Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Default Make Your Own X-Men Game!

The X-Men have a huge standing in media and the larger scheme of things. The X-Men v Street Fighter games ended up giving way to the birth of Marvel vs Capcom and X-Men Legends was the direct predecessor to the Marvel Ultimate Alliance games, but the X-Men haven't had a game all to themselves since the failure that was X-Men: Manifest Destiny. So, if you got the chance to make your own video game featuring the X-Men, what would you do with it? Who would be in it? What stories would it be based on?

Personally, I would make a game that is an action RPG styled after Dragon Age and Mass Effect. A power tree with branching skill paths so that you can build your characters in whatever ways that you want and it would still be innovative. There wouldn't be an original character supplanted as the lead of the game, instead focusing on the ensemble feel of the X-Men - you'd be able to control up to four X-Men on the field, though whoever is in the first slot is considered the party's leader and as a result the leader of the squad of X-Men.

Xavier's mansion would operate as a hub and apart from the playable cast there would be appearances here from numerous X-Men and unique conversations for each playable cast member. And for that matter, that is the case throughout the game. When at the mansion you control only one of the X-Men and that is the X-Man of your choice, with the others also hanging around the hub. The story would be based on the original X-Men v Brotherhood dynamic with a similar bent to Morrison's Planet X, including Magneto's addiction to KICK and bubbling Manhattan. There would be multiple potential endings.

The playable cast would consist of eight different X-Men:

• Cyclops
    • Storm
    • Wolverine
    • Jean Grey
    • Iceman
    • Rogue
    • Bishop
    • Jubilee

What about you all? What would you do?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Third-person story-driven stealth-actioner starring X-23.

An action RPG in the style of Mass Effect.. I would be ALL over that.

Also have always wanted a Gambit or Deadpool game in the same vein as Splinter Cell or Assassins Creed.

Astonishing Member

If the technology ever gets there, a rpg were you create your own power backstory and go wild. Want to enslave the world as a benolivent god tyrant emperor cesar, or be a hero you can do it. Think the size of yggdrasil online from overlord but single player.

Just bring back Marvel Heroes. Maybe do a CAC thing, even though doing those is almost always awful.

I miss MH. I had Laura, Scarlet Witch, and Cable prestiged four times each. I MAXED OUT THE PRESTIGE FOR EMMA.

Secret Hitler but with Captain America lol. The liberals are the X-Men, and the fascists are the Avengers.

Spectacular Member sublimeclown's Avatar

I would love an open world game where you could use the X-Men's powers in unique ways other than just fighting. Storm could create fog to hide from enemies or to reveal invisible security lasers. Jean could read a guard's mind to find out the passcode to open a door or even control his body to make him open the door. Kitty and Nightcrawler could actually go through floors, walls, etc. to bypass areas. Flying characters could actually fly high above the city to reach certain areas.

Would have to be co-op of course, at least online but I'm still a big fan of couch co-op. I like how some of the Lego games become split screen if you move too far away from each other. That could work when you have a flying and non-flying character on the same team.

And of course, a compelling story!

I'm currently heavily addicted to playing Marvel Puzzle Quest (a match-three, turn-based puzzle RPG) on my tablet. Seriously, I've lost entire weekends to this.

So yeah, probably something like that.

Help me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    An action RPG in the style of Mass Effect.. I would be ALL over that.

Also have always wanted a Gambit or Deadpool game in the same vein as Splinter Cell or Assassins Creed.
    An action RPG in the style of Mass Effect is my biggest X-Men game dream ever!
    Dragon Age RPG style would work too.

An open world action rpg Wolverine game set in Madripoor with gameplay elements lifted straight from the Batman Arkham games and Witcher 3. Logan has both the rogues gallery and side characters to make it work too. Other than Spider-Man, Wolverine has starred in the most video games at Marvel. Even had his own NES(before some of y'all time I assume) game back in the day. Out of all the X-Men, I see him as the only one getting his own outing if not for an actual X-Men team based game.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    I'm currently heavily addicted to playing Marvel Puzzle Quest (a match-three, turn-based puzzle RPG) on my tablet. Seriously, I've lost entire weekends to this.

Help me.
    Oh god, I've been playing that a ton too. It was kind of a slog at first but once I started unlocking characters I actually cared about, I got addicted.

Personally, I think a Gambit heist game would be a lot of fun (something with the gameplay of Uncharted but more acrobatic), but for the sake of using more characters, I'm gonna think of something else.

I like the RPG style idea. You control one character and lead 3 others to have a balanced team. I'm a pretty big AoA fan, so it would be kind of cool to do that in an open-world setting or switch between teams based on what the story dictates. You can be Gambit and his X-ternals or Magneto's team or even Cyclops and Havok.
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post

Help me.
    The struggle is real. XD Have you found a good Alliance?

As to the OP: I'd like a decent tabletop game. Maybe something in the vein of MASKS (which is seriously one of the best superhero games I've played), but with a little more structure and a hella thick sourcebook/expanded playbook collection.

Has Kitty Pryde ever been in a X-Men game?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Personally, I think a Gambit heist game would be a lot of fun (something with the gameplay of Uncharted but more acrobatic), but for the sake of using more characters, I'm gonna think of something else.
    This might be the very best way to get the Gambit brand onto screens. We're oversaturated with superheros right now --but what's great about Gambit is that he's no hero, but he's not an outright killer like your typical anti-hero. He's "enhanced" with powers, but he's just a lovable scoundrel.

A heist film screenplay, converted to a RPG game, would be fascinating to see on the small screen, and really build his equity as an X-related protagonist who's not necessarily a team player.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

My dream game is something between the classic Konami arcade game and X-Men Legends.

You take the classic 2D arcade game-style beat 'em up gameplay, give everything gorgeous, HD sprites, expand the roster, add a butt-ton of alternate costumes and give it multiple, 6-stage stories (I'm thinking 4, for 24 total levels). Add a second super move for each character as well as a second attack button, and, uh, there it is.

Sell it on your downloadable services for $20-30, and I'd be game.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."