Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Looking forward to the inevitable Bart Hamilton epic trilogy of movies, haha!

"He was just a simple psychiatrist ... who dreamed of having so much more."
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Like most Spider-Man-less Sony projects, this one won't happen. Ya'll don't need to worry too much.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    The whole point of this character was the "Is she Mary Jane?" and once they said that she wasn't everyone just lost interest.
    Basically what I would've posted had you not beaten me to it. This idea seems pretty...well, random at best to me. I'd watch it just to see if it's any good but it's a bit of a surprise to me to be honest. I'd have expected a Black Cat before a Jackpot film.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There's been some mystery as to where exactly the Spider-Woman rights fall, especially when it comes to Jessica Drew.
    From what I understand, the Spider-Woman situation is basically like the Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch situation. Due to being both equally a Spider and an Avenger, they both have the rights to use them. Though that's probably specifically Jessica Drew, while Sony most likely completely owns Julia, Mattie, etc., but then again, if you are gonna have Spider-Woman in your movie, why wouldn't you use Jessica anyway.

Astonishing Member

Jackpot is not even a popular character in the books. What possible audience could there be for a movie version? Sony is really at the throwing-crap-on-the-walls-and-seeing-what-sticks stage of their Spidey scraps.

BANNED

This is a joke, right?

BANNED

Just WHY Does this idea of a film exist ?!? Honestly these idea of Spider-related films isn't what make a better Movie studio.

To all the naysayers, I would point out that this isn't much different then when Marvel Studios announced the first Guardians of the Galaxy movie. Point being, if the Jackpot movie is good on its own terms, then it doesn't matter how unknown the original character is.

Personally, I'm not sure if this's a good idea but let's wait till we can judge the movie on its own merits rather than proclaiming judgement based on nothing beyond the announcement.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Spider-Mugger movie when?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    To all the naysayers, I would point out that this isn't much different then when Marvel Studios announced the first Guardians of the Galaxy movie. Point being, if the Jackpot movie is good on its own terms, then it doesn't matter how unknown the original character is.

Personally, I'm not sure if this's a good idea but let's wait till we can judge the movie on its own merits rather than proclaiming judgement based on nothing beyond the announcement.
    Very true. Or how about Big Hero 6? Obscure Marvel property that made hundreds of millions?

But it's easy to see the viewpoints of the naysayers. It's like making a TV show of all the recurring small characters of Friends. Gunther. Ugly Fat Naked Guy. Janice. Ross's lesbian ex-wife. Imagine if NBC took a gamble on all the bit players. No wonder everyone is scoffing at the idea.

Astonishing Member

Get ready for a possible 900 films of Marvel properties Sony currently owns. That's coming. http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/08/...der-man-venom/

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdSpider View Post

Spider-Mugger movie when?
    Only if they go the Spectacular route and make him Black Cat's dad.

Actually, that would be a good storyline for Felicia's own franchise.

A nonentity no one has any interest in is given a movie of her own by Sony, ah okay.

Are people sure this isn't a bad joke?
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

At this point I'm almost convinced that this is an internal sabotage type of deal ALA "the producers" so that they lose so much money from these crappy movies that they can sell the rights to Disney no questions asked. I mean, who's really asking for a Jackpot movie? Morbius?
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Like most Spider-Man-less Sony projects, this one won't happen. Ya'll don't need to worry too much.
    Well, yeah, Sony wants to make it seem like they have more than they've actually got. They probably want to unload their movie studio and make a quick buck.