Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Absolute Court of Owls, didn’t think much of it, plus I’m guessing the story continues at a latter date, if so, shouldn’t have been an sbdolute

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Absolute Court of Owls, didn’t think much of it, plus I’m guessing the story continues at a latter date, if so, shouldn’t have been an sbdolute
    City of owls came after which I think was just the next volume so it wasnt too much later. Not sure if that is in the Absolute.

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    City of owls came after which I think was just the next volume so it wasnt too much later. Not sure if that is in the Absolute.
    A Snyder omni would of be the way to go with this rather than an absolute I’m guessing

I’m thinking I have broken the completionist in me, as there is very little I feel the need to carry on getting, perhaps I’m just bored with comics in general, if I’m brutally honest I think I could get down to a single shelf of stuff I want to keep
    Breaking the Marvel habit was the hardest / easiest one for me. I used to buy almost all the Omnibus editions they released as well as most of the OHCs. So many that I have dozens that I haven't even opened. But then with the increase in price, weakening of the £ vs the $and the poop paper quality it made the decision to drop the outliers easier and then that made dropping the main books I enjoyed easier too. Coupled with the great books from Image, Dark Horse et al my buying habits have changed so much over the last 5 years or so.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    I need to get to this point. Space is becoming an issue, but I have never been good at selling stuff. It just always seems a hassle to me particularly if shipping out is involved. I have always been a book horder and now that I am into collectible books... Forget it!
    I'm much the same. I love beautiful looking books and collecting them and find it very hard to get "rid" of any even if I don't have much time for them. I also dislike selling books and most of what is involved with it although I've managed to have friendly chats with the buyers. In addition, I spend a considerable time packing the book(s) as I wish to make sure the buyer gets the book in perfect nick.

I think any collection is going to have favorites and than a bunch of items you wished would be better, but have
    no interest in selling or purging from the collection.
    I just want to buy books and read them and build a small personal library.
    I probably will die with hundreds of books not finished and many holes in
    each run, but that is how I want it (not the dying part .

A Snyder omni would of be the way to go with this rather than an absolute I’m guessing
    I would love that. Or even a run of sensibly priced Absolute editions.

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    The Absolute is Court+City in one edition, the complete story.

I'm trying to get rid of my 100 Bullets Deluxe Edition Vol.2 - I found this one with a really REALLY cheap price (something like 9 dollars), but the other ones are just too expensive and nearly impossible to find here in my country.
    Uzumaki is another case of book I want to trade or sell - I bought the amazing edition from Viz Media, but don't think I will never reread that nightmare.

Looking for excuses to get rid of stuff now, Absolute All Star Batman and Robin, while interesting in its own way it’s not going to get opened again, and now for the worst reason to get rid of a book, Absolute justice league worlds greatest super heroes, haven’t even unsealed it but it’s not the same size as the other absolutes and sticks out like a sore thumb, plus I don’t like Alex Ross’s art, it’s not suited to comics in my opinion (bought it as I was on a mission to have every absolute)

I don't have a absolute in my collection.
    Most available I have no wish for and the few
    I rather have in Omnibus like Azzarello Wonder Woman and Snyder Batman.
    I do really want the Alan Moore Swamp Thing Absolute volume #1 (Which hopefully gets an official solicitation later this month)

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    I don't have a absolute in my collection.
    Most available I have no wish for and the few
    I rather have in Omnibus like Azzarello Wonder Woman and Snyder Batman.
    I do really want the Alan Moore Swamp Thing Absolute volume #1 (Which hopefully gets an official solicitation later this month)
    Absolute swamp thing is a definite purchase for me, I hope it’s not Hellblazer all over again (I loved HB when it came out, recently reread it, found it very poor)

For me, the really expensive OOP stuff like Inferno or Colossal Conan, or wherever else (I honestly don't know too well the value of the stuff I bought years ago - just haven't kept up on it).
    I mean, if I wouldn't buy something for $400, why aren't I selling it for $400?

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    X-Men Mutant Massacre OHC - A more complete omnibus has been announced
    Really? What are they adding to it?
    Just as long as it's not more issues of Power Pack...

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    For me, the really expensive OOP stuff like Inferno or Colossal Conan, or wherever else (I honestly don't know too well the value of the stuff I bought years ago - just haven't kept up on it).
    I mean, if I wouldn't buy something for $400, why aren't I selling it for $400?

Really? What are they adding to it?
    Just as long as it's not more issues of Power Pack...
    Power Pack was a childhood favorite of mine so I'd have no problem with that, but the new edition adds the following issues:

Uncanny X-Men 215-219 (previously orphaned/uncollected)
    X-Men Annual 11
    X-Factor 12-17
    X-Factor Annual 2
    Fantastic Four vs X-Men 1-4
    X-Men vs Avengers 1-4

Synders Swamp Thing Deluxe, it’s a neither here nor there book, perfectly serviceable but not worth picking up again, Absolute Crisis on infinite Earth, I really don’t like Perez’s art and although this is (according to some) the most important story in DC’s history, it just doesn’t do it for me