Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tony Stark: Iron Man #3 preview

http://www.comicosity.com/preview-to...rk-iron-man-3/

Yeah, Slott's clearly going for a combination of "Westworld" and "Get Out" here. Stark is trying to create immortality, and Machine Man believes that this will lead to a "Get Out" scenario for A.I.'s.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    http://www.comicosity.com/preview-to...rk-iron-man-3/

Yeah, Slott's clearly going for a combination of "Westworld" and "Get Out" here. Stark is trying to create immortality, and Machine Man believes that this will lead to a "Get Out" scenario for A.I.'s.
    Thanks for the preview. I like how Slott starts off like he is talking to us the readers about clicking on agree lol. I would love if they had this in our world. That's a good theory about Machine Man wanting to stop Tony. I never saw Get Out or Westworld. That part will be new for me.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 08-10-2018 at 11:57 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Cool start.

Way to troll people! A girl with dark skin. Of course, readers will think it's Riri. But I bet she'll go unmentioned just like in the previous two issues and thus is just someone random we've never met before.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

That's a pretty cool concept.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    That's a pretty cool concept.
    It really is. Someone who knows how to make it should get right to work. I would love to go into VR and be able to be Iron Man. I can just imagine how much fun people could have playing something like that.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 08-10-2018 at 03:52 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Way to troll people! A girl with dark skin. Of course, readers will think it's Riri. But I bet she'll go unmentioned just like in the previous two issues and thus is just someone random we've never met before.
    I thought of Jocasta before I thought of Riri lol
    We need better comics

Looks like this next issue will bring me back on board the Tony Love Train.
    Years before Kal-El ever landed from Space; tales were told of the ultimate warrior/hero; Conan the Barbarian!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Clam down a bit. I am sure RiRi is going to be in the book. Slott is just making a new supporting cast for Tony. Bring back old ones and making new ones. RiRi is kicking ass with her new armor in New Champions. So we can still get a dose of RiRi.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post
    Looks like this next issue will bring me back on board the Tony Love Train.
    You starting with issue #3. If you don't mind me asking why haven't you gotten the first 2 my friend?
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 08-10-2018 at 08:05 PM.

I did get #1 and #2. If you recall, after #2 I wasn't so pleased. Cannot remember why; it just didn't "do it" for me.
    Years before Kal-El ever landed from Space; tales were told of the ultimate warrior/hero; Conan the Barbarian!

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    I thought of Jocasta before I thought of Riri lol
    When was Jocasta ever dark-skinned..

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Clam down a bit. I am sure RiRi is going to be in the book. Slott is just making a new supporting cst for Tony. Bring back old ones and making new ones. RiRi is kicking ass with her new armor in New Champions. So we can still get a dose of RiRi.
    I don't think the poster was ever uncalm ..they were supplying pointing out something thay can be miscontrued as trolling.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    When was Jocasta ever dark-skinned..
    Tony Stark Iron Man #2
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    I don't think the poster was ever uncalm ..they were supplying pointing out something thay can be miscontrued as trolling.
    I hear ya. I just think people shoundn't get reactionary about characters not being in the first 2 issues. It's just trying to bring in a few new supporting characters
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 08-15-2018 at 02:55 PM.

So how was the issue?

I won't be able to read it till Friday
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    So how was the issue?

I won't be able to read it till Friday
    After last issue I wasn't too excited anymore. I loved the cover, but the story did nothing for me. This issue today was just the opposite. The cover is too hard for me to look at and enjoy, but the story was wonderful! 4.9 out of 5 stars for me (would have been 5 stars if not for the cover).

I won't spoil anything, but for me, is was awesome and cannot wait to read more of the same!