Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

I can't speak for others. But I hate that look because it's always looked corny & overkill, especially if Creed's already being drawn super bulky. Like putting a fur coat on the Hulk lol

Like Ortiz version of Mystique last chapter when she looked like some kind of crazy goth.
    RCO020_w.jpg
    This was too much, imo. Mystique doesn't need to look like a punk goth to be threatening. And I think it's the same with Creed. I always preferred artists keeping him more sleek, human-looking and gave him simple outfits.

Frank Tierri's Weapon X was perfect example. Creed looked like a regular man and wore suits or his uniform. Aurora is in a dark cabin in the woods when she turns to see this behind her.
    Weapon X.jpg
    Creepy & scary, with a good simple outfit.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-10-2018 at 07:13 AM.

Fantastic Member

I'm not opposed to the idea that these people all still have closets full of their old costumes and occasionally get misty-eyed with nostalgia and choose to wear them.

Or, in Victor's case, whatever's not torn to shreds and smells somewhat clean. That, to me, is more believable than someone wearing the same thing every day for years.

Also, I'm okay with orange.

@Silver Fang
    lol i like that goth look to Mystique, other than her white outfit, i see most of her other clothes/styles pretty vanilla. I would've liked to see what she would've looked like with that goth stuff.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Abductor View Post
    @Silver Fang
    lol i like that goth look to Mystique, other than her white outfit, i see most of her other clothes/styles pretty vanilla. I would've liked to see what she would've looked like with that goth stuff.
    SAME. It seemed like an original interpretation of her. I was very curious!
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Didn't need a separate thread. But interesting comment from co-writer, Fred Van Lente. In recent interview, he mentions working with Greg Pak on Weapon X, then he says it's gonna be ending pretty soon.

It was this interview
    http://www.warrocketajax.com/2018/08...red-van-lente/
    at the 59 minute mark.

To quote him, exactly

"Greg & I do Weapon X for Marvel, which is super fun, but that's ending fairly soon."

This can be taken two ways. Either the series is ending soon, or he means his involvement on the project is ending soon. I am hoping it's the former. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-24-2018 at 07:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Didn't need a separate thread. But interesting comment from co-writer, Fred Van Lente. In recent interview, he mentions working with Greg Pak on Weapon X, then he says it's gonna be ending pretty soon.

It was this interview
    http://www.warrocketajax.com/2018/08...red-van-lente/
    at the 59 minute mark.

To quote him, exactly

"Greg & I do Weapon X for Marvel" which is super fun, but that's ending fairly soon.

This can be taken two ways. Either the series is ending soon, or he means his involvement on the project is ending soon. I am hoping it's the former. lol
    They really need to get rid of them ffs
    Last edited by Mr Abductor; 08-14-2018 at 07:38 AM.

They really need to get rid of them ffs
    I am cool with Van Lente, because it's possible any good writing we did get came from him. As a Sabretooth fan, he's capable of writing a good Victor Creed. He was the one who wrote Wolverine First Class #2 with another Wolverine vs Sabretooth fight.
    20.jpg
    RCO018_1466332023.jpg
    21.jpg
    In this chapter, Sabretooth was menacing, dangerous, smart, and didn't have cringey Waypool levels of meme-talk. He makes a joke about wanting to be on the Blue Jays, but that's comedic without going too far & being ridiculous.

If anything, Greg Pak is the one who needs to go. lol

To be honest i didn't really like First Class, but its better than what we have now and if its Pak to blame for WX being what it is today, then i agree with you, he needs to go.
    The man that made WWH is long gone, what's left is just a disney sitcom writer that should've stayed on Cho Hulk and friends.

To be honest i didn't really like First Class, but its better than what we have now and if its Pak to blame for WX being what it is today, then i agree with you, he needs to go.
    The man that made WWH is long gone, what's left is just a disney sitcom writer that should've stayed on Cho Hulk and friends.
    I just liked the writing on Creed there. But yeah, it's not the best we ever had. But does show Van Lente can give better results than the crap we're getting. Van Lente is a co-writer, so I don't know if he has the same say-so as Pak or Robinson (editor). I figured he didn't, and could only do so much with those 2 going for a comedy route with these characters. So he's got to change his tone to match what they're trying to go for, I figured.

If WX is ending soon, I am guessing we're going to the final arc now, and it'll end in Dec. putting it around Uncanny D. Hopefully solicits will tell us something. Luca, the artist for issue 24, said he was doing four chapters of WX. That would be 24-27. And we'll be at 27 in Dec. if we get another double-ship month.

Hopefully, solocits will clear it up next month at the latest
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-14-2018 at 08:26 AM.