View Poll Results: Miles Morales or Spider-Gwen, Who Is Your Favorite?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Miles Morales

25 65.79%
  • Spider-Gwen

13 34.21%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Default Miles Morales or Spider-Gwen, Who Is Your Favorite?

This one is tough for me because I like them both a lot. I think Miles is one of the best new characters in comics in the last 10 years. But I feel the same way about Gwen too. It's very, very close for me, but I'm going with Gwen. My answer could be different in six months though.

“Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

BANNED

Miles Morales is an actual character. Spider-Gwen is at the end of a day, a cool concept.

The most important part of Miles Morales isn't his costume, it's himself. He's brilliant, smart, compassionate and sweet. He embodies the underdog teenager of the 2010s the way Peter Parker did in the '60s.

The most important part of Spider-Gwen is the deservedly brilliant costume design that Robbi Rodriquez came up with, as well as the art style and coloring of Earth-65. Remove that and Spider-Gwen would not be any more than the joky alt-Gwen story that Slott intended and pitched originally.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Miles Morales is an actual character. Spider-Gwen is at the end of a day, a cool concept.

The most important part of Miles Morales isn't his costume, it's himself. He's brilliant, smart, compassionate and sweet. He embodies the underdog teenager of the 2010s the way Peter Parker did in the '60s.

The most important part of Spider-Gwen is the deservedly brilliant costume design that Robbi Rodriquez came up with, as well as the art style and coloring of Earth-65. Remove that and Spider-Gwen would not be any more than the joky alt-Gwen story that Slott intended and pitched originally.
    I agree with everything you said about Miles. Like I said, in six weeks my choice could be different. I really like them both.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I think Gwen had a stronger more consistent start under Jason Latour but she's been floundering for the past couple of years while Miles has really started hitting his stride.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Astonishing Member

I'm a fan of both but prefer Spider-Gwen partly because I read her debut issue and her ongoings by the same creative team of Latour/Rodriguez/Renzi so there's an attachment to the character. The costume is perfect. As noted I'm a fan of Miles also through the first story arcs by Brian Michael Bendis and Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018), that's my favourite version of Miles Morales.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I think Gwen had a stronger more consistent start under Jason Latour but she's been floundering for the past couple of years while Miles has really started hitting his stride.
    I dropped Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider after giving Seanan McGuire a go. Shame as a Spider-Gwen fan from her start.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I'd definitely say he's smart, but not brilliant. He seems to have above average intelligence for his age but he's no teen super-scientist or prodigy.

I also think he's a good representation of a 21st century teenager but less of an underdog then Peter was.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    The problem with Gwen in my opinion is her story was pretty much complete at the end of the original Latour/Rodriguez run and Marvel has had to keep her around as a more standard Superhero, hence some of the creative choices they've made with her under McGuire.

Astonishing Member

The movie version of Miles is arguably the most original Spider-Man since Peter Parker. I love the idea of Miles being an artist in the same way Peter is a scientist. It makes the idea of two Spider-Men co-existing feel so organic.

If we're only looking at comics, I think Spider-Gwen edges out Miles for now.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 05-12-2020 at 08:35 PM.

Niffleheim

I haven't bought or read anything that centers around Gwen so me voting will just be a biased choice that is based solely on my love for Miles since his introduction (which would be unfair)

Astonishing Member

The choice is Miles, and it is not even close. Why? Start with Into The Spider-Verse then move on to Spider-Man Life Story and you get the picture.If someone compiled a list of the top 100 Spider stories of All-Time ( and I do not mean exclusive to Peter), those two stories would be in there. What has Ghost-Spider Gwen ever done that stands out like those two? Answer: Nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    The movie version of Miles is arguably the most original Spider-Man since Peter Parker. I love the idea of Miles being an artist in the same way Peter is a scientist. It makes the idea of two Spider-Men co-existing feel so organic.
    Even though the main thrust of Into the Spider-Verse's plot was that Peter and Miles couldn't co-exist on one Earth .

as long as there's an alternate world where they are a married couple, I'm glad both exist.

A tough choice, but I have to go with my man Miles (if barely). He truly is Spider-Man for the twenty-first century, and a great character in and of himself, IMO.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Even though the main thrust of Into the Spider-Verse's plot was that Peter and Miles couldn't co-exist on one Earth .
    Lol it's ironic, but I think they're meant to co-exist in a thematic sense. I think that's what Miles' line at the end is supposed to convey ("I'm Spider-Man! And I'm not the only one...not by a longshot.")

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Lol it's ironic, but I think they're meant to co-exist in a thematic sense. I think that's what Miles' line at the end is supposed to convey ("I'm Spider-Man! And I'm not the only one...not by a longshot.")
    A thematic co-existence does work out better, I think.