Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    You've clearly yet to discover the series 'Superman's Girl Friend Lois Lane'. Lois, Clarke and Bruce have Wondie beat
    What about Silver Age Kara? I know she gets some guff for absurdity (the man-horse), but am uncertain on how many there were.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Lois and Clark are such a foregone conclusion that I just don't buy her with anyone else. Even in Bombshells where basically all the women are bi or gay, when Supergirl and Lois are revealed to be together I was like "... seriously? Why? Because she has the powers? That's not a good look for Lois." Her and Clark are so devoted to one another that even in elseworlds I'm kind of like "yeeaaah I don't buy it."
    That's interesting. Any other pair-ups in Bombshells?

Also, did Harley and Ivy ever get together like in the TV show? The most I know that they ever humored the fan-shipping was a single panel where they're celebrating her birthday, and Ivy gives her a big kiss, with her hand on her ass. Not sure the issue, though, that would be good to know.

For me Superman is easy to buy with someone else. But he's had a lot of other love interests through the years. That's not something more recent/modern fans have really experienced, but older ones or delvers of older materials have. But it is indeed hard to see Lois with anyone but Clark. Because she simply has not had any other serious romantic interests, regardless what era you're from. Not outside of Silver Age jokey stuff. Could it be done? Maybe. Any writer would have a tougher go of it than doing it with Superman, but you could try with effort, and by effort I don't mean Jonathan Carroll type effort.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-05-2021 at 12:32 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Incredible Member

https://www.cbr.com/nightwing-romances-true-fans-know/

This article gives a weird final entry on Dick and Catwoman having been an item before, without offering any specific examples. I'm only aware of one issue where she playfully kissed him. There hasn't been anymore, has there? I mean, ew.

Here's what I have on Dick:

https://characterromance.fandom.com/wiki/Dick_Grayson

Does anyone have any specific issues or timeframes for some of his New 52 relationships? Was Sonia Branch just New 52 or was she pre-Flashpoint as well?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

Almost all of Wally's romances in animation: Wally/Fire, Wally/Giganta, Wally/Jinx, Wally/Artemis.
    I take it Wally/Fire is from the DCAU, Jinx is from TT, and Artemis is from Young Justice? But when was there a thing with Giganta?
    Last edited by Slimybug; 01-08-2021 at 04:45 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slimybug View Post
    But when was there a thing with Giganta?
    In the last episode of JLU, Giganta gives Wally a kiss before she runs off with the rest of the villains at the end. And in a tie-in comic based (at least) loosely on the DCAU, I believe there was an issue centered around her crush on him.

https://www.cbr.com/nightwing-romances-true-fans-know/

This article gives a weird final entry on Dick and Catwoman having been an item before, without offering any specific examples. I'm only aware of one issue where she playfully kissed him. There hasn't been anymore, has there? I mean, ew.

Here's what I have on Dick:

https://characterromance.fandom.com/wiki/Dick_Grayson

Does anyone have any specific issues or timeframes for some of his New 52 relationships? Was Sonia Branch just New 52 or was she pre-Flashpoint as well?
    They were also paired up in an episode of The New Batman Adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They were also paired up in an episode of The New Batman Adventures.
    There was also 'Crimes of Passion' cover, not sure if the romance happened in the book itself but the cover seems to be a joke:

Batman-2-1.jpg

But yeah, it was just some flirting in Nightwing #51, the 'You Scratch My Back' ep of TNBA and the above cover.

Incredible Member

Been reading Justice Society of America vol 3 and JSA All-Stars, bringing up some interesting ideas. There's Cyclone and King Chimera, and Stargirl and Atom Smasher, but they also hint at Lightning and Mr. America, which is super creepy since she's a teenager and he's gotta be in his thirties, being a veteran FBI agent.

Also, there's one exchange between Power Girl and Sand that leads me to believe the writer shipped them, although I don't think it went anywhere. PG is a character who's never had much in the romance department, it'd be interesting to see her with a real love affair in the superhero community.

Extraordinary Member

Been reading Justice Society of America vol 3 and JSA All-Stars, bringing up some interesting ideas. There's Cyclone and King Chimera, and Stargirl and Atom Smasher, but they also hint at Lightning and Mr. America, which is super creepy since she's a teenager and he's gotta be in his thirties, being a veteran FBI agent.

Also, there's one exchange between Power Girl and Sand that leads me to believe the writer shipped them, although I don't think it went anywhere. PG is a character who's never had much in the romance department, it'd be interesting to see her with a real love affair in the superhero community.
    I always thought Jakeem was crushing on Lightning, and it was hinting toward them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    There's no reason an Amazon shouldn't be attracted to men and she's no more a nymphomaniac than all the male characters who have lists as long as your arm. Serious double-standard, it seems like. She dates. Now, I like her with Steve, long-term. But for various reasons, that didn't work out. So, just like single male characters, she dated. Nothing wrong with that, even if I don't find it engaging. I don't like the "player" version of Diana on Themyscira, myself (partially because it makes me think of Zeus I hate her being Zeus' daughter), but that's a thing, too.
    I mean, the amazons must at least be bisexual if not plain gay since they choose to stay on an island for 3000 years without any men. A straight woman not interested in women would probably choose to leave Paradise Island after a while. Being without romantic companionship for 3000 is pretty rough. But Diana isn't like any other amazon. That's the whole point of her coming to Man's World. So I can totally see why she would be interested in men women and anything else.

If an Amazon left Paradise Island thought they lose their immortality.
    I like men, but would I give up my family, friends and home - especially when home is Paradise - and immortality just for a chance at finding a good man? That's a lot to give up.

That's why I prefer versions where she can come back to Paradise Island and her mission is out of a sense of duty and sacrifice to protect the world.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    If an Amazon left Paradise Island thought they lose their immortality.
    I like men, but would I give up my family, friends and home - especially when home is Paradise - and immortality just for a chance at finding a good man? That's a lot to give up.
    Living 3000 years without ever having another person grab your body and kiss it? Without romance and passion? There are a lot more things in life, but I think it would be torturous to live 36 lifetimes without ever experiencing that, specially as a woman in your prime for all of it, peak physical shape. Heck, even very old widows in their senior years often look for sex, and that's just within a single lifetime and after their bodies are much weaker and the act itself is more difficult.
    Last edited by Alpha; 05-02-2021 at 06:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    That's why I prefer versions where she can come back to Paradise Island and her mission is out of a sense of duty and sacrifice to protect the world.
    I don't think it should be a sacrifice. A duty, to a degree. But an adventure and something she wants to do, not feels like she has to do. Something fun and exciting. Not without its tradeoffis, of course, but I find "sacrifice" far too big a word. Which is another reason for her to be able to come back and visit her loved ones, IMO. But I do feel like she makes a new home when she leaves, and I don't want more than 20% of her adventures to involve other Amazons or her going back to her birth home (largely because I prefer the pseudo-real-world stories, but also somewhat because there's difficulty in having stories there without having things go very wrong there, which I am very tired of).

I do like her being able to come back to her birth home, but I do like her aging off-island (as she seemed to do back pre-COIE, though I admit, I'm unsure if that was just introduced with Earth 2 was).

Living 3000 years without ever having another person grab your body and kiss it? Without romance and passion? There are a lot more things in life, but I think it would be torturous to live 36 lifetimes without ever experiencing that, specially as a woman in your prime for all of it, peak physical shape. Heck, even very old widows in their senior years often look for sex, and that's just within a single lifetime and after their bodies are much weaker and the act itself is more difficult.
    A lot of people are really a fan of all Amazons being at least bisexual, with some advocating lesbian-only. I think I prefer more of a mix, though admittedly with more female/female attraction that the world population at large, just so a large portion of the Amazons aren't going without sex with people they are sexually attracted to due to a lack of men.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 05-02-2021 at 07:35 AM.