Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Extraordinary Member

All three Claremont Uncanny X-Men omnibuses. Not bad, but npthing too grea

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by doolittle View Post
    The way you have to play it is to get married and not have kids. Don't over extend yourself on a house or cars. So much disposable income. It's like those toy store shopping sprees that would be on Nickelodeon game shows when we were kids.
    I remember that!

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    We have a latest orders, a what are you reading now thread, so I thought I’d start a what are you getting rid of thread, as I seem to be getting rid of more books than I’m buying now, post stuff you are thinking of selling or giving away and the reasons why.

Just sold Hellblazer vols 1 to 19, hugely disappointed, the first comic I ever bought but was remembered through rose coloured glasses apart from the Carey stuff at the end, none of it lived up to the memories.

Next to get rid of, toying with the idea of getting rid of my Valiant books, I’m not really enjoying them any more and I can’t put my finger on why, I still have couple wrapped that I haven’t read (eternal warrior, A & A on the way) which may rekindle my interest but I’m not holding my breath

Which A&A run did you not read yet? If it's Van Lente's run, it'll be worth it. If it's the restarted title by the newer creative team, it's crap.

As for getting rid of books, I haven't done that with my collected hardcovers & TPBs, but I have done it with a lot of single issues. Over the years I used to sell off single issues I didn't want to mycomicshop.com (They're local for me), then I just started putting entire comic boxes of single issues next to the dumpster at my apartment complex. I got a kick out of watching little kids who were walking to the school bus stop rummage through the boxes and take what they want, then some fat black dude driving by suddenly stopped, got out of his car, looked into the boxes, then put them all in his trunk. This entire scenario occurred two separate times.

I sometimes give away comics, too, but, for the most part, what I end up buying I enjoy and keep. I've gotten more selective in my old age so I've become wiser with my purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    Which A&A run did you not read yet? If it's Van Lente's run, it'll be worth it. If it's the restarted title by the newer creative team, it's crap.

As for getting rid of books, I haven't done that with my collected hardcovers & TPBs, but I have done it with a lot of single issues. Over the years I used to sell off single issues I didn't want to mycomicshop.com (They're local for me), then I just started putting entire comic boxes of single issues next to the dumpster at my apartment complex. I got a kick out of watching little kids who were walking to the school bus stop rummage through the boxes and take what they want, then some fat black dude driving by suddenly stopped, got out of his car, looked into the boxes, then put them all in his trunk. This entire scenario occurred two separate times.

I sometimes give away comics, too, but, for the most part, what I end up buying I enjoy and keep. I've gotten more selective in my old age so I've become wiser with my purchases.

Just started the new A & A deluxe (last one released) you are the second person on here not to rate it, but I’ll give it a go, got rid of a custom bind (Rex Mundi) although if it ever gets a DH LE version I may be tempted, only things I’m looking to off load now are a couple of Absolutes (crisis on infinite earths and JL worlds greatest super heroes, not sure why I got it in the first place, hate Alex Ross’s art) not sure what to do with Valiant stuff, still have a couple of sealed ones to read and will decide then.

Still very slowly making my way through my absolutes, Dark Victory at the moment, which is defiantly a keeper, then onto Haunted Knight, which I can’t remember a thing about

Absolute Luthor/Joker, why this was given the Absolute format I’ll never know, is it just me that doesn’t rate Bermejo?