Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default You hit the jackpot--Sony looking at Jackpot spin-off film

Well she did get two limited series but I kind of forgot about her.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

I'm actually ok with them using these obscure characters. They have more creative potential as there are less preconceptions about what you can do. Plus it's incentive for creators to cut loose and leave their stamp.

A potential downfall is them just being a less interesting version of someone else. But that already happens so you just gotta roll your sleeved up and deal with it.

The lack of material isn't a problem as you could just come up with that yourself.

EDIT- double post/server problems/please delete.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 08-10-2018 at 07:26 AM.

The whole point of this character was the "Is she Mary Jane?" and once they said that she wasn't everyone just lost interest.

The most interesting thing about the character to me was how she embodied the "great power, great responsibility" theme through both Sara and Alana, though I don't see how well that could work without Spider-Man, or another experienced hero filling that void.

Not to mention, you can count the number of times each character has appeared on two hands. The main book completely forgets about her, and I had to find out afterwards that they get their continuation in separate tie-ins and annuals. Just feels like there's not enough material to work with.

Spectacular Member

I've got to ask, what is the point? Why are they bothering? Comic book fans couldn't care less about this character, if they are even aware/remember her, general audience definitely don't know of her or care. So just why? Why not make an original movie instead? Who is the audience for this?!

Then again I've had the same thought about a lot of Marvel movies made by studios but the more obscure the character the more I fail to see who they're aimed at

Mighty Member

Hahahaha!!! WOW! at this point it's funny.

We'll probably have Sony making plans for a movie about Glory Grant at this point...

They have the ability to make animated movies going by the Miles Morales movie. Why don't they just go in that direction with the Spider-Man characters? There are plenty of storylines to adapt that would make for a good animated movie. Or they could just get the Spectacular Spider-Man animated series crew together to continue the show via mini movies; with the origination of the series being mini movies. All that Sony is doing is pretty sad at this point... just the thought of IDEAS of this caliber is pretty pathetic.

Yep, Sony is officially scraping the bottom of the barrel at this point .
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    They have the ability to make animated movies going by the Miles Morales movie. Why don't they just go in that direction with the Spider-Man characters? There are plenty of storylines to adapt that would make for a good animated movie. Or they could just get the Spectacular Spider-Man animated series crew together to continue the show via mini movies; with the origination of the series being mini movies. All that Sony is doing is pretty sad at this point... just the thought of IDEAS of this caliber is pretty pathetic.
    I've seen a lot of people hoping for a Spectacular revival amidst all the major, beloved, cartoon revivals going on, and I always get sad when I think it's still really unlikely to happen .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I've seen a lot of people hoping for a Spectacular revival amidst all the major, beloved, cartoon revivals going on, and I always get sad when I think it's still really unlikely to happen .
    Sony gave away those rights . . . and I don't see why Marvel would let Sony in on a new show they can make all the money on.

I don't know how all the specifics of the ownership of Spectacular work (obviously), but I think they could maybe do it as movies if they wanted.

The hook is that they are apparently making her an older woman in her mid-40's.

...though in that case, weren't Julia Carpenter or Jessica Drew better options? Unless there's some rights complication with the "Spider-Woman" moniker or Sony wants a non-Spider themed character.

Sony ... just stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    The hook is that they are apparently making her an older woman in her mid-40's.

...though in that case, weren't Julia Carpenter or Jessica Drew better options? Unless there's some rights complication with the "Spider-Woman" moniker or Sony wants a non-Spider themed character.
    There's been some mystery as to where exactly the Spider-Woman rights fall, especially when it comes to Jessica Drew.

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

Face it, tiger - this is a terrible idea.