Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Wally West was a horndog before he settled down with Linda.
    Yep. The really weird move 'em in to his place real quick. Then they'd leave. But he was cheating on at least some of them, so that made sense. At least, that's I remember it; but I could be misremembering. Sleeping around would be normal, but moving in odd. But maybe they were just sleeping over and wrongly took it they were living there? Well, except Tina, who definitely moved in. But I liked her and her husband, once he was sane again.

Incredible Member

I find it interesting, all the inter-superhero romances that were invented for adaptations, having no place in the comics

Arrow: Green Arrow & Huntress

Supergirl: J'onn J'onzz & Miss Martian

Young Justice: Dick & Zatanna

Titans: Dick & Dawn, and Donna & Garth

Batman and Zatanna was also originally portrayed on Batman: The Animated Series, before it became comics canon ages later. Plus, Lois Lane had flings with both Aquaman and Green Arrow on Smallville!

Smallville wasn't the first time Lois got it on with those two:

A12SO165cmL.jpg

Lois and Bruce also dated in the DCAU and in a kooky Silver Age story:

img_5f3fd7873571d.jpg

Clark and Barbara Gordon dated in the Bronze Age back when Barbara was Congresswoman:

01-08-2007 10;21;54PM.JPG

I find the lack of Wonder Woman/Lois Lane romance disappointing.

For romances that were in adaptations but never made it to the comics:

Jonah Hex and Lashina in Batman: Brave and the Bold.

John Stewart and Hawkgirl in JLU.

John Stewart and Vixen in JLU.

B'wana Beast and Vixen in Brave and the Bold.

Batman and Huntress/Helena Bertinelli in Brave and the Bold (wearing Helena Wayne's costume no less ewwww).

Almost all of Wally's romances in animation: Wally/Fire, Wally/Giganta, Wally/Jinx, Wally/Artemis.

Incredible Member

I didn't realize Batgirl and Blue Beetle had a thing.

batgirl.jpg

I wonder who the someone she was getting serious with was.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I find the lack of Wonder Woman/Lois Lane romance disappointing.
    Lois and Clark are such a foregone conclusion that I just don't buy her with anyone else. Even in Bombshells where basically all the women are bi or gay, when Supergirl and Lois are revealed to be together I was like "... seriously? Why? Because she has the powers? That's not a good look for Lois." Her and Clark are so devoted to one another that even in elseworlds I'm kind of like "yeeaaah I don't buy it."

Quote Originally Posted by Slimybug View Post
    I didn't realize Batgirl and Blue Beetle had a thing.

batgirl.jpg

I wonder who the someone she was getting serious with was.
    Dick Grayson. This was when they were dating in the Dixon era. They dated non-exclusively for a while. She was also seeing Ted and he was seeing Bridget Clancy (manager of his apartment building). I want to say he cut things off with Clancy nearly a a year (by publish date) before Barbara did with Ted. Clancy was more emotionally invested, though, and sad about it, though she pretended to be fine. In a later issue of Robin, Ted and Tim wound up in Clancy's place fighting baddies. Clancy and Ted flirted a bit and and talked about setting up a date. Nothing came of it, though.

Barbara, of course, dated Jason Bard back pre-COIE, and he was brought back (in vastly inferior form, IMO) for New 52. Also dated a single dad shortly after her stint in congress.

Also recently saw Jimmy had (at least) a flirtation with Mira, daughter of the Hairies, Jude and Lucy Diamond Sky in the 1990s. Which was weird to me. She had accelerated aging, of course, since as I recall, in the 1970s Jude was similar (appearing) to Jimmy in age. But Cadmus and their projects often were aged such. I have to admit it, the Hairies didn't do much for me, and neither did she.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 01-03-2021 at 03:22 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Dick Grayson. This was when they were dating in the Dixon era. They dated non-exclusively for a while. She was also seeing Ted and he was seeing Bridget Clancy (manager of his apartment building). I want to say he cut things off with Clancy nearly a a year (by publish date) before Barbara did with Ted. Clancy was more emotionally invested, though, and sad about it, though she pretended to be fine. In a later issue of Robin, Ted and Tim wound up in Clancy's place fighting baddies. Clancy and Ted flirted a bit and and talked about setting up a date. Nothing came of it, though.

Barbara, of course, dated Jason Bard back pre-COIE, and he was brought back (in vastly inferior form, IMO) for New 52. Also dated a single dad shortly after her stint in congress.

Also recently saw Jimmy had (at least) a flirtation with Mira, daughter of the Hairies, Jude and Lucy Diamond Sky in the 1990s. Which was weird to me. She had accelerated aging, of course, since as I recall, in the 1970s Jude was similar (appearing) to Jimmy in age. But Cadmus and their projects often were aged such. I have to admit it, the Hairies didn't do much for me, and neither did she.
    I think it’s because post-crisis they left many of Jimmy’s Bronze Age supporting characters as staying in their original timeframe. What with the hippie Harries, the biker gang Outsiders and other Cadmus things to early 1970s. While Jimmy himself was rebooted.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I think it’s because post-crisis they left many of Jimmy’s Bronze Age supporting characters as staying in their original timeframe. What with the hippie Harries, the biker gang Outsiders and other Cadmus things to early 1970s. While Jimmy himself was rebooted.
    True. Rather like Supergirl, he never really gets to be as old as he should be. Well, to be fair, that happens to everyone, and at least he doesn't get continually moved down generations like she (or Raven or Gar) does. I do think his origin (a child working at the DP per radio series, and even golden age, though with less relationship with Clark in comics of the era than in the radio show) can be troublesome in that regard, as it takes finagling to work in the present day. But still, even using silver and bronze ages where he's older, he's the "kid" (in a non-child sense) of the place and DC doesn't want to seem to let him out of that role, whenever they bother to use him.

For the sake of this thread, he's had several zany, brief, silver-age romances. And he had a few more in bronze and post-COIE years. I've tried asking if people like any of them, but no one seems to care. I've seen some think no one should think him sexy, and he should be universe's buttmonkey forever. I guess Lucy's the only one that had much longevity, but it ended badly in pre-COIE, and from what I've read handling was more insulting towards Jimmy post-COIE, too (though I haven't read much of that romance). Still, guess at least he didn't end up with an erased kid, like so many others did. Still wonder what would have happened if they'd actually gotten married, as I heard was planned.

Extraordinary Member

I liked Jimmy with the female Forager.

That bug woman he slept with in Countdown?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Dick Grayson. This was when they were dating in the Dixon era. They dated non-exclusively for a while. She was also seeing Ted and he was seeing Bridget Clancy (manager of his apartment building).
    Were they actually "seeing" each other? I didn't realize that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    For Wonder Woman ones I think of from her own book:
    Steve Trevor
    Michael Bailey
    Kieth Giggs
    Rama
    Trevor Barnes
    Tom Tressor/Nemesis
    Kalsa

Other heroes she's been treated as arm candy for or in a relationship with:
    Superman (Injustice, Kingdom Come, New 52, Miller's DKR universe, Red Son, etc)
    Batman (Bruce Timm's head, some issues from Joe Kelley's Justice League run, Tom King's "Superfriends" arc from his Batman run, etc)
    Aquaman (Flashpoint, some issues of Grant Morrison's Justice League run)
    Orion (New 52)
    all these love interests is pretty ridiculous, I doubt there is another character who have such a long list as WW.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    all these love interests is pretty ridiculous, I doubt there is another character who have such a long list as WW.
    You did see Batman’s list, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    You did see Batman’s list, right?
    yeah batman too, but Diana an amazon not so keen about man.... looks like some nymphomaniac

too much