Page 101 of 113 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1688
    BANNED

Bishop is SO about to die.

hmmmmm let's give 20 pages worth of back-ups to Jean and Bishop, the two MAIN characters of the damn event. That definitely didn't need to go to Psylocke or Blindfold or Jubilee or ***** (y'all know I don't shut up about her) or *******. The creative team kept telling people that they couldn't put 50+ X-Men all in one story because some characters will barely get screentime. But maybe if extra pages weren't dedicated to the characters our central focus is on, then maybe we could have seen some other mutants make appearances.

I definitely think Bishop needs the backup story to situate him in the X-World after his tumultuous recent history, especially if he's going to transition to a major player in this event.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I feel that should've been in the BP book since that's where it was introduced. Not sure anyone was waiting for a space romp.
    it very much has but development for a character shouldn't be isolated to one franchise of the company. were going to see fire claws Logan everywhere, British betsy everywhere, and non vampire jubilee everywhere the same should be the case for goddess storm.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    hmmmmm let's give 20 pages worth of back-ups to Jean and Bishop, the two MAIN characters of the damn event. That definitely didn't need to go to Psylocke or Blindfold or Jubilee or ***** (y'all know I don't shut up about her) or *******. The creative team kept telling people that they couldn't put 50+ X-Men all in one story because some characters will barely get screentime. But maybe if extra pages weren't dedicated to the characters our central focus is on, then maybe we could have seen some other mutants make appearances.
    I can see why Bishop got a backup since he hasn't been front and centre since he was a supervillain and we never really got to see when and how he just ended up chilling out at the mansion again with nobody being bothered by it (especially since his AXM teamup was erased from memory).

I'm already relieved Glub Herpman isn't getting his own backup.

I am definitely biased and glad that Bishop gets one of the backups but Jubilee or i dunno SUNFIRE should have gotten some of that real estate.

I hope Bishop is not going to die. We need Bishop. Bishop is a great character and they need to continue to redeem him after the mess they did to him several years ago. I think in general the X-fandom has been too forgiving over what happened to Bishop (of course other characters went dark too including Xavier, Archangel, Scott, Beast, Forge...). I mean are the X-men really heroes or nah?

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I can see why Bishop got a backup since he hasn't been front and centre since he was a supervillain and we never really got to see when and how he just ended up chilling out at the mansion again with nobody being bothered by it (especially since his AXM teamup was erased from memory).

I'm already relieved Glub Herpman isn't getting his own backup.
    I get what's being said about Bishop, but I'm not sure those three are taking Bishop in that direction idk. I think whatever is gonna be hashed out will be in Exterminated #1, then we might get crazy ass, "obsessed with the future" Bishop again. Then again, I don't know what they are gonna do with the character so I can't say anything definitively. It could be fine, but when Soule and the X-Office were being asked about why Bishop was so chummy with the other X-Men, they just referenced Humphries' Uncanny X-Force like that was the end-all be-all for any character drama.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Glad Bishop is getting spotlight in Uncanny #1. Can't wait
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Glad Bishop is getting spotlight in Uncanny #1. Can't wait
    Agreed, I am beyond thrilled to have Bishop the X-Man back as opposed to the nutjob that we have had forced on us.

Astonishing Member

I like Bishop but I think he is more interesting as mutant detective (how he was used in District X and with Morrison when Bishop and Sage investigate Emma's murder), than in a 90s throwback team, as a classic comic book hero

Pleased that Anole is getting some attention, but man, that kid just gets drawn ever more off-model. Big spiky demon arm what?

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Pleased that Anole is getting some attention, but man, that kid just gets drawn ever more off-model. Big spiky demon arm what?
    I don't mind the absence of the arm too much, not when he's wearing long sleeves and gloves. It could just be really tight unstable molecules.

It's his head that I hate. He looks like an asparagus person

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    I definitely think Bishop needs the backup story to situate him in the X-World after his tumultuous recent history, especially if he's going to transition to a major player in this event.
    There's a reason that these two characters got these back-ups and not anyone else. Bishop is the one that needs to be folded back into the X-Men the most, so obviously they're going to give him that extra push - there are a lot of people who either don't know that he exists or still believe that he's a villain. Jean is the character that the office is trying to push as not only the leader of the team / coordinator of all three teams, but the face of the franchise, and hasn't even been back a full year in real time yet. The only other character that could have fit that last position is Storm and editorial probably doesn't think she can carry the franchise like Jean can, since she still has the stink from the IvX and Guggenheim all over her - which is also why they're probably killing Kitty off for a good few years.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    which is also why they're probably killing Kitty off for a good few years.
    I don't understand this obsession with killing characters. What does it solve? Why can't they just put them in a coma or send them to space or something.

I feel writers shouldn't be able to kill any character they didn't create themselves.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.