Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

I hope it is that Avenger trash Hope Summers
    she is a Summers(in name for now} that is supposed to kill millions.
    Ms Sinister was most likely mayor when this pic happened
    evil hope summers.jpg
    and after the phoenix mess if her powers or her go crazy after showing up again at sum point it would fit for me

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    And then she proceeded to give them something very different.
    She did emphasize in her pitch that a female "genetic twin," modified clone, or whatever you want to call it, would have the same mutant abilities as Logan, and she delivered.

Why even call them the Facility if they don't have access to the facility or the subjects and test samples contained therein for years and years on end.
    The name of the organization was literally "the Facility." (Also, if Laura tested out and had Logan's mutation, they might not've cared that Kinney had added her own DNA or it simply was a situation where there was nothing they could do about it and Laura's success in terms of having Logan's mutant powers and seemingly being programmed just right made it a moot point.)

Dr. Kinney was ONE doctor involved, that's all.
    Kinney was in charge of the cloning project, working under the Facility's brass.

If she had that kind stranglehold on the project for it's entire runtime, Kimura's presence does not make sense anymore.
    Kinney was officially working on the male clone she'd been hired to make in the first place while on duty, while secretly working on the viable female clone in secret off the books, since her bosses denied her petition in the first place. She got a successful female clone started before bringing it to her bosses, truthfully pointing out that getting a male clone would be impossible for the next decade or so, so they could either wait the chance to get exactly what they wanted or compromise and have a sure thing now. The only reason she got away with it was because making the male clone was impossible. Also, seeing as Rice was able to get revenge by making Kinney the surrogate shows that she really had very little power in the organization (yes, making her Laura's mother ultimately was their downfall, but no one could've foreseen that).

Also, it doesn't seem like Kimura was on the Facility's payroll until after Laura was born; we "first" meet her when Laura got her claws bronzed a good several years after Kinney assembled her embryo and her job was to be Laura's handler, not to supervise the cloners (the only reason that Kinney was still on the project was that they wanted Laura socialized enough that she could obey orders and as a another avenue of control).

Yes, there's a difference between a boy and a girl. I am familiar with the concept. That has nothing with created from Wolverine's DNA and him just being her biological father. And again no, claw nubs is not what they wanted. Wolverine's mutation entails more then claw nubs. He has enhanced strength, speed, reflexes, senses of hearing, smelling and seeing, a berserker rage. But instead of using all their medical equipment to run any tests on the baby to see if they had succeeded they looked at the claws and decided that was good enough for the next decade of so. Why use that time to do anything more involving the experiment. Laura is lucky she happened to get a unusually close facimile to her father's mutation, blind dumb luck is all that kept her from losing both her hands and feet in the adamantium treatment.
    After Rice checks for her claws as a baby, there's a time jump, so we don't see if they did any further testing. It seems very likely that they would've -- the checking the claws at birth is just a shorthand to let the readers know it was a success. Also, as stated before, Kinney did explain that the female clone would still have Logan's powers (her bosses objected solely on the grounds that they didn't want a female Weapon X, not that they thought that changing the gender would remove powers). As far as the adamantium treatment went, they only did that after they knew she had the powers. Using radiation to forcibly active them in the first place was the gamble (Kinney confirms that they almost killed her in the process), however it was a consistent point in those first two minis that they only cared about Laura's survival if she could handle the Weapon X process; in Target X, when she's loosing a training fight to a bear, they outright say that they're not worried about the bear killing her, since that means that she was wasn't fit to be their new Weapon X.

(Long story short, I think you're being too literal here.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    She did emphasize in her pitch that a female "genetic twin," modified clone, or whatever you want to call it, would have the same mutant abilities as Logan, and she delivered.
    But she's not his genetic twin or modified clone. She's just his daughter.

The name of the organization was literally "the Facility." (Also, if Laura tested out and had Logan's mutation, they might not've cared that Kinney had added her own DNA or it simply was a situation where there was nothing they could do about it and Laura's success in terms of having Logan's mutant powers and seemingly being programmed just right made it a moot point.)
    But they clearly didn't know, and kept referring to her as a clone instead of the truth.

Kinney was officially working on the male clone she'd been hired to make in the first place while on duty, while secretly working on the viable female clone in secret off the books, since her bosses denied her petition in the first place. She got a successful female clone started before bringing it to her bosses, truthfully pointing out that getting a male clone would be impossible for the next decade or so, so they could either wait the chance to get exactly what they wanted or compromise and have a sure thing now. The only reason she got away with it was because making the male clone was impossible. Also, seeing as Rice was able to get revenge by making Kinney the surrogate shows that she really had very little power in the organization (yes, making her Laura's mother ultimately was their downfall, but no one could've foreseen that).
    Foreseen that, no. Realise it afterwards and take actions knowing that what Dr. Kinney was a lie and some if not most of what she convinced them off are either lies or mistakes, no imposssible, very possible in fact.

Also, it doesn't seem like Kimura was on the Facility's payroll until after Laura was born; we "first" meet her when Laura got her claws bronzed a good several years after Kinney assembled her embryo and her job was to be Laura's handler, not to supervise the cloners (the only reason that Kinney was still on the project was that they wanted Laura socialized enough that she could obey orders and as a another avenue of control).
    Yes, after she was born. Laura didn't have a accelerated growth rate. She was in a medical facility dedicated the cloning of Wolverine where people were testing her under the belief that she was a clone for 14 years and no one in that discovered that she wasn't actually a match for Logan's DNA at all. That's beyond incompetent.

After Rice checks for her claws as a baby, there's a time jump, so we don't see if they did any further testing. It seems very likely that they would've -- the checking the claws at birth is just a shorthand to let the readers know it was a success. Also, as stated before, Kinney did explain that the female clone would still have Logan's powers (her bosses objected solely on the grounds that they didn't want a female Weapon X, not that they thought that changing the gender would remove powers). As far as the adamantium treatment went, they only did that after they knew she had the powers. Using radiation to forcibly active them in the first place was the gamble (Kinney confirms that they almost killed her in the process), however it was a consistent point in those first two minis that they only cared about Laura's survival if she could handle the Weapon X process; in Target X, when she's loosing a training fight to a bear, they outright say that they're not worried about the bear killing her, since that means that she was wasn't fit to be their new Weapon X.

(Long story short, I think you're being too literal here.)
    "but they're really big jerks and didn't about Laura at all" excuse does not work. Whatever they care about, they spent billions of dollar creating and staffing this state of the art, clandestine medical facility for the sole purpose of creating and testing a clone of Logan. At that point it cost them very, very little to do the most basic blood test. But they never discovered that she wasn't a clone. So why believe Gabby is her clone when we now know no one beside Sinister ever thought to collect the relevant information on Laura required to confirm something like that.
    Last edited by DurararaFTW; 08-11-2018 at 01:36 AM.

Its obviously Jubilee

I thought it was so someone at the funeral? Who knew the bodies location.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

"Mole" stories are always horribad. Writers, please stop doing them.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

But she's not his genetic twin or modified clone. She's just his daughter.

But they clearly didn't know, and kept referring to her as a clone instead of the truth.
    She's both. (The current X-23 series has confirmed that Laura is a clone, albeit a modified one -- and we knew that she was modified since day one.)

Foreseen that, no. Realise it afterwards and take actions knowing that what Dr. Kinney was a lie and some if not most of what she convinced them off are either lies or mistakes, no imposssible, very possible in fact.
    Kinney is quite clear that making a male clone was not possible with what they had to work with after a good deal of time investment in trying to make one.

Yes, after she was born. Laura didn't have a accelerated growth rate. She was in a medical facility dedicated the cloning of Wolverine where people were testing her under the belief that she was a clone for 14 years and no one in that discovered that she wasn't actually a match for Logan's DNA at all. That's beyond incompetent.
    I don't get it; she had the power set, which is what they wanted. In any event, their plans for a pure male clone changed when Kinney went off script with her female clone, at which point all they cared about was if she would make a good Weapon X point two.

[QUOTE=DurararaFTW;3838827]"but they're really big jerks and didn't about Laura at all" excuse does not work.
    And I quote from Target X #1 (in context of a scene where she's being forced to fight a bear and loosing):
    Sarah Kinney: "Martin, I'm begging you... Please stop this! She's no good to you dead!"
    Martin Sutter: "If she fails here, she's no good to me alive, either."
    Dr. Rice also left her to die over the course of Innocence Lost (although that was personal, admittedly).

Whatever they care about, they spent billions of dollar creating and staffing this state of the art, clandestine medical facility for the sole purpose of creating and testing a clone of Logan.
    Actually, no; it was founded to create a new Weapon X; the only reason they started a cloning project in the first place was because all their test subjects were dying and Kinney pitched it as a way to get a surviving one, since Wolverine's powers had let him survive the original Weapon X project.

At that point it cost them very, very little to do the most basic blood test. But they never discovered that she wasn't a clone.
    A.) she is a clone and B.) if she wasn't, that didn't matter to them in the grand scheme of things.

So why believe Gabby is her clone when we now know no one beside Sinister ever thought to collect the relevant information on Laura required to confirm something like that.
    Because there is no reason to believe that she isn't.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Even though it's to obvious. I'm going to go with Ink.

It's Storm obviously. I mean the one who been hanging out with the X-Men I mean, the real Ororo is chilling in Wakanda.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I could see them considering Firestar as the latter (and she’s included in the Uncanny X-Men promo image), but I think that would be a real shame given her history on the New Warriors and Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends. I wouldn’t hope they’d discount any character created before 2000, but I fear they will go with one from before for greater shock value.
    I like firestar due to the show and it would be a shame if they did do it. I would of likes to see her more as an x-men without crushing on iceman.

Worst case scenario the sleeper is one of the 05. Ugh. Hopefully the are smart enough to avoid that. Regardless, I feel bad for the character that is chosen.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    "Mole" stories are always horribad. Writers, please stop doing them.
    Yeah. They kinda peaked when Gambit and Bishop fought, and ended up nailing Rogue in the face with a pie. Nothing else has come close.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    Even though it's to obvious. I'm going to go with Ink.
    Only thing is... he's not in Red.... and we already know he's no mutant.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Trinary would indeed be the most obvious suspect. So,... probably not. I wonder what Soule is cooking up.
    Trinary being a sleeper agent would be boring as hell since she's new to the X World. The agent has to be someone who is very close to both X-Men readers and the X-Men themselves. The Sleeper Agent can't just be any newly introduced mutant, but someone that will cause tremendous shock upon reveal
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Amazing Member

Maybe Gambit or Jean Grey

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Longshot, and Tony just didn't realize they don't HAVE to be mutants to be on the team.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"