BANNED

Default Multiple Man #3 (Preview)

https://graphicpolicy.com/2018/08/09...ultiple-man-3/

Multiple Man (2018) #3 (of 5)
    BECAUSE WE'RE IN THE FUTURE! Jamie Madrox — the X-Man you tell people is your favorite to seem cool — is trapped and his allies are dropping like flies! With the enemy closing in, Jamie has time to make one last desperate move… But he'll need Forge's help to evade a familiar new villain that threatens the future, the present and the past of the Marvel Universe!

BANNED

BANNED

Fantastic Member

Super happy with this mini so far. Holding out hope that it leads to some new X-Factor.

I'm really enjoying this mini. It's one of the X-comics that I look forward to the most right now.

Incredible Member

It just hit me how this whole mess is going to end:
    spoilers:
    after the conversation between Emperor Madrox and "this" Jamie about who this dupe is, and all the time travel shenanagans - not to mention the UXM promo art with M'd Madrox. This Jamie's goung to go back to DoX and swap with Jamie-Prime, explaining why the dead Madrox had no M
    end of spoilers

Sure, there's
    spoilers:
    the minor matter of the decapitation to consider - but Emperor Madrox just killed his past self. I'm sure that'll be timey-wimey undone by the paradox, since no-one at Marvel works by Gru's Rules any more
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    It just hit me how this whole mess is going to end:
    spoilers:
    after the conversation between Emperor Madrox and "this" Jamie about who this dupe is, and all the time travel shenanagans - not to mention the UXM promo art with M'd Madrox. This Jamie's goung to go back to DoX and swap with Jamie-Prime, explaining why the dead Madrox had no M
    end of spoilers

Sure, there's
    spoilers:
    the minor matter of the decapitation to consider - but Emperor Madrox just killed his past self. I'm sure that'll be timey-wimey undone by the paradox, since no-one at Marvel works by Gru's Rules any more
    end of spoilers
    Yep, this is exactly how I intepreted this mini too. But the ride there is wild.

So...

Are the Jamies we're currently reading about the "official" "X-Factor" dupe that PAD introduced early on in the Investigations series?

-Pav, who is enjoying the series despite the confusion...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    So...

Are the Jamies we're currently reading about the "official" "X-Factor" dupe that PAD introduced early on in the Investigations series?

-Pav, who is enjoying the series despite the confusion...
    Not entirely inconceivable, but unlikely. For that to be the case, this dupe would have to have been made and locked away between X-Factor v3 #12 (the last time we saw him) and Messiah CompleX, when Jamie got the M. But that was a time period when Jamie-Prime was going round *absorbing* his recalcitrant dupes to feel "whole" again, not trying to lock bits of himself away. He's also wearing Jamie's T-shirt from the MadroX mini, not the simplified version Ryan Sook gave him for v3. In addition, dupes made after he absorbed the monk dupe from the MadroX mini automatically remerged with him on death (the "X-Factor" dupe, in reverse during Messiah CompleX), whereas dupes made before that were dead-dead if he didn't get to them while they were still alive (e.g., the "greatest detective" dupe who walked into bullets right in front of him).

Of course, the other point to consider is that, generally, dupes he made didn't have their own personalities until around that time, when he started reabsorbing dupes that had been out in the world for ages and it screwed up the new dupes from that point on.

I think the evidence is fairly clear that this guy was made shortly before the MadroX mini, about the time dupe personalities started to be a thing.

Well, this is an odd comic. I appreciate the weirdness of it all (and the fact that it's being published in this day and age) but not so sure about the actual history so far.

I love how weird and messed up this story is. That Madrox is a dumbass makes what could be a pretty heavy story really fun. And I did not see that ending coming. Wow.

https://sirmarkussite.wordpress.com/...ultiple-man-3/

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

This issue really blindsided me. This is a little confusing but i'm enjoying the story. One thing i would love to see touched on or appear in this series is Cortex but we are almost at the finishline.

The art on this is so fantastic. Like jim cheung level work.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"