergirl and Jimmy in one or two comics in the Silver Age but it didn't go anywhere. There's an Imaginary Story where they got married too.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    He was kind of an old school man's man and that rubbed PG the wrong way. There was never anything between them beyond that, and he kind of found her annoying to a degree.

He probably did find her attractive physically, but pretty much all superheroes are. I wouldn't read much into it.

Finally, someone else who saw that seed planted with Doc Mid-Nite. All these years I thought I was the only one.
    Wildcat and PG as said never had a romantic relationship, nor did they seem to ever desire it, and they did annoy one another, (guess who always got the better of that), but they also did seem to secretly be fond of one another. Though not in any romantic way. Just friends who annoy one another.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Wildcat and PG as said never had a romantic relationship, nor did they seem to ever desire it, and they did annoy one another, (guess who always got the better of that), but they also did seem to secretly be fond of one another. Though not in any romantic way. Just friends who annoy one another.
    Yeah, I got the mutual respect but wouldn't hang out together vibe. There was that isssue of them evading the second Crimson Avenger together. But romance? Pah. Never between those two.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, I got the mutual respect but wouldn't hang out together vibe. There was that isssue of them evading the second Crimson Avenger together. But romance? Pah. Never between those two.
    AFAIK, her actual romantic partners include a number of unnamed normal humans, (it typically never goes anywhere for comedic effect as she scares them all off), Hal, Aquaman, (on her part, not his), Hawkman, (a flashback one panel kiss with more implied), Val, (if you want to be completist about it and include the nu52), nu52 Mr. Terrific...and that's it AFAIK. Did I miss anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    AFAIK, her actual romantic partners include a number of unnamed normal humans, (it typically never goes anywhere for comedic effect as she scares them all off), Hal, Aquaman, (on her part, not his), Hawkman, (a flashback one panel kiss with more implied), Val, (if you want to be completist about it and include the nu52), nu52 Mr. Terrific...and that's it AFAIK. Did I miss anyone?
    You got most that I can recall. As mentioned above, I do think Jimmy/Amanda were setting up Doc Mid-Nite before they cut their run short but other than that, she basically just keeps it casual and enjoys being single. Frankly, her New 52 relationships seemed really rushed/non-committal (Val quickly picked up and dropped, Michael the same) so she's mostly just living the solo life.

My memory may be fuzzy but I think something was going on with her and Will Peyton at the end of his Starman run? She seemed attracted to Dick Grayson in Power Girl #17, noting she "digs me some Dick Grayson in the kevlar pajamas" and they had some great chemistry in that issue. Beyond that, overall she doesn't have any long-term love interests.

And so I don't get thrown out of the cult... Have you heard today about our Lord and Savior, PowerWing? Would you like a Fresca?
    Screenshot-46-1024x420.jpg
    Last edited by Robanker; 10-05-2020 at 04:27 PM.

Extraordinary Member

You got most that I can recall. As mentioned above, I do think Jimmy/Amanda were setting up Doc Mid-Nite before they cut their run short but other than that, she basically just keeps it casual and enjoys being single. Frankly, her New 52 relationships seemed really rushed/non-committal (Val quickly picked up and dropped, Michael the same) so she's mostly just living the solo life.

My memory may be fuzzy but I think something was going on with her and Will Peyton at the end of his Starman run? She seemed attracted to Dick Grayson in Power Girl #17, noting she "digs me some Dick Grayson in the kevlar pajamas" and they had some great chemistry in that issue. Beyond that, overall she doesn't have any long-term love interests.

And so I don't get thrown out of the cult... Have you heard today about our Lord and Savior, PowerWing? Would you like a Fresca?
    Screenshot-46-1024x420.jpg
    I think you're right about Peyton, now that you mention it. I still don't recall the details, but I did get that feeling when I read it about ten years ago...so my memory on it isn't that great. I suppose you might mention Vartox, but I'd prefer you didn't... Oh, and PG herself mentioned that a Crimson Fox, (she didn't mention which), was checking her out. So there's that.

As for Dick Grayson...I just get the feel that every superheroine below a certain Wonder Woman age probably also very much likes that...