Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by destinyascension View Post
    If you wanted Jackpot because she is a Mom & superhero, and you want that Strong-Woman message. Jessica Drew is now a Single-mom & Super hero. So
    Does Sony have the movie rights to Jessica Drew?

I think there's a lot of story material to be drawn from for Jessica Drew before getting to the single mother angle. Not saying that it's necessarily a bad thing for the character, but it's not a good starting point.

With Julia Carpenter, however, the single/divorced mother idea was there fairly early on, and is more integral to the character.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    The whole point was the "Is she MJ?" and when they answered "no", everyone just lost interest.

Seems like Sony is just throwing things at a wall to see what will stick. I have my doubts this will ever actually get made.
    That is what Sony does, they also find ways to ruin things ( see A Dogs Journey as an example of this. They take what is a good story and ruin it with bad special effects and Political Correctness. The Bewitched reboot was a notorious example of this, as was the 2019 Charlies Angels ( almost anyone knows Kristen Stewart is toxic for guys so why cast her in a big budget movie?)). They also have the rights to great characters like Kratos ( God of War), and have never taken advantage of that. Can you imagine Dwayne Johnson as Kratos? I mentioned I Dream of Jeannie before. It could be done to fit the 21st Century by using someone like Gigi Hadad who is of Arab descent and is almost as hot as Barbara Eden when the original series came out.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 05-25-2020 at 06:27 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    That is what Sony does, they also find ways to ruin things ( see A Dogs Journey as an example of this. They take what is a good story and ruin it with bad special effects and Political Correctness. The Bewitched reboot was a notorious example of this, as was the 2019 Charlies Angels
    What are you referring to when you say political correctness?

Amazing Member

A Jackpot movie? Seriously? Talk about being desperate about getting their own cinematic universe. And when even Warner has somewhat failed to replicate Disney/Marvel's success I find it hard to believe Sony can make it with characters like Jackpot that only the most die-hard Spidey-fans knows who she is.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    What are you referring to when you say political correctness?
    If you have seen that movie or read about it you will know what I mean.

Astonishing Member

If you have seen that movie or read about it you will know what I mean.
    I looked up the dog movie and Charlie's Angels on Wikipedia. Couldn't find anything on Bewitched. I have no idea what notorious things you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by A Maze Thing View Post
    A Jackpot movie? Seriously? Talk about being desperate about getting their own cinematic universe.
    They should just do the Spider-verse franchise. Three live action movies on different Spider-persons. Then one big team up.

Astonishing Member

I looked up the dog movie and Charlie's Angels on Wikipedia. Couldn't find anything on Bewitched. I have no idea what notorious things you're talking about.
    Charlie’s angels and betwitched were notorious bombs. The dog movie targeted for families had gay couples, the VA looking bad, greedy developers who killed cats and other political messages, which took away from a good story.

Astonishing Member

Charlie’s angels and betwitched were notorious bombs.
    You said they were notoriously ruined by political correctness. In what way? Charlie's Angels sounds like a typical action flick, there's no mention of any big controversy on its Wikipedia page.

I can't even find what Bewitched thing you're talking about.

The dog movie targeted for families had gay couples, the VA looking bad, greedy developers who killed cats and other political messages, which took away from a good story.
    How did the presence of gay couples take away from a good story and contribute to ruining the movie?

Does Sony have the movie rights to Jessica Drew?

I think there's a lot of story material to be drawn from for Jessica Drew before getting to the single mother angle. Not saying that it's necessarily a bad thing for the character, but it's not a good starting point.

With Julia Carpenter, however, the single/divorced mother idea was there fairly early on, and is more integral to the character.
    I think Sony has the rights to Spider-Woman while Marvel has the rights to the Jessica Drew name.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Sony has the rights to Spider-Woman while Marvel has the rights to the Jessica Drew name.
    Sony has the rights to the caharacter as a whole. Disney is allowed to use Jessica Drew and her early supporting cast, but they can't present her showing powers and being named Spider-Woman.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Sony has the rights to the caharacter as a whole. Disney is allowed to use Jessica Drew and her early supporting cast, but they can't present her showing powers and being named Spider-Woman.
    I would love to see Disney buy Columbia from Sony. Get Spider-Man ( and his supporting cast) rights back, and take advantage of a great film library that would work well with Hulu and Disney Plus. Columbia has not had many non Spider films ( besides the Equalizer movies) that have worked in years.

BANNED

Id rather have her movie than a felicia "i sleep with hairy old midgets with dagger knuckles because im that undiginified/shameless" hardy.