Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Isn't Polaris technelly not a mutant? Also dont a lot of xmen like her have some degree of alteration to the x gene or bestowed power in a different way?
    Like with Magneto her x-gene which makes her a mutant was given back by Celestial technology.

But, she has not been involved in X-Men affairs for a very long time outside working for a company, saving her ex and hanging out in her father's secret bunkers from time to time.

Namor.

Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    Wasn't it confirmed to be Rachel for Cassandra in that recent annual?
    It would be odd that Taylor would write this in AA in an unrelated plot. Seemed more like a setup for something else

Or maybe it will be the new dangling plot thread like the 3rd Summers Brother only to be resolved in a decade
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-10-2018 at 02:48 PM.

Most likely a candidates

a) A controversial choice with a well-known character
    b) A character that is a main but not well liked or indifferent to the audience
    c) A character people forget has existed or is incredibly minor

or d) Its just a red herring and there is no spy in the first place or a permutation thereof
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

X. Maybe he’s still the Shadow King

BANNED

if sinister knows about the agent he must have sunk his hooks into him if he himself wasn't behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    X. Maybe he’s still the Shadow King
    Wouldn’t surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    They wanted a clone of Wolverine. Sarah proceeded anyway and said, "You can have THIS now, or MAYBE a true clone in a number of years."
    And then she proceeded to give them something very different.

The Facility wasn't in the position to be picky or to check her work.
    Why even call them the Facility if they don't have access to the facility or the subjects and test samples contained therein for years and years on end. Dr. Kinney was ONE doctor involved, that's all. If she had that kind stranglehold on the project for it's entire runtime, Kimura's presence does not make sense anymore.

Since she already pointed out the female wouldn't be a true clone, anyway, once she was born with claw nubs there wasn't a need to poke around further. I mean people aren't going to go around DNA testing just 'cause.
    Yes, there's a difference between a boy and a girl. I am familiar with the concept. That has nothing with created from Wolverine's DNA and him just being her biological father. And again no, claw nubs is not what they wanted. Wolverine's mutation entails more then claw nubs. He has enhanced strength, speed, reflexes, senses of hearing, smelling and seeing, a berserker rage. But instead of using all their medical equipment to run any tests on the baby to see if they had succeeded they looked at the claws and decided that was good enough for the next decade of so. Why use that time to do anything more involving the experiment. Laura is lucky she happened to get a unusually close facimile to her father's mutation, blind dumb luck is all that kept her from losing both her hands and feet in the adamantium treatment.

Amazing Member

I don't like this. I hate when they turn mutant characters in non mutant. I still hate what was done to Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. I used to to love X-men comics but now unfortunately I just find them very frustrating. Actually it's a little bit sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    It turns out there is a very likely chance one of the X-Men Red is a sleeper agent for a villain....

https://www.cbr.com/hunt-for-wolveri...sleeper-agent/

Now who would/could it be?

Jean just returned. Maybe she's not the real deal as we thought.

Trinary is a new discovered mutant, or not?

X23 and Tabby are clones, maybe it's them?

For each member there's probably a reason how they could be it. Though I find it difficult to see how it would be possible for Kurt, Remi or Ororo.

Let's assume CBR is right. Let's speculate.
    If it has to be Red, Trinary is the most logical candidate. She's the newest member, and we know little about her history. Technopathy would be one of the easier powers to induce/imitate with technology. And the big, flashy income distribution and subsequent arrest could have been a false operation to draw Jean's attention and enable her to infiltrate the X-Men.

But I don't think it has to be Red. Taylor could have been told to include that scene by editorial. My guess is that it will be a character connected to Wolverine in some way.

Gentle a sleeper agent for Wakanda? They even gave him a personality of a pacifist.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    It's Gabby i'm calling it NOW.
    I wish. But a Taylor wouldn’t let that happen. I dread it’s an older character and I would hate that. Needlessly retconning a character into not being a mutant and being an infiltrator... I hate that idea unless it’s a relatively new character. Don’t destroy a classic one. But I can see Taylor putting his new characters above the classics rather easily. Though I’d love to be proven wrong.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I wish. But a Taylor wouldn’t let that happen. I dread it’s an older character and I would hate that. Needlessly retconning a character into not being a mutant and being an infiltrator... I hate that idea unless it’s a relatively new character. Don’t destroy a classic one. But I can see Taylor putting his new characters above the classics rather easily. Though I’d love to be proven wrong.
    You're assuming Taylor has any say in who it is.

That said, it would make VERY little sense for it to be Gabby. Unless Alchemax ROYALLY screwed up beyond just failing to get mutations to manifest in 9 of the 10 Sisters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    You're assuming Taylor has any say in who it is.

That said, it would make VERY little sense for it to be Gabby. Unless Alchemax ROYALLY screwed up beyond just failing to get mutations to manifest in 9 of the 10 Sisters.
    Agree, it could honestly be a character that someone in editorial dislikes or is not seen as being of great importance to the x-men.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    Agree, it could honestly be a character that someone in editorial dislikes or is not seen as being of great importance to the x-men.
    I could see them considering Firestar as the latter (and she’s included in the Uncanny X-Men promo image), but I think that would be a real shame given her history on the New Warriors and Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends. I wouldn’t hope they’d discount any character created before 2000, but I fear they will go with one from before for greater shock value.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!