Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    From what I understand, the Spider-Woman situation is basically like the Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch situation. Due to being both equally a Spider and an Avenger, they both have the rights to use them. Though that's probably specifically Jessica Drew, while Sony most likely completely owns Julia, Mattie, etc., but then again, if you are gonna have Spider-Woman in your movie, why wouldn't you use Jessica anyway.
    Because Julia is a far better character in every way?

But also, why would Julia's rights be tied up with the Spider license? She spent more time as an Avenger than Jessica did, and until "Madame Web" was never a Spider character at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevets View Post
    Because Julia is a far better character in every way?

But also, why would Julia's rights be tied up with the Spider license? She spent more time as an Avenger than Jessica did, and until "Madame Web" was never a Spider character at all.
    Jessica Drew is the most well-known Spider-Woman, which is why I said it would make more sense why they would use her if they wanted a Spider-Woman. I do really like Julia, but I also really like Jessica; I personally prefer Jessica but that may also be because she's had more exposure and I've read more books with her then Julia.

And I don't know exactly where Julia's rights would be tied up, that was just a guess. I know about Jessica's because they've mentioned it in interviews, but not about any of the other Spider-Women.

https://www.newsarama.com/50299-sony...e-jackpot.html

Following this week's previous report that Sony is developing a female-led superhero team film potentially focused on Madame Web, another expansion to Sony's Universe of Marvel Characters has been reported - this time a solo movie for Jackpot, a minor Spider-Man villain/ally who debuted during the "Brand New Day" era.

According to Deadline, Arrow executive producer Marc Guggenheim, who previously wrote the character in comic books, will pen the script.

Jackpot is actually the name of two different heroes in Marvel Comics. The first Jackpot was Sara Ehren, a scientist who was imbued with super strength in a lab accident, while the second, Alana Jobson, inherited the identity from Ehren and gets her powers from ingesting Mutant Growth Hormone.
    My suggestion would be to make Zendaya's Michelle Jones into Jackpot somehow, if the studio is intent on some crossovers with the core Spider-Man characters. I'd enjoy her as a super-character. "traditional canon" was already given a hip-check with Ms. Coleman's inclusion and 'name change', and I have no attachment to Jackpot otherwise.
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 05-21-2020 at 01:21 PM.

Yeah Jackpot being a version of Mary Jane would be pretty interesting to me.

I have absolutely no confidence in this.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I do not either. Why? 1: Jackpot was a failed character ( not even a “D-Lister”). 2: Look at Sony. They would be dead if it was not for Spider-Man. Look at their recent movies like the Ghostbusters reboot and Man In Black International. Did I forget to mention they are only releasing one more movie this year? They just sold Greyhounds to Amazon. Did I forget to mention they have spent 20 years trying to reboot I Dream Of Jeannie? Not good at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If you ask me, I doubt it will even get made. They can't even do right to more established characters like Black Cat and Silver Sable, I doubt this will go into production.

.... on the other hand, the fact that she's not a established character could give them more freedom and for producers go "this is ok, fans won't care"....
    Last edited by Spider-Chan; 05-21-2020 at 04:19 PM.

This seems like a bad idea, especially since the character's entire raison d'etre was being visually similar to a version of MJ that differs from the MJ in the current films.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

The whole point was the "Is she MJ?" and when they answered "no", everyone just lost interest.

Seems like Sony is just throwing things at a wall to see what will stick. I have my doubts this will ever actually get made.

Ultimate Member

Just make a Black Cat film already. I'd at least be kind of interested in that and she's a pretty famous character.

BANNED

I doubt this will ever get a greenlight, and with the Pandemic being what it is, everything is on pause anyhow. A lot also depends on how successful "Morbius" is.

Sony Pictures has always had a tendency to count its geese before the egg is hatched.

Anyway, I think a Jackpot movie could work if it was a Mary Jane movie. In the sense that MJ is playing Jackpot as a heroine in the Spider-Man world and the movie-within-movie overlaps with actual crimefighting stuff in the way of the current AMJ miniseries as well as the Nick Spencer ASM#25. That allows for a kind of comedic Harley Quinn (PG13) way to do a movie like that, and if you have a minor villain like the Hobgoblin being the bad guy in a way he can't be for the main Spider-Man, it could work.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I set up a thread about Jackpot recently, because I had no idea what had happened to her.
    What a strange announcement. She could possibly fit in in the Spider-Verse stories but there’s nothing there to show she can hold her own.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I doubt this will ever get a greenlight, and with the Pandemic being what it is, everything is on pause anyhow. A lot also depends on how successful "Morbius" is.

Sony Pictures has always had a tendency to count its geese before the egg is hatched.

Anyway, I think a Jackpot movie could work if it was a Mary Jane movie. In the sense that MJ is playing Jackpot as a heroine in the Spider-Man world and the movie-within-movie overlaps with actual crimefighting stuff in the way of the current AMJ miniseries as well as the Nick Spencer ASM#25. That allows for a kind of comedic Harley Quinn (PG13) way to do a movie like that, and if you have a minor villain like the Hobgoblin being the bad guy in a way he can't be for the main Spider-Man, it could work.
    This would be cool, but there is no way I see an exec approaching the film like this.

Apparently there's now interest in various Jackpot-related back issues.

Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

If you wanted Jackpot because she is a Mom & superhero, and you want that Strong-Woman message. Jessica Drew is now a Single-mom & Super hero. So