Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I hope Luke's father sticks around for a long, long time. People from that era lend a special voice and message and tenor that needs to be heard by the present generation. And while I realize that Blue Marvel and others are long-lived, nothing bridges the gap like the perspective of a "normal" human.

On a less positive note, I'm ready to put the Original Sins plot in the rear view mirror. I'm ready to see this team take on some of the more established powers. I wonder if a Mighty Avengers version of the Masters of Evil is in the works?

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    in this story he's recently escaped, i'm pretty sure. that's the reason his powers aren't that strong yet.
    That's the thing, he was supposed to have escaped in that same Dr. Strange story that was published well after Fantastic Four #1, meaning that it's decades after the 70s portion of this story.

Just got to reading this issue and my opinion is that it continues to grow into a very good story regardless of the tie in status of the book

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Great action packed issue. Even though the plot didn't advance much in present time, the action in the past made up for it.

Of course the last page. All it was missing was an Avengers Assemble. Can't wait for the next issue.
    Agreed. I felt as though this issues final page set up a string of action packed issues and perhaps a faster moving plot.

BANNED

Blade's lyn: "Reporter says Mity Avngrs 1 mo tym gets staked"...had us/SZ rolling LOL.

Gd gosh...Al Ewing really knws hw 2 illustrate sweet-n-funny snappy dialogue & maintain d badassery of each xcter. Dis issue was gd & we/SZ enjoyed.

Now we/SZ wanda hw d recent nws abt Falcon will transcend in2 MA.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I hope Luke's father sticks around for a long, long time. People from that era lend a special voice and message and tenor that needs to be heard by the present generation. And while I realize that Blue Marvel and others are long-lived, nothing bridges the gap like the perspective of a "normal" human.

On a less positive note, I'm ready to put the Original Sins plot in the rear view mirror. I'm ready to see this team take on some of the more established powers. I wonder if a Mighty Avengers version of the Masters of Evil is in the works?

SPECUL8N:

Cortex Inc. cud help with dat...u knw, dey cud hv mutants, inhumans &/or supa-heros/villains in their employ, sum of whom we/readrs myt knw & perhps othrs may b nu.

That was a good issue, but I must admit that I miss the present Mighty Avengers.

One of the best parts was James Lucas. Ewing showed very well how a regular human could feel when facing vampires and wizzards, especially in a world between two generations of marvels. The trauma being the reason he didn't want to deal with Luke is a good idea. Now we can expect some heartwarming stuff with him meeting Luke's wife, daughter and brother.

The other good part was that Ewing bothered to give the Bear secret origins and a good reason to be in the 70's Mighty Avengers. I wonder if him and Gillen had a talk about that.

Also, Blue Marvel could use some advices from Sentry about how to get rid of dangerous stuff.

I wonder what will happening to Monica in the next issues. With her powers, she is probably the biggest threat to the Deathwalkers, so they'll have to take her down fast.
    Last edited by mugiwara; 07-25-2014 at 05:07 PM.

Memories of Monica, Blade, Cage, and the King wrecking vampires in n.o.. Great issue, but I hate that old man Lucas let Kaluuu snake his girl...

I'll Assemble if you call it...

I wonder how hearing that story will help Power Man since the more he knows the more powerful he becomes.